“Courtyard Marriott - Not a hotel to recommend at least !!!”

Courtyard Ahmedabad
Ranked #1 of 166 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Hi Friends,
Here are my thoughts and observation about Courtyard, Ahmadabad. In fact, I shared the same in the feedback forum/online survey and I happened to have a chat with their senior executive. He promised me that he would incorporate the feedback.
I stayed in courtyard for 2 nights in one of the business trips. Here are my observations.
1. Reception/Front desk - Good. Quickly checked in as i did advanced booking.
2. Room - Bed etc was OK.
3. Wireless Internet was not available. Although staff has committed at the time of
reservation. I called to their centralized number - outsourced to some help desk who
wasted around 45 minutes. Staff gave me funny excuse and after lot of efforts, local IT
support of the hotel plugged in cable. Finally net was working after lot of trouble.
4. Room Service & In Room Food/Dining: FOOD was WORST. Literally worst. I ordered
NAN and I was given stale food, then i again called room service, though he replaced
but it was more or less the same..Next day I bought food from Moti-Mahal, opposite to
Courtyard in satellite area.

5. Breakfast: Again it was pain.

I did complain about the food at the reception, but nothing happened. Someone from Marriott called me and asked for the feedback...I told him all these things, but interestingly he did not do anything except promising me to take care in future.. He also tried to sell the hotel during my next visit which is due on first week of November 2010. :-) :-)...

Somehow I don't like to recommend this hotel at all.

Thanks

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I would rank this hotel amongst the best in Ahmedabad. Finally there is a hotel where everything is very new and contemporary. You have a very modern decor with full functionality. Inside the hotel you could be anywhere in the world, Singapore, Hong Kong, London or New York. It is very different from any other star hotels in the city. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The bathrooms are big and very attractive. If on a romantic trip, the glass wall on the bathroom is the biggest mood enhancer. Room service has a limited menu but the chefs deliver whatever you ask for. The food is served warm and on time. MoMo Cafe is where the buffet breakfast is laid out. The spread is very good and you have a huge variety of veg and non-veg, Indian and International as well as Local Dishes. Plan to spend atleast an hour enjoying a relaxed breakfast. The Indian restaurant Shakahari has good options for set meals. Outside the hotel the roads are dug up creating a big traffic jam and spoiling the approach. All in all my first choice for a stay in Ahmedabad.
Tip : Don't try using free upgrade vouchers or any other freebies or schemes. You would be totally disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I booked this hotel for all of my colleagues for our business purposes with weekend leisure. I have to appreciate the way of hospitality given by the hotel staff. It was never seen before.

I am a frequent traveller as my job is to train our company representatives in different cities around western India. Most of my time I have to stay in hotel. This is among the many hotels I stayed in Ahmedabad is the best one. The traditional food served in restaurant was the main attraction for me. Plus swimming pool which I really consider when I book my hotel. It was all fun.

Another good part is the location from where city is no so far you can go for shopping, which Ahmedabad is good place for, very easily.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Second stay here, first was great but this time the service shone through. I was taken ill (through no fault of the hotel) and the staff arrange doctors, picked up medicines, checked up on me, provided additional free water and fruit, and catered for my every need. The service was incredible, and I let the manager know, who then presented me with a shirt on departure!

Overall - excellent rooms, decent interenet, the food is amazing and clean (both buffet and veg restaurant) - when you see locals pack a dinery you know it's good.

The room felt damp when I arrived, but this was because of the very heavy rain before.

Awesome service, feels very homely and not too pretentious.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Before few months, i went to Courtyard which was just behind my home. One of the best thing was it has a large space for restaurant. Also the security was very tight so it is a good thing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2010

good 5 start hotel in the mid of the city. Best experience regarding the service of the hotel and its food

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We visit this hotel for dinner with friends.As it is 5 star ranked obviously we expected high..

We visit for the first time and it became the lifetime memory for all of us..we just can't forget the experience for lifetime we had with courtyard..We visited many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs.

It is the good and friendly service that makes it worthwhile visit this hotel.

This said, there is nothing wrong with the facilities. The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and it’s a relaxing and quiet place – one where you really don’t mind spending an afternoon or two with a good book.

And as many people have written before. Court yard by mariott is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends. Thank you very much for making our dinner so pleasant!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends