“Very nice hotel”
Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

The Fern Ahmedabad
Ranked #26 of 166 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was there for 3 nights , really nice hotel , bf ,excelente , the rooms are new and very nice .the internet should be free , not far from town .
Nothing much at walking distance , but easily u get the trasport rickshaw or taxi , and close to a shooping mall .
Must visit the bazar , or main town , where there is an 590 years old mosque .

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ASamad1965
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

One of the best Hotels seen during my staying in India.
Buffet offers carefully selected food of incredible quality.
However I had one problem with my booking since they did not organize my pick-up at the airport. After I called them, shuttle arrived in 5 min.
Personnel very friendly and cooperative.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Fern for almost four weeks in January 2012. I must say that everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful and no job was too big. Special thanks to Nimit and the team in reception and all the people working in the restaurant.

All the facilities were really good, from the food to the rooms and the location. I was advised the hotel facilities are being expanded with the availability of a rooftop restaurant, swimming pool and gym in the coming months, so this hotel can only get better.

5 out of 5 for service and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MubarakS

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a night in jan..we had booked 4 rooms.The reception staff was pleasing,the rooms are good but the food was pathetic!! The room service staff needs a lot more training cause they not at all courteous with the guests.
We called in for a few sodas and sprites tat turned out to be without fizz after complaint got the answer tat it's nt their responsibility if sodas are flat..To top it the in room dining which is supposed to be round the clock served cold and burnt pizza,fish and chips was served cold without tartar sauce and the chips were just got out frm the fridge..after an hour of arguing at 2am was served hot food..
Overall dint enjoy the stay at all for the price tat we paid.Ahmedabad has a lot much better and comfortable Hotels
Will never recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank niks94
Fernhotels, General Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for feedback. As the general manager, I have been appraised of your experience and apologise for the sub-standard service & food you received in your room. The associates in question have been enrolled into a sensitivity training programme to avoid this ever happening again.

I am also pleased that our buffet dining at the Garden Cafe met with your approval. Thank you also for your positive comments on our location, cleanliness and room experience.

We appreciate your review as it the best way we can receive constructive and direct feedback as a means to improve our services.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and look forward to your visit again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at the Fern a couple of times during November 2012 and December 2012 for a day trip. The hotel was very close to my client's office and had a wonderful airport drop/pick up facility. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful, right from the doorman to the reception manager. All your queries are answered in a structured manner with no dis ambiguity. The lobby is warm and welcoming, pleasant temperatures are maintained throughout.

Moving on to the rooms, these were very spacious and fully loaded with creature comforts. The bedding was awesome and the air conditioning system was great. Room service was prompt and provided a wonderful variety of food in the menu. The dinner spread however left me unsatisfied with the fish and chicken being overcooked. The breakfast spread was at best decent with the menu catering towards vegetarians rather than non-vegetarians.

Billing was prompt and once again an extremely transparent process. I would definitely recommend this place for a business trip.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the highway you get a good view of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlokBhide

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited the Hotel when I visited Ahmedabad for a Business Trip in August, 2012. The Hotel did give me a good First Impression. When I entered in the rooms, it gave me a good feeling about the stay I'll be having in the Hotel, as they looked quite spacious and comfortable. I liked the Meals that they served at the Restaurant. I liked the Service of the Staff too, as when I required a couple of things during my stay, which they didn't have in the Hotel, In no time, I was provided with those items with a Smile on their face.

Overall, I loved the stay there and would surely Recommend You to stay there, as the Rooms are worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Not a bad hotel, a bit far from the airport, but hotel car service has been on time 4 out 5 times and typically very good. Dinner menu a bit limited and last 2 visits items from the late night menu have been unavailable. Breakfast buffet is very good, but made to order chef has not been on station last 4 visits. Service is reasonable good in coffee shop.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business