“Wonderful hotel, great staff, good value thoroughly reccomend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

The Fern Ahmedabad
Ranked #34 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
“Wonderful hotel, great staff, good value thoroughly reccomend.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Fern Hotel for a couple of nights. As soon as we arrived I could feel something special about this hotel. The exterior impressive, lobby clean well maintained with an aura of zen, staff polite and well meaning.

Rooms large I took a twin double and found it more than reasonable in size for myself and my companion. After having been in Mumbai this hotel brought a smile to both our faces. Everything was decorated well, with the weary traveller in mind whose thoughts are comfort and relaxation.

Food was superb - breakfast was a little heavy from the buffet I.e. cooked foods but the chef obliged my request of an omelette. We ordered room service which is available 24hrs and again all good was delicious.

Front of house staff were exceptional recommending places to shop, visit and arranging transport.

We decided we liked it so much we wanted to stay an extra night and the hotel gave us the same rate although we had originally booked online through a 3rd party.

Only negatives were noise outside in the morning I think this was construction and not to do with the hotel but annoying nonetheless. And we stayed during NYE and the club downstairs was pumping music up to us in our room. Make sure your room is situated on the right side of the hotel to avoid this.

Overall score 4/5, I definitely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
FOMAhmedabad, Front Office Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Ghanshyam Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed for honeymoon and like the rooms and concept of environment sensitive hotel. Rooms are specious and clean. food quality and variety special buffet breakfast layout with so many options. and services are very good. Front office is also very friendly and smiling with prompt services. also they briefed about hotel facilities at the time of check inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms are same view. go for higher floor, where u got tremendous view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vaibhav S

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is kind of a good hotel, but they have a problem of internet again that it is cery slow.
I have stayed in another hotel in ahmed abad and was better in internet and rooms.

But if u r looking to pay a decent amount come here.
The bed and food are good.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank JuJu-Dubai

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the trip-advisor ratings. When I booked on-line they confirmed bookings without requesting credit card details (this was a pleasant surprise). Everything from the airport pick-up to the front desk efficiency was superb.
Admittedly like most business hotels the rooms are a bit small, but the rooms are fantastic in all other respects.
The buffet dinners and breakfasts are also extremely good. Despite the high tariff for the hotel, I have no hesitation in saying that it is worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with your family choose inter-connecting rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

chandigarh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had gone here with family for Lunch Buffet... lots of varities of sumptuous food... service is also good.. worth going again. its located at S G Highway and has better ambience than many other places. No idea about the hotel rooms as have not stayed here.

Room Tip: Nice lunch menu
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The pricetag is pretty high for this hotel on SG Road given the small rooms and lack of facilities.

The rooms are small , they don't have a ceiling fan (surprising for a supposedly eco friendly hotel to not have something which reduces A/C usage) , the hotel is short staffed most of the time , the laneway in front of the main doors is single lane meaning cars can't wait too long for passengers without getting rude honks from the drivers behind.

On the positive side , the staff are eager to please , the rooms are tech friendly , the restaurant is Ok.

Overall , not worth the money at advertised rates , good hotel if you can snag a deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Fernhotels, General Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. As the general manager, I have been appraised of your experience. The hotel is renowned for its quite room experience as no traffic noise is audible inspite of being alongside a major highway. The engineering & housekeeping teams are investigating your room experience with the aim to make the bathroom experience as quite as possible.

Thank you for your positive ranking on the sleep quality.

We appreciate your review as it the best way we can receive constructive and direct feedback as a means to improve our services.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and look forward to your visit again.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Good property at reasonable location, well priced. Restaurent serves good food with covering many cousins.
Hotel is new staff is not trained lacking in room cleaning & replenishment of consumable items like coffee packets, towels, milk powder etc.
Overall confortable & definitly recommended location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this review, May 31, 2014