“A total haven! This place was our saviour!!”
Review of Sea Mist Resort

Sea Mist Resort
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Candolim
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A total haven! This place was our saviour!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We arrived after 9 days in India and we breathed a MASSIVE sigh of relief! Unbelievably clean (especially for India)! Crisp, clean white sheets, really clean bathroom, plasma screen TV and nice marble floors. It has a lovely little pool that's really clean, and the pool man is hilarious!

This place is basic, and doesn't have much of an 'Indian' feel, but believe me, after traveling around for a while, it was a VERY welcome break!

This place is a proper little find. Go for a break form the traveling scene and lie by the pool for a few days.

I really can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London
Reviewed September 30, 2010

On the back of the brilliant reviews of this place, i booked in to stay here in Sept 2010 at a cost of Rs 1,200 a night. I arrived in the evening. Decorations were on-going in the main block, as was the case in most of Candolim. The room was spacious, but very sparsely decorated with no feel or flair at all. Functional, by no means cosy. The floor was clean, i will give them that. The towels though stunk of damp - i mean really honked. I had showered but knew that if i used them to dry myself off i would be smelling like that for the rest of the night - yuk! There were 2 single beds side to side and i thought i would take the sheet of one to cover myself with so that i could lie on the other sheet. Well the under sheet underneath was dirty and i recoiled. I asked for two fresh sheets and a fresh towel. I was given them, but the towel was as bad as the others. When i complained i was met with complete indifference. When i checked out the following day and complained, again i was met with indifference.

Stupidly i ended up staying the night there. In the morning, on a recommendation i transferred to the Hotel Sol Ariea opposite the Fisherman's Cove restaurant. For the very same price i had a wonderful room, like in a proper 5 star hotel styled room, lovely clean smelling towels, gorgeous new bathroom, etc etc. The first place was not even worth 500Rs by comparison.

I know that i was there in the off season and everyone was redecorating, but still there is no excuse for such a rip off.

Be warned in September, very few places - shops and restaurants are open and the night markets are not open either (the only reason that i chose North Goa).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank AnjaP40
UK
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Very nicely decorated, clean room with soft comfortable beds (something of a rarity in India!) and fan. The bathrooms are also clean and have a hot water electric shower. The hotel is set in pleasant gardens and also has a nice swimming pool with plenty of sun loungers. The room rate includes breakfast. However; this only comprises of a pot of coffee/tea and toast (eggs are extra). The staff are friendly and keep the hotel looking clean and tidy. The hotel is situated on the main about a 5 minnte walk from the beach.

The only things missing were a TV in the room and an egg or two being included in the breakfast. With those this place would be worth 5 stars rather than 4!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Leeds, UK
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This is the second time that I have stayed at Casa Sea shell which is a lovely hotel with air-conditioned, clean and above basic rooms. The best thing about them is that they are set amongst beautifully kept gardens and are very peaceful, a haven from the madness and busy streets of Candolim. The hotel pool is also really nice and a great place to chill out after a day at the beach. Food is also really good at this hotel and the staff are attentive and happy to help. Would definitely recommend staying here, you can just email ahead and make a reservation. A taxi from Dabolim airport should cost about 600 rupees and takes around 40 mins

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank BananagirlLeeds_UK
Hyderabad
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We had to go for a business trip and we cud think of no other place as beautiful as Casa Sea Shell. The people here are friendly and really my colleagues and myself were floored by their hospitality.
Its really one of the best!!
We have a business tour in the month of April and will sure look forward to go once again and stay!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank shankardada99
Hyderabad
Reviewed March 8, 2010

OK...I need to share a bit about myself before I begin the review. I am an avid traveller who's always keen to ensure that every aspect of my wife's and my vacations together goes off perfectly - the food, the itinerary, the stay... As a result, I like to plan my holidays well in advance.

So, when a few days ago I decided to surprise my wife with an impromptu 4-day vacation in Goa (planned exactly 36 hours prior to our plane taking-off from Hyderabad!), I was very concerned about the fact that I hadn't had a lot of time to plan the trip.

I went by a colleague's recommendation (who, in turn, had been recommended the place by his cousin!) and booked Casa Sea Shell. Needless to add, I was really sceptical of this Chinese Whispers-style recommendation, with the possibility of the truth getting distorted somewhere along the way.

What a pleasant surprise it was then, to check into a spacious, clean room with a lovely well-maintained garden just outside the door, and the swimming pool a few yards away. And all this, at real value for money! What was also amazing was that the hotel was situated bang on Candolim Main Road (in North Goa), and yet was extremely peaceful - without the honking of horns, the screeching of tyres or the general din of tourists. The staff was always on hand to help, yet never intruded by themselves into our lives in the hotel. All in all, we had a great time in Goa, much of it because of the completely relaxed experience we had at Casa Sea Shell.

I would strongly recommend Casa Sea Shell to anyone visiting Goa and intending to stay in a clean, well-maintained property that is terrific value for money. Two thumbs-up!

• Liked — Well-maintained property with spacious, hygienic rooms and helpful staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank TheWantonWanderer
Lapland
Reviewed January 16, 2010

We stayed for the second time at Casa Seashell arriving on the 27th December for two weeks. We last stayed in March 2009. This time we took the more expensive rooms (£5 extra per night) but these have air conditioning and a TV which was good once back in the room in the evening to catch up on world news and this is where we heard about the snow. There is a pool which is great to dip into first thing or when you come back off the beach. Complimentary towels are always to hand. Casa staff are really nice and room was cleaned regularly with fresh towels. Complementary tea and toast starts the day and you can add to this with cereal or bacon and eggs. Then we were off down to the beach where you can paraglide, water ski or just chill out. We ate at different restaurants each evening or down at the shack where we had fresh lobster and prawns. Yes some of us had the deli belly but there are chemists nearby. My brother has gone to Goa for many years and I was very weary because of upset stomachs and the thought of flies, mosquitoes and humid weather. However it is not like that at all and I would highly recommend as really cheap to stay and eat out. You can buy replica designer handbags, jewellery and scarfs very cheaply . With the euro so high now this will become more and more popular.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family