“What a Concept ! Wow!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Jamnagar
“What a Concept ! Wow!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Had lunch on 8th June 2012. Visited along with my Wife and son. It was our first visit to any Barbeque Nation Restaurant. We were surprised by the concept and really loved it and we were very impressed by on-the-table grill concept.
The service was very good the waiting staff helped us with the details with a smile.
The food was oustanding. The non-veg and veg starters were very very tasty and we enjoyed heating the starters on the grill placed on our table.
The buffet lunch spread consisted on both veg and non-veg items was very tasty and filling. The sweets and deserts were also very good.
I would also like to mention that the service staff have a badge attached to their uniform that says "READ MY LIPS, NO TIPS". We really found this very nice.
We will definitely visit again.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank RajaSethJamnagar

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Lilongwe, Lilongwe, Malawi
“Very Good food, bit crowdy but nice place to unwind!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Good food, excellent non veg dishes, bit cramppy tables should bit apart and live music should toned down. Reservation is must or may take time to be seated. Better to be avaoided on week ends. Non veg food is really good, tempting nad delicious. Veg is not far behind. Clean place. Can be for family, friends, couple, business or even solo if you are adeventurist!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Himanshu C
Ahmedabad, India
“Very poor service.. The person who took our reservation was horrible.. Long waits spoils entire experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

1 Thank Harikrishnan Nair
“Nice change from typical Indian cuisine”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This place was recommended to me when I stayed in Ahmedabad for 2 months. Luckily it was down the street from where I interned, but I only went there once. I think I paid about 500 Rs for the entire meal + mixed drink (which was super good!) - a great deal considering all the food you can eat. The ambiance and furniture were really nice and westernized (not that it has to be westernized to be nice by any means). You have a personal grill at your table so there isn't too much room at the table. Service was good, the waiter kept coming back with more skewers and asking which once I wanted and whether the food was good or not.

I would forgo the buffet, which isn't exceptional, and focus on the skewers. I tried all skewers, both veg and non-veg. The variety might differ by season/location (based on the online menu, which isn't everything you get), but you get about 5-6 different skewers of veg and non-veg each. They were all pretty good but I really enjoyed the Med/Lebanese (can't remember which one) grilled veggies mix, mushrooms, prawns, and one of the chicken ones - all so tasty!! For the most part, everything was marinated really well. I probably had about 3-4 rounds of skewers since its all you can eat for one price. I ended with dessert, which consisted mainly of cakes and nothing was exceptional if you've had really good dessert elsewhere before. Interestingly, they give you a survey card at the end to rate their service and food and I suggested they improve on their cheesecake (which wasn't really cheesecake even though they called it that) and found out from a colleague that the chef likely had never seen/tasted cheesecake before and kinda just threw something together and called it that. Basically, stick with the skewers since it is called BBQ Nation after all and that is their specialty.

Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank traveler38494
Ahmedabad
“Nothing fancy but not worth missing out”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Well I am a big fan of non vegetarian food and so had to try out Barbeque Nation as a lot of people were singing praises about.

To be fair as a regular non vegetarian eater I found nothing fancy about this restaurant. The food is quite good and delicious but nothing exceptional or out of the blue for it. I mean I have tried buffets in a lot of Five Star Hotel Restaurants and trust me damn expensive they are but I can't stop licking my fingers at the kind of varieties they dish out.

So I would quite simply say I was quite disappointed in the variety of the cuisine and would say for the price I paid I didn't find value in that.

But overall the restaurant is good. Staff is well mannered and courteous. Anyone who enjoys non vegetarian food should visit it atleast once. It's not worth missing.

• Visited June 2011