“We love Santana”

Santana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We've stayed in the Santana Beach Resort several times sice 2007 and just love it. The resort ist beautiful, the rooms simple but very very clean. The personnel, from the owner and manager to the gardener, everybody is just outstanding, friendly, competent always helpful. Loved a bigger choice for breakfast in 2013. Great choice for Lunch and Dinner, in the Resort but also at the nearby Calamari Beach Shak.
We will be back for sure

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just back from 2 weeks at the Santana. Great position, excellent staff, especially the restaurant and room boys, and best of all lovely relaxing gardens where the palm trees provide natural shade from the beating sun. There are 2 pools, one lovely and quiet (smallish but fine) and a more traditional pool with music, swim-up bar and sunbeds around it. We stayed mostly around the quiet pool, but in truth both are lovely. The only criticism we can come up with is that the water in the pools needed cleaning. I went to Reception about the small pool, and fair doos, within a day they were scrubbing it and it was crystal clear afterwards. Been to Candolim 6 times in different hotels and this is by far the best (Sonesta runs it close). Would definately recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: We had room 517 which was close to the swim-up bar, but nice and quiet. Kitchen was great for tea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RichinLeics
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arrived at the Santana Beach Resort today and are loving each and every moment since we came. Its location, service and the totally relaxed ambience is just what we were looking for in North Goa. Though we have been to Goa a few times earlier but the congestion around the more popular beaches of North Goa always made us choose South Goa as our point of stay....but after coming to Santana we couldnt have been happier that we chose this property, (totally basis the reviews posted on Tripadvisor). Its bang on the Candolim beach... the rooms are spacious, clean...the pools are not too big but good enough for some fun time ....we are yet to sample the breakfast so looking forward to it. On the whole...a very very good value for money stay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the big pool are extremely spacious and seem to be new.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richa D
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed at Santana several times in the past and it's one of my favorite places to stay in N. Goa. One of the main factors is that it is on the beach and has it's own shack (Calamari) which is elevated on Candolim beach (Dando part) which makes Santana a great stay for a beach holiday. The rooms are nice and big - have an attached kitchenette (with fridge, kettle etc.) and some (the ones facing the pool on one side and the road on the other) even have this extra room - v. useful for families with kids.

The staff are great! TStayed at Santana in Mar 2013 for a weekend trip. We were three adults and had told them about requiring an extra bed in the standard room we had booked. We were pleasantly surprised to get a room an extra bedroom (both rooms were a/c) which was fantastic.

The staff are great! The service during the breakfast is good - the breakfast itself is fairly basic (cereal, eggs to order, cold cuts etc.) - but great value given the low room rates.

The only small negative thing on this trip was their inability to give us a late check-out - they kept insisting that the were fully booked and we had to check out at 11am (even though we weren't sure how many people would check in on a Sun). But am giving them the benefit of doubt.he service during the breakfast is good - the breakfast itself is fairly basic (cereal, eggs to order, cold cuts etc.) - but great value given the low room rates.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First of all, this is not a place for you if you're looking for atleast 3 star experience. The USP of this resort is its location & value it offers. Trust me for the place this is located one could easily charge 200% of what they charge but the way this resort rooms are priced, it offers you a great value. The room are equipped with slightly old furniture (fridge, TV, tables, etc). By old i mean atleast a good 10 years old. Even the toilets are simple but clean. You will not miss anything but at the same you won't feel that you're in a resort built for 2012 guests. The breakfast buffet is included in the price and it’s simply awesome. Couple of things i didn't like, first & foremost is the arraignment for car parking, it’s hard to take your vehicle out early in the morning (early by goans standard, i mean 10 am), secondly the swimming pool, it’s so small & located oddly in a place that’s always crowded. I don't think anybody used that.

Other than these small things, I think this is one of the best places to choose if you're looking to stay in north Goa close to calangute.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1st floor, no room is overlooking beach as far as i know. Should be OK if your prefer any...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the first time i have ever given my opinion on a holiday,other than to my wife.Just returned from Santana Beach Resort,and I have to say it could not be faulted,oh yes I am sure it could have been if I had been looking hard enough.It seems to me other people who complain in the main are people who complain if there is a letter Y in the day of a week(if you catch my drift). Santana was very clean,rooms very good for the money,bed linen changed more regularly than any other hotel I have stayed in Goa,and I have been to Goa for almost 10years.The pools are not huge,but enough,for the size of Santana what do you expect? The shack was a little more expensive than others,maybe because Santana is a little isolated,anyway you don't have to eat there. Staff were great.I had a problem with my Wi-fi but others seemed to have no problem.As I have said Santana is a little more isolated than we are used to,but there are still plenty of places to eat if you don't want to walk to far.I must recommend Tuscany Gardens for superb food,particularly if you like Italian food,it is about a 10 minute walk towards Sinquerim on the main road.I could go on but enough is enough,give it a try you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steveydage60
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Santana on our first visit to Goa 4 years ago. At that time we thought it was good but had nothing to compare it to. For the last 2 years we have gone to another hotel and this year we returned to Santana. We had a great time and would now not consider going anywhere else in Candolim. The rooms are pretty basic but big and clean. The only downside for us is that we found the bed a bit hard, but we soon got used to it. As many reviewers have said, the staff are great - they're so helpful and efficient at their jobs. The Santana is also in a great location - at the quieter end of Candolim and right next to the beach. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Candolim.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room the first time and a first floor room this time. In future I would go fo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple