“Real Hospitality”
Review of The Fern Ahmedabad

The Fern Ahmedabad
Ranked #28 of 162 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Fern was booked for me online by someone who has stayed in the best of the best (including the Ritz Carlton and the Waldorf) by just looking at the photos displayed in the hotel website. It was therefore a heart warming experience to meet some of the most pleasant, helpful reception staff and the room. The view from the room was great: cricket match played like the one on the village green I saw in England, cattle grazing in the distance, trains all reminiscent of good old days.

What struck me the most was the genuinely helpful staff, which is really the USP of the hotel. Right down from the Duty Magager Mr. Galway, Reception staff - Varun, Sanjeev, Ms. Raval, restaurant manager Mr. Kumar, the Head Steward Imtiaz and the rest - practically every one went out of his or her way to help without being intrusive. The food was excellent with a wide choice in the buffet, fresh fruit and beverages to suit individual tastes (no alcoholic drinks, please).

Having stayed in some of the best hotels both in the US and the UK, I could compare various aspects of the Fern with them, the best being the guest orientated service approach, genuine warmth and willingness to serve the guests.

One of the happiest stays in any hotel in India.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Sola Overbridge have excellent view, especially above the fifth floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
FOMAhmedabad, Manager at The Fern Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Ahmedabad.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your feedback with my colleagues. At The Fern, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Encouraging words from valuable patrons like you motivates us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to The Fern and would be delighted to assist you with any requirement.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here for two days last weekend and was very happy with my stay. The staff is very helpful and really go out of the way to help you. The rooms are very spacious and with huge glass windows that look out to a vast emptiness and a train track faraway.

They do not have a gym or swimming pool but i missed neither of them. The food is average and nothing exceptionally great. The breakfast buffet is a good spread. What stood out for me is the spacious room and the automated curtains that you can control by lying down on the bed.

Room Tip: Stay on the 8th floor as you will see a vast expanse from your window.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AvikC

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Ahmedabad most beautiful hotel on main S.G.Highway connecting gandhinagar,capital of Gujarat and many nearest attctions like Adalajvava,and sola Temple and gujarat high court.
Good ambiance,attractive elivation,parking and wide and big rooms
good management,nioce restaurant shefs,cook and service staff.
mr Garasiya Rwestaurant manager is very helping
worth to eat,and stay

Room Tip: The front side at road is litle noisy but opposit roadside is very peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank rawalMumbai

Reviewed July 12, 2012

it was a great experience.the location was little bit interior but once you enter into the property it was an amazing experience.rooms and service was very good.B/F WAS UN COMPARABLE WITH ANY HOTEL IN INDIA.You will not get such a wonderfull B/f.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sudharam999

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Super place - the food was above average.. the location is a bit of a downer but the interiors were plush and newly done. They do get extra brownies for that !

the only weird part was that they asked me to put a deposit of Rs. 2K which i know is a standard practice abroad but hasnt ever been done to me in India but thats not really reason to not stay with them !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank pawangulani

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Awesome hotel - with great rooms and food and excellent service.

Was here for a 2 night stay and absolutely loved it. The rooms are top notch with the latest gadgets / fittings, the food is great, airport pick-up / drops are a breeze and the overall experience was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank akshits

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Everything about The Fern was expertly handled except for the exorbitant price for internet.
Food and the service was top-notch and the room was in relatively good condition, certainly it was comfortable.

Internet costs over 900rps a day and the internet quality is not great. Since I was working entirely by web, this was a real pain the in [--]. The management was very unhelpful here. Other than apologizing a hundred times there was nothing he could do.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo