Here are my thoughts and observation about Courtyard, Ahmadabad. In fact, I shared the same in the feedback forum/online survey and I happened to have a chat with their senior executive. He promised me that he would incorporate the feedback.
I stayed in courtyard for 2 nights in one of the business trips. Here are my observations.
1. Reception/Front desk - Good. Quickly checked in as i did advanced booking.
2. Room - Bed etc was OK.
3. Wireless Internet was not available. Although staff has committed at the time of
reservation. I called to their centralized number - outsourced to some help desk who
wasted around 45 minutes. Staff gave me funny excuse and after lot of efforts, local IT
support of the hotel plugged in cable. Finally net was working after lot of trouble.
4. Room Service & In Room Food/Dining: FOOD was WORST. Literally worst. I ordered
NAN and I was given stale food, then i again called room service, though he replaced
but it was more or less the same..Next day I bought food from Moti-Mahal, opposite to
Courtyard in satellite area.
5. Breakfast: Again it was pain.
I did complain about the food at the reception, but nothing happened. Someone from Marriott called me and asked for the feedback...I told him all these things, but interestingly he did not do anything except promising me to take care in future.. He also tried to sell the hotel during my next visit which is due on first week of November 2010. :-) :-)...
Somehow I don't like to recommend this hotel at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad is ideally located in Gujarat's commercial capital with easy access to the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International airport as well as SG Highway, one of the city's fastest growing business districts. Our Ahmedabad, India luxury hotel is also close to all major business parks, Gujarat's largest shopping mall, world-class cinemas, the Gandhi Ashram and Shaking Minarets. We offer 164 spacious contemporary guest rooms including 6 Deluxe and 6 Executive suites, complete with in-room laptop size safes, LCD panels, iHome docking station, Wi-Fi Internet and workstations that support all your business needs. Facilities include an Executive Lounge, 24-hour fitness centre, swimming pool, O2 Spa and state-of-the-art meeting and banquet spaces. Dine at MoMo Cafe, the refreshing all-day dining multi-cuisine restaurant, Bayleaf- our authentic north west frontier restaurant offering a variety of delicious kebabs and rustic curries and MoMo 2 Go, our deli offering the perfect 'grab and go' options. Enjoy the most stellar collection of beverages at b&w (Beverages and Wines) our retail liquor store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Ahmedabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.