“Cheating on room rent”

Ranked #22 of 157 Hotels in Ahmedabad
New Delhi, India
“Cheating on room rent”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had a terrible experience with the General Manager and the front office Manager today. This was my second stay in this Hotel since April 2012. While I had walked in the first time and taken a room I was offfered a rate of Rs. 3520/- plus taxes. In the month of June, I had negotiated a rate of R. 3600/- inclusive of all taxes. This was confirmed by an Email to me dated 4th June 2012. However due to sudden illness of my collegue the trip had to be cancelled.
When I made a reservation on 9th of July again, the reservation staff confirmed to me that the last offered rate would be applicable.
However while checking out today to my shock I found that they had charged me at the April rates and not the agreed June 2012 rates.
Conviniently they had sent me a reservation confirmation on 9th July with the April rates and not June rates, which I noticed only today.
When I raised the issue first the front office staff refused to acknowledge that they had at any time agreed to the rates quoted by me. Fortunately I had a copy of the mail sent by the Hotel. When I showed them their confirmation, new excuses were given that the rates change every time and so they have considered April rates and not June rates. Another excuse was they can consider only the rates at which one stayed in the Hotel.
Since there was a misunderstanding I expected the GM to give me the benefit of doubt. Unfortunately he was very adamant and even refused to acknowledge the June offer.
I was made to look like a criminal in front of the entire staff as if all the fault was mine.
The front office Manager looked like a goon who could beat me up if I had not paid the amount demanded by the Hotel.
While I lost a good one hour in the process and left the Hotel with a very bitter taste, having paid the full amount. There was no remorse on the part of the Hotel GM or the front office Manager.
It is sad to have such an experience when I was planning to patronise the Hotel for all my visit to Ahmedabad.
I guess the Hotel Management needs to send the GM and the Front office Manager for a rehabilitation program in order to better manage their customers (regular or otherwise).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Devashishdelhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bangalore
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The average ratings really do not do justice to this hotel. I stayed at the Ramada for a 2 day business trip and found that the hotel/facilities/service were pretty good. The room was large and comfortable. However, my bathroom did not have hot water and I had to request for it in a bucket. The breakfast spread while not elaborate is adequate.I really don't appreciate hotels that cannot provide free wi-fi. Ramada charges Rs 200 an hour - I am not sure if anyone would be foolish enough to opt for it. A very noticeable trend in bigger luxurious hotels is that they charge ridiculous amounts for wifi while smaller hotels not only provide free wifi, but also provide a lan cable in the room. That said, the service levels at Ramada are pretty good, I enjoyed my stay and will be back soon for my next business visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thomaser
mumbai
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I travelled to Ahmedabad last month and found that this hotel caters to budget travellers but the experience has been very good. Nicely located the hotel has nice rooms furnished beautifully. The food is of good quality too. I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were clean and ambience very good

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank doveeye2000
Mumbai
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Least you expect of a hotel is clean rooms and bathrooms. The hotel provide just that and was value for money. Rooms are small but good enough for overnight business traveler with small one-day bag.

Food was a problem though as my colleague and I had stomach problem after eating Chinese at the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ravMumbai
Mountain View, California
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week in March 2012 for a business trip to Ahmedabad. I did not book the hotel or compare to others in the area myself, so I cannot really comment on the value. I had certain expectations when I heard it was a Ramada and expected something similar to past stays at Ramada hotels in the United States. I was pleasantly surprised, though, and the room was much nicer than I expected. I only used the wireless internet on my first night and although it was fairly expensive, I didn't have any service issues. I ate breakfast and a few dinners at the buffet and everything was pretty good although I didn't try everything as I was being extra cautious and didn't have any fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, etc. after getting very sick my last time in India.

Overall I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful, but I did have one strange experience. When a coworker came to settle part of the bill my first morning, they told us that they needed my signature for laundry. The issue was that I didn't leave any clothing to be laundered. I placed some of my clothing on top of the laundry form and bag in the closet, but didn't put any clothes inside or set the bag out. I am positive everything was closed up, so I was concerned to hear someone went through the closed closet and potentially took my clean clothes to be laundered just because they were on top of the laundry bag and form. We explained I didn't want anything cleaned and when I got back to the room all of my clothing was there so there wasn't an issue in the end, but it was a little strange. Despite this incident, I would definitely stay in this hotel again on any return trips to the office in Ahmedabad.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mau_nj
Coimbra, Portugal
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My worst experience in a hotel...do not recommend at all!!!

1) I asked for my room rate in the 1st day and nobody answered.

2)I was charged 360rup daily of "Luxury Tax" which came from nowhere.

3) My room refrigirator did not work.

4) I was charged of 2 days internet and I didn't had wireless in my room. The staff confirmed that the router in the corridor of my room did not work, but I was still charged.

5) Staff was rude and incapable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Nuno G
Udaipur City, Rajasthan, India
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stay there two times and spend over 65 thousand last December I was there with my client and they were not able to resolve his internet problem for two days it’s really painful.
This time in Jan I was coming from Mumbai and I stay with family for one day there driver damage my car and when I call to hotel staff every one ignore it.
They really don’t care for your parking cars they even don’t clean your car even they don’t clean the from glass food and rooms were good but overall I am not satisfy with this hotel, I paid unnecessary 5K to repair my cars because of Ramada Ahmadabad Drivers mistake....
The ultimate problem is they replay my emails after 5 days and when they will tell you they are calling you back they will never call!
Sorry for bad review but its bitter truth!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business