2,334 results
All reviews infinity pool paddy fields spice studio edge bar terrace room mini theatre martins corner vivo restaurant shuttle service to the beach beautiful hotel west wing spice restaurant kids club shuttle bus family terrace the main hotel main pool
Reviewed January 10, 2018

Amazing Amazing hotel! Please ignore the bad reviews and get yourself here. It was a pleasure and joy to stay here for two weeks on a AI basis. (We had pre-upgraded to a club room so will do a separate review for all things “club” but we spent the majority of our time in the main hotel anyway.)

Lobby
Very clean open-plan lobby, with lots of staff/security presence (exactly what you need when visiting a new country)

Pool
Fantastic infinity pool, with some great pool staff. Middle aged guy with glasses that won staff of year aware and started as a pot washer was just brilliant. Large pool, cleaned daily, with water beds overlooking the most beautiful water hole/paddy field/sunset!!!

Vivo (Main Buffet)
Breakfast, dinner and tea we never failed to have bad service or a bad meal in Vivo. Whether we are from the buffet and/or the A La Carte it was just perfect every time. Lots of variety on the buffet, I think I can say I never saw the same buffet meal twice in the whole two weeks. It is such a shame that hardly anyone is AI and this restaurant can be a ghost town some evenings. Clifford the Illusionist was great, and had some good magic skills. Standout meals was Chicken Tikka Chilli Fry wrap and Thai Red Curry from A La Carte menu.

Edge
Now, this little gem, made our holiday. Hansel (Amazing) and Bramley (Brilliant) could not be faulted ever. From day 1 we were greeting every day with a smile, not once forgetting our room number (as we were AI we didn’t have to sign like everyone else) engaging in conversation every day with us. Edge has some great cocktails (when Bramley and Hansel serve/make them) and there are a wonderful choice of snacks (portions are a little small but perfect for a light lunch) we had chicken skewers most days (the marinade was excellent and the chilli mayo even better) – Hansel and Bramley are superstars!

Spa
Great value for money and had a wonderful treatment there – both me and my partner said it was the best spa treatment we have ever had. If we return to this brilliant hotel we would have another treatment.

Spice Studio
Me and my Partner did the cooking masterclass where we learnt to make a Goan Chicken Curry and Chicken Biryani – it was a fantastic time, the chef was informative and we did most of the cooking ourselves and learnt the real Indian way (unlike our western masala) – best bit was eating the curry of course but was great value for money and could see all other food in Spice Studio being cooked fresh. Will review food/drinks in a separate review for Spice Studio.

Big shout-out to staff: Hansel/Bramley! :) :) :)

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel W
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed and flattering review. My team and I are glad to know that you were very happy with our product and services and that you had great stay with us. Thank you for complimenting the team for their good work, especially Hansel, Bramley and the pool boys, I will ensure that your praise is shared with them. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

I spent one night after 2 weeks in a bamboo hut on the beach in south Goa before flying home. It was a wonderful experience to revel in the relaxing luxury and peaceful ambience. I didn't want to leavr. The staff were friendly and exceptional helpful. Big thanks to the duty manger Rohit and the check in staff.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your great review. I am delighted to know that you were happy with our product and services and that your stay with us was memorable. Thank you for complimenting the team for their good work, especially Rohit and team, I will ensure that your praise is shared with them. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We didn't stay at this hotel but visited the in-laws who were staying here and this place totally rocks. Its Goa inside Goa, simply magnificent by day and totally stunning by night. There tons and tons and tons of place to go for a walk or simply park yourself at a bench right in the middle of the hotel and i saw one foreigner totally passed out on one of those. Really beautiful place, amazing for nature lovers, beautiful landscapes, outstanding pool, outstanding rooms - we visited the suite and went gaga over it. All i can say is WOW, WOW, WOW.

Love this place and wished i stayed there too but we ran out of time and had to go back to Mumbai unfortunately. Perhaps, the next time we're in Goa for sure. They had the most beautifully decorated tree for Christmas that i've ever seen. Extremely clean, i saw the maintenance teams doing a good job at the water facades. This place blends so well with nature. Beautiful property, keep up the great work Alila Diwa. Kudos !

Room Tip: Suites offer an excellent living experience
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your awesome review. My team and I are glad to know that you were happy with our product and services and that you enjoyed your short visit. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you to stay with us soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

This is a well-run, luxury hotel set amid former rice paddies but, fear not, a shuttle runs frequently to and from neighbouring beaches. The staff are attentive and friendly, the rooms spacious and the breakfasts delicious.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Tacklow

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. My team and I are glad to know that you were happy with our product and services and that your stay with us was memorable. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

My husband and I stayed over Christmas and New Year for two weeks. This is our third stay at this resort and we hope to return. I t is a haven of tranquility, yet because of it`s location there is easy access to everywhere.
The decorations were made from simple materials, but were extremely effective.
Everywhere is spotless, all of the staff are attentive and polite. Here I would especially say a special thankyou to Ramchandra.
My husband is bilnd and on all three of our visits he has been extremely attentive. I would also like to mention on of our room boys Muhammed, who did everything possible to make our stay special.
This place is just amazing.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank wiaow
SSavkur_GM, General Manager at Alila Diwa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Thank you for your review of our resort. Your positive comments are very much appreciated. It is wonderful to know that you were happy with our product and services. Thank you for complimenting the team for their good work, especially Ramchandra and Muhammed, I will ensure that your praise is shared with them. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

See you soon!