“Amazing hospitality”
Review of Platinum Inn Hotel

Platinum Inn Hotel
Ranked #36 of 162 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We as an organisation conducted a conference at Platinum Inn. We were amazed and super happy with firstly the grand and affordable conference hall with every logistics perfectly at place. Plus the hospitality of this hotel is amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Animesh D, Owner at Platinum Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hi Shruti,

Thank you for your review. Its a privilege to serve guests like you. I am glad your conference went smoothly. Do let me know if you have any suggestions in terms of our services. Looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Don't book unless you have pricing, inclusions and exclusions etc in writing and email. Don't go by the discount, you end up paying more in the end. They outright deny anything that would have been agreed on the phone. You can get much better service, food and transparency at the same price at say a Sarovar Portico. I would avoid the Platinum Inn.

The pricing is extremely deceptive and non-transparent. We had booked for one night. When we went to the hotel we found out that they have a "day tariff" which was 60% of rack rate. Since we were leaving at night the next day, we asked them if we could get the "day tarrif" for the next day. First they said it was only for corporates, when we said If we would get it, then we would extend the stay by one more day (since we were leaving at night the next day) else check-out the next morning. Hearing this they agreed. When I called the reception again later to confirm, another person was on the call, and said but breakfast would not be included. Now when you add breakfast + day tarrif = full tarrif. When I pointed that out, he said breakfast would be included. He asked us our check-out time and we told them our train time and when we would leave. They agreed. So we extended the stay. The next day when we were checking out, the bill included the full charges. The person at the reception said he didn't know who had agreed to day tarrif etc. We then asked him to call the person who was on the day shift, he refused to do so and insisted we pay the full amount. After some arguement, he called the person, who outright denied having agreed to this. We then asked for the manager who refused to listen to us and slammed the phone saying we have to pay the full amount because we were checking out late.

The food is strictly ordinary for the price. And all prices listed are without tax. So on all items they add luxary tax, service tax, vat and god know what else.

The hotel is on a main road and a temple next door, all times of the day, you have a lot of noise in the room from the temple prayers, traffic etc.

I would rather go with a good chain where you have professionalism, transparency and good service for almost the same price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sanket D
Animesh D, Owner at Platinum Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Mr. Sanket,

Season’s greetings from Platinum Hotels!

Allow me to start by apologizing to you for the inconvenience caused during your recent visit to Hotel Platinum Inn, Ahmedabad. From your review dated 10th December 2013, I gather that there has been a great level of miscommunication between the staff and you regarding the hotel policies, procedures, and presentation of taxes.

To be systematic in my response, I have divided your feedback into three different categories:
1. Day Tariff
2. Taxation
3. Food, Service & Location

1. Day Tariff:
After a thorough investigation into the issue including CCTV footage and bills signed by you, I understand that there was a slight misunderstanding regarding the policy surrounding ‘day tariff.’

‘Day Tariff’ is primarily meant for corporates booking rooms on a ‘single occupancy basis’. The reason for the launch of this tariff is because many corporates arrive in Ahmedabad in the early hours of the morning and usually leave for their home-town by night. Hence, to provide such corporates with a room primarily for wash and change, we introduced the ‘day tariff’. This allows corporates to avoid paying a full-tariff as long as they check-out by 6pm.
Details of this tariff can also be found online. For instance, we have this room on display on travelguru.com (Find details here http://bit.ly/JBJyCq). You will notice that it clearly states three major points:
a) Check-out time at 6pm
b) Strictly Single Occupancy Room
c) No Breakfast included

In your case, the room chosen by you was double occupancy, with a check-out time of 11:05 pm & inclusion of breakfast. Hence, it falls out of the category of a ‘day tariff’ room.
Henceforth, we will ensure that our staff is well-versed with the day-tariff scheme and thoroughly explains the same to our guests.

2. Taxation:
It is a general practice among hoteliers to have their menu & room prices listed without tax. By breaking up the hotel rate & government taxes in two separate boxes, it increases the transparency on the part of the Hotel. Taxes are always mentioned in footnotes in the same font & size as the menu prices. This allows the guests to be informed about the various Local, State & National taxes that are applicable on the different services. In the event you have any confusion on the taxation, we would be glad to help you with the same.

3. Food, Service & Location:
We apologize for the dissatisfaction with our food & service quality. I would be very eager to learn from you the exact nature of the issue so that we could share your feedback with the team in order to ensure that the same is not repeated in the future.
With regards to the location, our Hotel is centrally located in the city and disturbance from traffic is only during peak hours. The noise from the traffic is something generally unheard of and usually happens if the windows are left open.

Nonetheless, we double checked the room and observed no discrepancy with the same. As with regards to the temple besides the hotel, it is the Swaminarayan Temple and they have an aarti two times a day (in the morning & in the evening). For this purpose we have silent rooms where you will not be disturbed with noise. In your future visit, we would be glad to accommodate you with this facility.

Lastly & most importantly, if there is anything more I could help you with, please feel free to write to inn@platinumhotels.in and we would be glad to be of service.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had an amazing experience in this lovely hotel. After a long and tiring journey, the relaxed and welcoming environment of the hotel made me feel very much at home. The staff is very helpful and it has excellent food service. The restaurant is beautiful with very courteous and humble staff. Location is fantastic. Easy access to all the important places.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Animesh D, Owner at Platinum Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hi Farhaan,

Thank You for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the experience at Platinum Hotels. If you do have any suggestions in terms of our service, feel free to let me know. I will ensure that we work on the same. Do visit Platinum Hotels again. Looking forward to having you here.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We arranged a family gathering in this hotel and we were 25 guest. No common toilets.they opened one room toilet for all guest.Entry passing through guest rooms passage. You have to cross many room doors. Not design for party.not to use this hotel for party.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Rana

Let me start by apologizing for the inconvenience caused to you and your guests. We appreciate your honest feedback and I assure you that we will undertake measures to solve the problem at hand. Having said that, I'd like to inform you that there is a provision for washrooms at both our banquets. However, I would really be grateful if you could give us details about the date of your booking and the banquet type that you chose to host your event. I will ensure that adequate steps are taken so that our clients get the best services during their visit to Platinum Hotels. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to write to me on inn@platinumhotels.in

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Want to get a real feel of Gujarati family/household, then Platinum is where you have to be! My holiday trip to Gujarat just got better by staying at this lovely hotel. They had amazing dessert and of course the food was awesome. Very beautifully furnished rooms with a great view of the
city. Definitely coming back to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Animesh D, Owner at Platinum Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hi Samiksha,

Thank You so much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the experience thoroughly. It's great to know that you loved the food. Would like to inform you that we will soon be launching the Mexican cuisine at Platinum. Do visit again, hopefully this time to taste the new cuisine.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

On my Recent Trip To Ahmedabad , I happen to stay at Platinum Hotel , The whole experience was so pleasing that it prompted me to write this review. From Service to ambiance at the hotel was just perfect. On top of that was the quality of the food served . A business trip generally requires a peaceful environment to work and then a cosy place to relax. Platinum Inn just met with all my expectation. I would like to recommend this property for all genre of travelers as it is economical , luxurious in its own ways and easily accessible. A big Thumb up , I throughly enjoyed my stay ! Thanks again .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hi Saumil,

Thank You so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the Platinum experience. Do visit us again when we launch the Mexican menu. We look forward to hosting you soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel ambience and staff is very good. Very helpful and kind staff. They made our stay in Ahmedabad superb. Food quality and taste is also very very good. Also the location is perfect. Travelling to most malls, Sabarmati, kankaria and other tourist spots was easy from here.

Stayed: October 2013

Hi Pawan,

Thank You so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the Platinum experience. It's a privilege to serve guests like you.

We do look forward to hosting you at Platinum again. Do visit soon.