“Terrible service (Reception) upon arrival”
Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

The Fern Ahmedabad
Ranked #28 of 165 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Hotel is very neat, with new technology installed in the rooms that I have never seen before since I've been travelling e.g. opening of curtains when the door opens, remote controller for lights and almost everything that is in the room.

The terrible service I got it was only from the reception, I was treated like I'm a thief or something. I know i'm a foreigner in India, but a smile will make me feel at home. At some stage I was thinking I'm going to sleep outside because I was standing for 20 minutes waiting while they were thoroughly checking my passport, after a while the said I must leave it and come later to fetch it.

I spent 2 weeks in India travelling from Chennai (Beverly Hotel), Bellary (JSW Guest House), Bangalore (Haysia Hotel), Ranipet (Pride Bizno Hotel); New Delhi (Savoy suites) and Ahmedabad (Fern Hotel) was my last stop before I fly to Mumbai to connect to my SA flight.

I felt so bad and by the treatment I received from your staff on duty that day, It was a lady and she was not friendly at all. I do not want attention and I don't like to mourn. but on this one I must say, that has made me to even skip your Breakfast in the morning, I didn't eat. I wanted to see myself out of the Hotel.

I trust that the above will make your reception desk to improve a lot in dealing with visitors.

Best regards,

Room Tip: 6th Floor facing the main road was awesome
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Johannes V
Fernhotels, General Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for the excellent review on our room facilities and view, and please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused at the front desk upon your arrival.

Based on your experience, we are in the process of implementing an enhanced check-in procedure with the aim of reducing the waiting time. We will now request international guests to themselves guide us to the appropriate Indian visa and immigration stamp in their passport.

The Fern understands the importance of time of our guests. An Express Check-in & Checkout form (For all essential traveller information) is part of our group-wide initiative to complete this procedure within 3 minutes. This is emailed along with each confirmed booking.

We appreciate your review as it is the best way we can receive constructive and direct feedback as a means to improve our services.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and look forward to your visit again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I traveled with my wife and daughter.it was very good experince in fernhotel ahmedabad.they upgraded my room toclub room.staff very courteous.food was good but still needs some improvement. Amenities are excelent and ultramodern.I strongly recommend this hotel.
Dr. Kishor desai.consultig pediatrician. Rajkot.9824146789.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Yes this hotel is Rated no.3 in Trip Advisor and rightly so !

we stayed here for 2 nights and were extremely well taken care of

I had organized 7 meetings and given the hotel's receptions no.

i was surprised when a manager was consistently by my side with a cordless phone to accommodate not only my calls but also the other guests who were coming to meet -- and mind you all this not because I had bookjed a meeting room rather all this in the lobby common area !!

how's that for service levels

breakfast spread was excellent - the elevators were decent too
we also took their in house travel assistance and was at par with our earlier cabs in the city which is one of the rarest things to happen especially in a five star !!

Have to say was fully taken care of and would highly recommend to all business travellers

Room Tip: Check online for better rates
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I was in Ahmedabad on an official trip. It was a pleasant stay in The Fern...Service was really good and breakfast was simply superb. Good choice for a business stay as location of thisbhotel is near by the industrial area. The only thing I dont like about this hotel was the negligence of shift manager as I went there by flight and my return was plan via train. They picked me from Airpot but when I asked them to provide the cab for railway station they up frontly denied...Service gesture was really missing....

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went with a different expectation and was considering an alternate hotel. But I was pleasantly surprised by the service quality and the decor of the rooms. Absolutely perfect experience. For a picky and fault finding traveler like me, I was totally delighted and asked for a feedback form at the reception since in the room the pencil was not working (only shortcoming I could find..:P..).
Keep it up folks!! Already recommended to other teams visiting Ahmedabad.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at The Fern in the first week of June 2013 along with our friends having booked four rooms over the net for four nights. The stay was very comfortable and pleasant. The rooms are large, ambience modern and luxurious, bathrooms clean and with all modern amenities. The mattress and the bed were very comfortable. Included breakfast was sumptuous, though the non veg menu was limited and repeated everyday. Overall a good experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ahmedabad has growing number of hotels. However the Fern stands out because it is situated away from the crowded city area and consequently gives the tired business traveller peace and quite. Rooms are exceptionally clean and the service is great. This is a five star hotel without the fuss. Great food and service in the restaurant. However the room service can be slow. Overall great hotel for business traveller.

• Stayed: June 2013