“Comfortable and convenient”

Starottel Ahmedabad
Ranked #11 of 166 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Regents is new name for St Laurn; New management has started doing small changes in rooms - but more needs to be done on maintenance side. As always, hotel is good for business travelers at Ahmadabad owing to its good location, good breakfast. I had little goof-up at check-in; kinda of repeat of previous stay but otherwise it was nice comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
GM-Regenta, General Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your appreciation with my colleagues and they are highly motivated to provide the highest standards of service to our customers.

We at Regenta Ahmedabad value your patronage and sincerely look forward to your next visit to serve you.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

It's was earlier a property of St Laurn, now it's been taken up by the Royal orchid grp, they have retained the staff & I must say that the staff is very courteous both at the reception & also at the restaurant. The food is ok but the ambience is good. The spread of the breakfast is good but quiet repetitive. I paid 3.5K/Day as a corporate rate for my stay but it's worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2014
FOM_SLTA, General Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Keep it up.Excellent upkeep.I would love to stay here everytime I visit Ahmedabad. I will not have any hesitation in recommending the same to my peers. The courteous treatment and the effable manners of the staff are endearing.There is nothing more for me to add.

• Stayed: April 2014
FOM_SLTA, General Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Reviewed April 6, 2014

When I checked into the hotel, the lobby gave an idea of an ideal business hotel, but that ended once we got to the rooms, The rooms have a open washroom area concept, so the bath tub, basin, dressing area is all open and surrounded by clear glass (Thankfully the shower and WC area have opaque glass panels). The shower has no place to hold the towel once you are inside, same with the WC. So unless you are romantically inclined to your colleague, stay away from these rooms.The cupboard is also of glass, so every visitor to your room can enjoy a view of your personal stuff kept in it. I was sharing the room with my colleague, however even after calling the reception twice, there were towels, napkins and toiletries provided only for 1 guest. Also the room has pretty bad exhaust/ventilation, add to that the open washroom area, the room always felt musty. Also the room was not clean enough as per hotel chain standards. The bed was amazing and super comfy. The minibar was adequate and reasonably priced.

My Room plan was MAP, so dinner and breakfast was included. I must compliment the whole kitchen staff, it has been by far one of the best spreads in terms of variety and taste that I have ever come across during my trips. So full credit to the whole team. The dinner and breakfast were very satisfying and the service was top notch.

However I had an early morning check-out and that was not so smooth. The desk was slow, another guest (Spice jet pilot) was fuming at the staff for their lack of experience and speed as he was getting late for his flight (So was I). Finally it took us 35 mins to check out (at around 4.45 am). We had asked for breakfast to be packed for us, which the hotel very nicely parceled and had ready for us at check-out, the only issue was, we were 4 people (2 rooms) and the staff had packed only for 1 person per room (I guess towels, napkin, breakfast all have to be shared).

Room Tip: Take a higher floor, views are better
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Deep S

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sparing your valuable time and giving us your feedback. It is our continuous effort to improve our services and we value your comments and suggestions. We regret to note that you have not enjoyed your stay in term of cleanliness, amenities and check out service at our hotel.

I have shared your feedback with my colleagues and will try to meet and exceed your expectations during your next visit to the property.

We at Regenta Ahmedabad value your patronage and sincerely look forward to serve you again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance

Reviewed March 18, 2014

great location , rite on the busiest road of amd.

Rooms very beautiful, larger than usual , cozy and comfortable.

prompt room service . if you don't customise much , then food is just very ausumm ! Terrace carries really nice atmosphere. Hotel ambience is very good.

staff is good , especially Mr Bhaumik , the duty manager , had experience how to deal with frequent guest. problem solver.

overall , had a pleasurable stay .

Room Tip: get the room on more upper floors.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
FOM_SLTA, General Manager at Starottel Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. While we are happy to know you found our rooms comfortable and your overall experience was good, we are concerned to hear your feedback on our service. We have taken your insights into account and are addressing the same with our team.

We have also shared your special compliments with our associates and they are also grateful to hear the same.

We do hope you choose to stay with us again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had an extremely plesent stay with my wife at regenta, you can't imagine anything better than this at such great price. Great food accompanied by a good service, would definetly recommend others to give it a try.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Thank you for such a lovely stay and making it so lavish at the price of peanuts compared to the amenities and the room. The view is simply suave plus the terrace pool made the
evenings memorable.

The breakfast spread was to die for and the location is so convenient to any place connectivity was a cake walk

• Stayed: March 2014