“Excellent Gujarati style meal”
Review of The Green House

The Green House
Ranked #16 of 3,619 Restaurants in Ahmedabad
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Green House cafe is located under a covered pavilion on the ground floor of the building. It serves freshly cooked Indian snacks, fresh fruit juices and home-made ice-creams. The open kitchen in one corner of the courtyard, our food theatre, is where you will see cooks preparing your meal in front of your eyes.The Green House cafe extends into an arched air-conditioned room that was earlier the 'buggy room' of the mansion - horse drawn buggies were in use till the early forties.On the menu you will find a variety of Indian snacks ranging from chaat, batakavada, patra and panaki to small meals of delicious Indian breads and vegetables. Most items are available as takeaways. The restaurant is open from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

As a lover of Indian food, I was excited to visit a restaurant serving traditional Gujarati style Thani. I was not let down. The restaurant is in a beautiful old building and the rooftop setting is fantastic. The food was also excellent and it just kept coming and coming and coming. Haven't eaten at a lot of restaurants in India so can't really comment on the value for money but I can tell you that the bill was only 25% of the previous night's meal in Mumbai.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure if I like this restaurant or not....

I have been there twice and I had really different experiences.. The food is at its best - okay.. dont expect anything fantastic but visit atleast once for the charm of a heritage hotel..

We ordered the Daal Baati Churma (Rajasthani Staple Delicacy) ,Pav Bhaji (Gujrati Dish) and Malpua....

Daal Baati Churma is good... Pav Bhaji is not as good as the ones you get at Juhu Beach in Mumbai and the Malpua was at its best no more than a pancake dipped in sugar water....

The most funniest part was that the waiter was talking to me in Gujrati.... though I am an Indian , how could he understand that I wud speak his local language is beyond my imagination....

I kept on telling him to speak in English or Hindi, but i dont think he understood...

Service was pathetic at its best...

Just visit once if you like history or the feeling of eating in a more tham a century old house.. otherwise try some place else..

Reviewed September 23, 2013

food was ok nothing special and a bit expensive, and the belly was not so appreciative after. the restaurant of the roof is better value and more traditional (fixed thali menu)

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Try it if you're in the area! Try both restaurants as they are both very nice! Definitely worth exploring the hotel's roof top!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went there for dinner. Tried many different dishes. Most of them felt like extremely Bad value. In India, where we can go into any Simple restaurant and eat for as little as 50 rupees per person, paying 200 for a main dish creates very high expectations. But the food did not stand up. The lime mint coriander sharbat was room temperature even though I asked specifically if it comes cold. And it was a bit bland. The coconut ginger lemon was Cold and good. The patra was ok. The saffron panckaes were disappointing and VERY oily. The ice chilled sweet paan came without the ice. When we asked, we were told that ice will take 15 minutes. Had we been told that before ordering, we wouldn't have ordered them in the first place. We received strange looks when we probably returned them. And then Came the bill, in which they added an 'optional' 10 rupees as a donation to a children's charity. Im assuming they know that most of their clientelle will either be embaressed to be perceived as cheap or else not care about the 10 rupees, but I still don't like finding surprises on my bill, even if they are just a few cents' worth.