“Not to stay”

Ranked #135 of 227 Ahmedabad B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Positive:
Located in City center
Very Good restaurant near this hotel
Negative :
No option of hanging cloths in bathroom.
Bad sheet & pillow cover was dirty.
No lift facility for persons staying on top floor.
Shower was not working

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you book on phone and bargain, you may get discounts depending on season. Its a good budget hotel in Paldi. Good room service. Good cleanliness. It is situated in a comercial complex on 4th and 5th floor and belongs to the famous Neelkanth Group which owns "Patang Hotel."

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JaniA1
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Intercom was not working.
Staff were not aware some of the tourist spots in the city.
Reservation requirement in Patang was not informed to me.
Bathing soap was provided only for one day out of 3 three days

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pugazhenthi
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Hotel Located in prime location for Private bus services.
Good service at call & Need development in hospitality and communication intercom for requirement. Room must be sound proof for not getting disturbed on outside sound.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yugandar r
Reviewed November 22, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this hotel on cleartrip. Picture show on cleartrip was not matching. Hotel is about 6-7km far away from railway station. It was very difficult to find this hotel. It is in middle of commercial complex.

When i reach there with my wife and chile, there was few people sitting next to reception (hotel guys) looking to my wife like they never seen any girl. After check in process, guy took us on 4th floor for our room. Lift was horrible. It was very old and i was feeling like it will just fell down.

Room was ok with space. Bedsheet was not clean. Towel was not provided but they given on request. They don't have proper management for food order. I order food and they forgot. i called them again and nobody answer properly. After half n hour, i got angry and went down to reception and then immediately i got food in 10 mins.

I ordered milk for my two years old daughter, but they provided powder milk which cause alot of problem to my daughter. So we check out hotel before a days. I asked, if they can pay me cash for a day before check out. They refuse but i was not bother about it. I just wanted to leave and left hotel. I will never recommend this hotel for any couple or family.

Room Tip: Only thing is that, it is cheap and good for single traveller (male only).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank mridvan
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I booked this hotel based on the review below mine.I wanna meet this person who wrote this review and yell at him for disguising travellers. Ahmedabad was a stop-over for us on our journey from Rajasthan to goa.So we chose this place as it was just 1000 rs a day. Trust me, we have stayed in 100x better places than this, at much lesser rates.

Reception was run by bunch of nitwits who dont know their job.

Property was in shambles!!

Location was worse!

Staff was horrible!! Some of them looked like rapists. I saw one of them peeing openly in the hotel lobby toilet when we were going out.He flashed his *you know what* at me and grinned. WTF!

The walk from reception to our room scared and depressed me to bits! After entering the room, I wanted to jump out of my room window. The room looked like a jail cell. Spotted sheets, room smaller than the bathroom, no ventilation, no window, broken doors, cracked walls, nauseating smell. Are you kidding us? Is this a room or a jail?? You should be paying us instead, for putting up with such a disgusting room! Bathroom was twice the size of the room (does this make sense?) but how on earth could it dare to be a good bathroom !! You could see stains (god knows of what?!) in the wash basin and walls. OMG! Was someone murdered here few hours ago? I wanted to cry loudly but had to contain my despair as I didnt want to ruin our trip. We planned to stay out of room for as long as we could. So we got fresh and left the room within an hour of checking in. I still shiver to recall things about this property. The room was so suffocating that we couldnt sleep for whole night.
Next morning, we reluctantly ordered for breakfast. People on other side of phone were retards who could barely understand simple english my aussie bloke spoke with them. They idiotically hung up on him and sent an uneducated janitor to our room who just knew local language. What???!!! You couldnt understand us and you expect an illiterate janitor to understand us better than you do?? I shouted the order from bathroom ,in hindi. After I finished ordering, instead of leaving, he literally barged in to look at me. He came back again to ask "madam did you finally place your order?" We could hear him laughing with his friends after he left. He was just being a perv (same person who flashed his bits last time). My fiance called the reception and complained about this guy. Arghhh!! I dont wanna write more about this property. Recalling our horrid experience makes my guts sick!
God!! what a horrible place! Food was even more horrible! We were so desperate to leave the place that we booked flights and left a day before our actual checkout. I want this place to be sucked in by earth someday!!!

Room Tip: My only room tip is - Dont choose a room in this hotel. Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple