“Great value, very comfortable, super clean, great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Fern Ahmedabad
Ranked #31 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Carlsbad, California
“Great value, very comfortable, super clean, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

The buffet was included in my package and I stayed for two weeks in a row, back to back (a week in between). While the food was very good, perhaps great if you are a vegetarian, it was more and more difficult to be happy with so many vegetarian choices and so few 'Non-veg' choices.
More important than that, to me, was the coffee. I did 'teach' the staff to start bringing coffee as soon as they saw me and not to stop until I left, but it took a good bit of work to get them there.
As far as everything else: service, assistance, comfort, laundry, everything...these guys are on par with the best. I will stay there again if I am in Ahmedabad.

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Ghanshyam Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the fern on a business trip to Ahmedabad
Decent value for money - you can negotiate very good rates if you're giving then room nights. New hotel so the rooms are fabulous very clean n comfortable
Located on the sola highway not really the best If u want to be in the city centre but then it's not far away either

Food is a big minus - breakfast s very limited spread and teh same thing pretty much everyday. Food isn't great at all. Service at the restaurant also is wanting n and can definitely be better - new hotel feels like they are learning

Overall I would say good value for money if you get the rate right

• Stayed April 2013

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was staying over in Ahmedabad for just one night, on the way to Jaipur. I was able to get a room at the Fern for a very good last-minute price, so I decided to stay there.

The room was excellent, with clean, crisp white linen, a modern bathroom, table + chair to work. The food is fantastic and service is very good. Though the hotel is close to a busy road, the soundproofing is very good, so you do not hear anything in the room.

I'd recommend this hotel no problem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IntrepidTravellah

Ahmedabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We did a conference in Feb 2013. The place was booked at least 3 months in advance. We did make it clear that we will need the banquet till about 7.00 pm since we had long agenda for the day.

The day went well. Room was ready in the morning. Service for tea/ coffee/ snacks was excellent. They asked us to join us in the Restaurant for buffet lunch instead of serving us separately. The services in restaurant was extremely poor. They seemed to be short of staff. One guest had a particular requirement for Food. They could not manage it time.

At the end of the day the staff started hurrying us up at 6.30 pm to vacate the room stating that at 7.00 pm they needed it for another function. Our team's argument that our booking is till 7.00 pm went in vain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I frequently visit the dinner buffet for meetings and personal occasions and I have never been dissatisfied as they always make you feel special with exceptional service and also offer great food and options. Specially visit when they have special food festivals going on. Cheers.

• Stayed February 2013

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very Decent,Calm and Nice place to spend time with your loved ones.Liked the Iphone dock for charging my mobile.The Hotel is in par with all the other luxury hotels in India,however there scope of improvement when compared to International standards.
Just one advice would be to increase the size of the table for in room dining service or serve the food using table top food trolleys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here for six days, during our visit to Ahemdabad. The hotel, and its wonderful, warm, friendly, and professional staff exceeded all of our expectations. The food was beautifully prepared, with a huge range of varieties, and our room was spacious, and very clean. Housekeeping, Front Desk, Restaurant, Travel Desk, and all other members made our stay both a memorable and enjoyable one! Thank you to the entire Team! We miss the cookie jar, in the room, with freshly baked cookies, every day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family