“Decent hotel”

The Metropole Hotel
Ranked #38 of 169 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Metropole is a decent hotel in Ahmedabad with comfortable rooms. The hotel has a fitness centre which is a definite plus for the health conscious. Food is good though there is a very limited choice for non-vegetarians. Basically only chicken dishes were available and there was only one non-vegetarian dish in the dinner buffet which, otherwise, was nice. The hotel is located at Subhash circle and one has good commutation options nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GENERAL M, General Manager at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Kaveesh,

Thank you for taking the time out to put up a review of The Metropole Hotel on Trip Advisor and highlighting the positives. We do have non vegetarian varieties including mutton and fish regularly on our buffets. Apart from the buffet, we do serve ample of vegetarian and non vegetarian a la carte options from the menu to our guests.

Thank you once again and please feel free to contact me for any future requirements.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Would recommend ..stay in metropole if you are coming to ahmedabad. Great srrvice.. very friendly staff. Food is also very nice. Easy acess to all parts of city ss the hotel is situated in the heart of city

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Jatindwivedi,

Thank you for the review put up by you on Trip Advisor. The same has been communicated personally to my team members. We also would like to thank you further for recommending our hotel and services offered with a commitment to provide the same in future.

Please feel free to contact me for any further requirements.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

METROPOLE is one of the best hotel in AHMEDABAD . They actually meet the INTERNARIONAL STANDARDS when it comes to hospitality. The services extended were really Good , SAFTEY AND SECURITY is Great and the interior is awesome. The Food is really Delicious, seems even the HYGIENE PART is also TAKEN CARE OF.. The WARM WELCOME AND COMFORTABLE STAY makes me rate METRO POLE as one of the best hotel in ahmedabad.. Wish the METROPOLE AND THE TEAM A VERY GOOD luck...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear preeti 24091987,

Thank you for the review put up by you on Trip Advisor. Your positive feedback surely motivates our team and the same would be personally communicated to them.
It is indeed a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay and liked our delicacies. We thank you once again for appreciating our hygiene standards and services offered which we are committed to provide in future all the time.
Please feel free to contact me for any further requirements

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had long touring in Gujarat with my business colleagues so i booked Metropole in an hot Online deal. We Booked it for 2 nights also we wanted an evening to relax and this hotel exceeded all of our expectations! Seriously, any complaints about this hotel are just nit-picking. Right from the staff, the room, the restaurant, the grounds - all of it was absolutely superb and made me happy modern room facilities and high quality cuisine was even better .

The only thing I'm upset about is that we were only able to stay for two nights! have already Booked it in my onward journey to Ahmedabad in April. Staunchly Recommended :::

• Stayed: December 2013
GENERAL M, General Manager at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Shekkkk,

Thank you for taking the time out to put up a review of The Metropole Hotel.
We are pleased that you had a good stay with us.
We also wish to thank you for recommending our hotel to other guests.

Please feel free to contact me for any future requirements. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

What a great hotel. Friendly staff who gave us a warm welcome and attended to our every need. Rooms were comfortable and wi-fi service was good.

Close to the airport and only 20 minutes from the exhibition centre

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GENERAL M, General Manager at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear MichaelP,

We take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and positive comments on Trip Advisor.Your comments regarding WiFi Service and proximity to the Airport
Your positive comments will surely be a morale booster to our team.

We look forward to your continued support.

Warm Regards,

Deepak Varunkar

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Not bad as for India. Pros: a very friendly staff at reception and in restorate, rooms quite nice and modern, cleanless is good, meals is tasty. Hi speed Wi-Fi. Cons: meals mostly vegeterian, buffet breakfast and dinner variety of meal is poor and only one meat dish. For our group of people were available only one choose of main course on lunch. The worst was the aircon in restorante blowing like a hell and I get sick.

Room Tip: Beware of airon in restorante, wear a jacket

Dear Vadym P

We take this opportunity to thank you for the review put up by you on Trip Advisor. We wish to thank you for the positives that you have highlighted in your review and will be communicated to concerned team members. This will further motivate our team to provide consistent high quality service.
We do apologize that you did not find a larger variety of items on the buffet, however, we do change our buffet items in the coffee shop daily so as to give the guest a varied choice. I would also like to highlight that items from the a la-carte menu were served to your group.
Regarding the air conditioner , the moment you did highlight that it was getting cold, the air conditioner was immediately set at the appropriate temperature , however, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Please do feel free to contact me for any future requirement

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed along with my foreign Guest for one night. Although previous week I was in Ahmadabad airport and collected the visiting card of reservation manager from their airport counter!

The experience was very poor.Lobby was good , Rooms are bad,Restaurant is open 24/7, that is very helpful in city like Ahmedabad. Services are o.k.

Even after back to my office I sent the emails on unhygienic condition of and room quality which was not good. Even after three weeks no response/call from any persons where copy of the email kept to GM!

Room Tip: Even hotel counter at Airport, still the quality was not optimal. My guest was unhappy with my arran...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank maheshrao9972
GENERAL M, General Manager at The Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear maheshrao9972,

We thank you for taking the time to put up a review of The Metropole Hotel. We do take this opportunity to thank you for the positive comments on the restaurant and lobby. You have put up a negative remark on the rooms saying the rooms were bad. Ours is a theme based hotel where all the 4 floors have different themes. We have received scores of positive remarks about our rooms, however, each guest is entitled to his or her own personal opinion and we respect your views on the same. Our rooms have been designed by top end designers from Mumbai and are among the larger rooms in the city of Ahmedabad. We have a full fledged housekeeping department headed by a qualified executive housekeeper and our standards of hygiene are very stringent, hence, it is surprising to read your comments about the hygienic condition of the rooms. We have a very strict cleaning system and all rooms are checked by supervisors and the Executive Housekeeper.

Regarding your mail being sent to me about any issues in the hotel, I wish to clarify that I did not receive any mail from you. If I had, I would have surely contacted you immediately. You have also stated that you collected the card from our airport counter, but I wish to reiterate that I did not receive any mail from you.

I wish to apologize about the inconvenience caused. I would request you to please contact me directly in future for any requirement and I assure you a most comfortable stay.

Thanks and regards,