Hotel Accolade
$49
$74
$55
Priceline
The House of MG(Ahmedabad)
$57
$49
Cama Hotel(Ahmedabad)
$26
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgujarat collegevalue for moneyellis bridgecomplimentary breakfastlaw gardenvegetarian foodthe hotel staffsuite roomsmiling staffsouth indianprompt servicebusiness triproom servicecomfortable stayan extra bedan excellent hotelbudget hotel
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were a group of 23 adults and 5 children who stayed in Accolade in Nov 2012 for 4 nights. We had found Accolade through research on Tripadvisor and other sites and it lives up to its's reputation.

The rooms are compact, clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, food is good. It is centrally located and you can hitch an auto/call a cab easily.

Our entire group had a pleasant stay as we recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed in Accolade for one night in November and were happy with the hotel. It offers good value for money and has all the main facilities you may require. Prices at the restaurant are reasonable and the service is good. The room was fairly small but adequate for the 2 of us. The bathroom had a good shower but there was no hot water in the evenings.
My main complaint is that they have no safe storage facilities - there are notices in the room which instruct you to leave all valuables in the safe at reception as they do not accept responsibility for losses. When we dropped our passport bag to them, they offered to keep it in their desk drawer (not securely locked). We stated that we wanted it to be in a safe, not an open drawer and their response was that the drawer is all they have and we should just hide them in our room. When I stated that the notice in the room stated to leave it at reception, their response was that 'this is India' and we have to write these things in the rooms. If they have written they have a safe at reception in the room, I expect there to be one.
The internet system was also quite frustrating as you need to use scratchcards to access the internet and it took a while for it to connect.
Overall, if the safety deposit box was resolved I would have rated this hotel at 5 stars and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel Accolade formed the first part of my trip around India and I am confident my experience here will take some beating. The manager, Mr Hasan, was first class and couldn't have been more helpful.
The other staff were all great too. The food was outstanding-better than some of the city's restaurants- and the hotel facilities clean. The bed was comfortable and all the other room's facilities were all perfectly acceptable too.
In short, I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Hotel staff was excellent in all standards. Food, Stay was good. Ambience can improve a bit.

I am all praise especially for the staff because of the following reasons:

1) I had travelled with my wife and we reached before check out time which is at 9:00 am. We reached at 6 am and requested the person in charge to provide us a room if any one checks out in some time. To my surprise, i was given a suite room for the time being as that was empty to get freshened up. I was amazed at the accomodative nature of the receptionist as well as the staff there. I was not even charged for the same (almost 2 hours)

2) I enjoyed the food even though it was pure vegetarian. The room service does not take more than 10 minutes for any order.

3) Feedback was taken very positively by the staff.

Next time i am at ahmedabad, i am gonna chose you again. You get what you see on the website and that too at such a nominal cost.

Enjoy..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were in Ahmedabad as tourists and as there aren't many touristy hotels, we opted to stay in this hotel which is much more business-like than what we were accustomed to. It was perfect. Very clean, very modern. The staff really had the service mentality, much more than we had seen in any other place that we had stayed. The price of the hotel was amazing for the quality.

The only drawback was their internet system. They have scratch cards from Tata that you buy in order to access the internet. It often took me more than 20 minutes just to set up the connection and only one device could be connected at once. This was limiting.

The hotel is across from Gujarat college which is exceptionally useful for navigation purposes. it was never difficult to get home no matter who our driver or how far we ventured.

The food was indian/western fusion and it was fantastic. We really enjoyed our meal there. prices were very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends