“Bad experience”

Ranked #12 of 3,681 Restaurants in Ahmedabad
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

my family and me had gone to vishala during the afternoon.
food is good, but the worst disappointment was we had expected 'gujarati thali' to be served, instead we had only an option of À la carte. It seems lunch is served only after dark.
what we had was 'lunch with mosquitoes'. In one hand i was holding a fan to drive them away, and eating with the other hand. For the price we paid for each dish, we atleast expect 'lunch free from mosquitoes'.
Truly a bad experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

you feel transported into the heart of a Gujarati village. As you walk through the open farm land and breathe the clean air from the trees around, you are greeted by men in turbans and dhotis. Yes, you have signed up for a rural experience on the periphery of the Ahmedabad city.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Vishala is a traditional cultural restaurant on the outskirts of Ahmedabad . This restaurant is for those with good appetite and love for traditional food . The ambience is that of a traditional village . Food is best enjoyed here sitting on the mud floor or cots . Enjoy traditional "Bajra Rotli " with white butter and "Baingan bhartha " ......

Reviewed June 21, 2013

You will enjoy this place a lot if you have a thing for the village themed restaurants. I honestly don't care about that gimmick much so the ambiance was kinda okay for me. I actually found it to be a bit dark and poorly lit for my liking. I know it is supposed to have that village feel hence the dim lighting but still.

But ambiance aside I really enjoyed eating here. There are fewer activities compared to Chokhi Dhani (There is only a puppet show, musician and magic show) but the food is superb! Truly it was one of the best Gujarati food I've ever eaten and I loved the way they serve on plates made of sewn up leaves! The food is a typical Gujarati Thali containing all the usual courses and even more but it tastes absolutely delicious and totally worth the money! You have to sit down on the floor and eat on tiny tables but I noticed on an another table that if you have some elderly guests with you or if you have trouble sitting down on the floor then they arrange a table for you.

The best thing about Vishala though is their service and hospitality! The staff is so polite and courteous and they serve you so well. They literally fuss over you and you feel really welcome. They won my heart by giving my 2 year old daughter a dumroo as a gift just as we were leaving. I will definitely come here again, perhaps in a winter afternoon next time. Go spend an evening at Vishala...

Reviewed June 18, 2013

They have a buffet in the noons and sit down thali for dinner. Personally I prefer the Agashiye experience. But Vishalla is worth a visit too.

If you come here, don't miss the Veechar (utensil museum) on site.