The Fern Ahmedabad
$42
HIExpress.com
$59
$57
The House of MG(Ahmedabad)
$66
Hotel Volga(Ahmedabad)
$25
$21
  • Room Service
All reviewsgarden cafeeco friendly hotelsouth indian restaurantsg highwaymr rahulvalue for moneybusiness tripbusiness hotelrooms are spaciousexcellent propertyspecial thanksin room diningexcellent servicequality of foodduty managerhotel is locatedroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Modern Amenities are plentiful & obvious; Bed is exceptionall comfortable. Service is very good. Food quality & taste are good. Quite far from the Airport. At present work is in progress on the roads. Suggestion to the Management is to make Wi-Fi free.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Enter the hotel and if you are not careful you will bang into the reception! But, you might as well bang into the reception as otherwise they are fairly unattentive! Service is very impersonal and no matter how big an organisation you come from or no matter how many executives from your company stay in te hotel frequently, you would treated like a stranger with the same blank look and cold behaviour.
It has no gym, as well. Fairly basic, that is.
Yeah location is really good and pricing not so bad. But if you can afford a more warmth, stay away from this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Fernhotels, General Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for feedback. As the general manager, I have been appraised of your experience and am looking into its circumstances. Please accept my apology for the service you have received.

Thank you also for your positive scores on Value, Location, Sleep & Cleanliness. We do hope we can achieve a perfect score on all counts on your next visit.

The gym & pool are being upgraded with a new spa being added too. They should be ready in a few months. I hope you experienced our pillow menu which offers pillows from firm to soft, down feathers and micro fibre to suit your comfort and sleeping style. Our housekeeper will be happy to guide you through the options.

We look forward to your visit again.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A consistently good offering. I stay here regularly, normally taking a few rooms for a week. Location is good if you have to travel to different corners of city it is relatively close to the airport. Club level is worth the extra cost. Excellent restaurants-buffet is very comprehensive, with foods from every continent. Chinese restaurant is great (very authentic, no Manchurian Chicken!) if expensive.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very nice Hotel. Specially the Hotel room, was indeed very very nice.

Good location - right on the SG Highway.
Great Food except I would have liked a bit more spread at the morning breakfast.

Overall a wonderful Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Fern Hotel for a couple of nights. As soon as we arrived I could feel something special about this hotel. The exterior impressive, lobby clean well maintained with an aura of zen, staff polite and well meaning.

Rooms large I took a twin double and found it more than reasonable in size for myself and my companion. After having been in Mumbai this hotel brought a smile to both our faces. Everything was decorated well, with the weary traveller in mind whose thoughts are comfort and relaxation.

Food was superb - breakfast was a little heavy from the buffet I.e. cooked foods but the chef obliged my request of an omelette. We ordered room service which is available 24hrs and again all good was delicious.

Front of house staff were exceptional recommending places to shop, visit and arranging transport.

We decided we liked it so much we wanted to stay an extra night and the hotel gave us the same rate although we had originally booked online through a 3rd party.

Only negatives were noise outside in the morning I think this was construction and not to do with the hotel but annoying nonetheless. And we stayed during NYE and the club downstairs was pumping music up to us in our room. Make sure your room is situated on the right side of the hotel to avoid this.

Overall score 4/5, I definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012