Shahibaug Hotel
Hotels.com
$54
$42
HIExpress.com
The House of MG(Ahmedabad)
$66
Hotel Volga(Ahmedabad)
$25
$21
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The look from the outside looks pretty charming, and that was the reason for me to go. It still has a bit of it, but sadly, the management seems to not bother about the cleanliness, maintenance and most of all, happiness of the customers. I had to have the sheets change twice to have clean ones for example. The bathrooms look old and not really maintained. When i was there, it seems I was the only customer. And sadly, the management is very slow, not really professional, and don't want to compromise when you ask for something a bit different from usual. I was on a business trip and needed to have someone working with me inside the room, for example, and that was totally impossible. We had to rent another place to sort out the problem. The stubbornness of the management was quite appalling.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Louseb1
Reviewed January 15, 2014

It is a nice budget hotel to stay. Well spacious rooms, quite and pollution free environment with mystic feeling. I have booked the hotek due to its mystic look and realy we enjoyed it. But the hotel is lack of good customer service and room management. During the stay in the hotel being as the first time traveller to Gujarat Ahmedabad, the hotel staff must pay due care to the customerss needs and requirement carefully and to extend full support in this regard. The hotel does not have provision for hot water in evening only morning available till 12 AM. TV sets and ACs in some rooms are old and hotel rooms in 1st fllor needs improvement.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank skkardel
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It's abit tricky to write a review when you actually haven't stayed there. During our stay in Jodhpur the owner of our hotel phoned the shahibaug and was assured there were rooms available when we arrive and we could choose from 3 categories. After an 11 hour bustrip we arrived at the hotel just after midnight and were told there was no room available. I was also told a reservation in my name has not been made, not true because I was present when the reservation over the phone was made and my name was spelled for them to write down. What a nightmare to arrive in ahmedabad around midnight really tired and then to learn there is no room. I just like to add that we usually write more about any positives than negatives. I found the nightstuff's ignorance appalling as they didn,t have the slightest interest of maybe suggesting where to find a place for the night. We finally found a room in cama hotel and that was quite an experience as well.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a back up hotel just in case.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank alexandenne
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Its a nice feel to be in shahibaug. The rooms are spacious, reasonably priced , with good service and friendly staff. It was the start of our trip and left a very good first impression of the state of gujarat. keep up the good work.The good part was when I was booking, they told me telephonically that rooms are easily available and they blocked my booking without any payment. On reaching the place they showed me all the rooms and asked me to choose.Had I booked earlier, I might not have been able to upgrade my stay looking at the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank drashishagarwal
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Large , clean comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Good area, near to where I needed to be, and pretty quiet - except that outside my bathroom on a neighbouring building was a huge generator which made an awful noise when it was working. To be fair, I didn't ask for another room.
There's a large courtyard area and even garden which are not in use at all, but the kitchen and dining room are banished to a dungeon-like space in the basement which is quite unappetising.
I didn't feel like eating breakfast alone in my room.
It's a magnificent old building in a good area, which could have a great atmosphere if it was given a bit more respect, and the garden and terrace space made use of.

Room Tip: Maybe a corner room away from the generator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo