“Claustrophobic”

Ranked #29 of 161 Hotels in Ahmedabad
New Delhi, India
“Claustrophobic”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Enter the hotel and if you are not careful you will bang into the reception! But, you might as well bang into the reception as otherwise they are fairly unattentive! Service is very impersonal and no matter how big an organisation you come from or no matter how many executives from your company stay in te hotel frequently, you would treated like a stranger with the same blank look and cold behaviour.
It has no gym, as well. Fairly basic, that is.
Yeah location is really good and pricing not so bad. But if you can afford a more warmth, stay away from this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fernhotels, General Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for feedback. As the general manager, I have been appraised of your experience and am looking into its circumstances. Please accept my apology for the service you have received.

Thank you also for your positive scores on Value, Location, Sleep & Cleanliness. We do hope we can achieve a perfect score on all counts on your next visit.

The gym & pool are being upgraded with a new spa being added too. They should be ready in a few months. I hope you experienced our pillow menu which offers pillows from firm to soft, down feathers and micro fibre to suit your comfort and sleeping style. Our housekeeper will be happy to guide you through the options.

We look forward to your visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

A consistently good offering. I stay here regularly, normally taking a few rooms for a week. Location is good if you have to travel to different corners of city it is relatively close to the airport. Club level is worth the extra cost. Excellent restaurants-buffet is very comprehensive, with foods from every continent. Chinese restaurant is great (very authentic, no Manchurian Chicken!) if expensive.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Pune, India
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very nice Hotel. Specially the Hotel room, was indeed very very nice.

Good location - right on the SG Highway.
Great Food except I would have liked a bit more spread at the morning breakfast.

Overall a wonderful Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Fern Hotel for a couple of nights. As soon as we arrived I could feel something special about this hotel. The exterior impressive, lobby clean well maintained with an aura of zen, staff polite and well meaning.

Rooms large I took a twin double and found it more than reasonable in size for myself and my companion. After having been in Mumbai this hotel brought a smile to both our faces. Everything was decorated well, with the weary traveller in mind whose thoughts are comfort and relaxation.

Food was superb - breakfast was a little heavy from the buffet I.e. cooked foods but the chef obliged my request of an omelette. We ordered room service which is available 24hrs and again all good was delicious.

Front of house staff were exceptional recommending places to shop, visit and arranging transport.

We decided we liked it so much we wanted to stay an extra night and the hotel gave us the same rate although we had originally booked online through a 3rd party.

Only negatives were noise outside in the morning I think this was construction and not to do with the hotel but annoying nonetheless. And we stayed during NYE and the club downstairs was pumping music up to us in our room. Make sure your room is situated on the right side of the hotel to avoid this.

Overall score 4/5, I definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed for honeymoon and like the rooms and concept of environment sensitive hotel. Rooms are specious and clean. food quality and variety special buffet breakfast layout with so many options. and services are very good. Front office is also very friendly and smiling with prompt services. also they briefed about hotel facilities at the time of check inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms are same view. go for higher floor, where u got tremendous view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vaibhav S

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is kind of a good hotel, but they have a problem of internet again that it is cery slow.
I have stayed in another hotel in ahmed abad and was better in internet and rooms.

But if u r looking to pay a decent amount come here.
The bed and food are good.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank JuJu-Dubai

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the trip-advisor ratings. When I booked on-line they confirmed bookings without requesting credit card details (this was a pleasant surprise). Everything from the airport pick-up to the front desk efficiency was superb.
Admittedly like most business hotels the rooms are a bit small, but the rooms are fantastic in all other respects.
The buffet dinners and breakfasts are also extremely good. Despite the high tariff for the hotel, I have no hesitation in saying that it is worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your family choose inter-connecting rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family