“Nice Place to Unwind”

Santana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Santana is a nice charming resort right on the beach. The rooms are clean with the added kicker of some trully awesome "towel art" each day :) Food is alright ...nothing special although there are a couple of really good joints close by.

Stayed during the off-peak season in Goa during the monsoons. It's an excellent value for money at these times of the year. It's probably best to stay away from the madness in Baga and instead stay here. Baga is a short 15 min ride away should one feel the need to go there.

Overall, enjoyed the stay and will recommend it to others as well!

Room Tip: The sea-facing rooms are probably not worth the extra premium. There is a bar down , so if you want...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dimitrix7
There are newer reviews for Santana Beach Resort

Reviewed September 13, 2011

My choice for Santana, was perhaps, as a result of the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor. If I have to put it in one word, the place was excellent to stay. We were a little disappointed at first, to see the deserted state of Candolim beach, that lies just at a stone throw distance from the premises. But I could attribute that more to the season that we chose to visit Goa, than the place actually. And in my view, the beach could be a perfect place for a private party if you are with a group of friends. The close proximity to other beaches and Goa hubs doesn't really make you feel out of place, instead you can enjoy a few moments of peaceful solacity to your advantage.

Coming onto the hotel.... A homelike experience. Excellent Service... It's not just the service, but the personal treatment that you get at the place which makes you feel like you couldn't have asked for more.

I've seen a lot of places that try to charm the customers with frills like free welcome drink etc. (this one does that too), but as they say that there's a difference between customer satisfaction and customer delight, this place takes a step ahead and does that!

Room Tip: Pool facing suite
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I am here as a second part of my Goa trip of 6 days, the first three days was a conference at a 5 star property. Though it was not my first Goa trip, it was definately my first Goa holiday and my first stay away from a 5 star. But the service at Santana Beach Resort was nothing short of a 5 star. The rooms are good, with fecilities which won't let you down, very well maintained. Food is great, I availed a MAP package, the variety and quality was amazing, thanks to Uttam the chief. Very helpful service staff, Krish, Mishra, Ali, all courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank IndranilChakraborty
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Santana was recommened to me by a close friend of mine and then I searched this place on Trip advisor and finally booked this place after reading the reviews. I found this place so good that I will definitely book this place for mynext visit. The staff is very helpfull and cooperative, especially Alyster, who helped me plan my short trips around Goa everyday and also help me book for Bike and Car during my stay. One thing that I liked the most is the food in the Restaurant. During my 5 day visit I tried a lot of places for eating, only to realize that food seved in Santana was most relishing.
Santana Beach Rsort is simply value for money and you can not ask for anything else for this price.

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite on 1st floor and you'll surely enjoy it. I stayed in Room Num 612 and the experi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeepakPandit
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Amazing Resort, amazing service, right on the beach, out off the crowd relaxing stay, very helping staff, beach restaurant is mind blowing (calamar).

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms ....
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

When you read so many good reviews about a certain place, you are forced to believe that something might be fishy, the same applied to us when we decided to choose Santana Beach Resort as our second honeymoon destination. We stepped in with the assumption ke kuch to catch hai, but we were wrong. This place is truly wonderful, right from the entrance to the sprawling greenery to the Bar which you see before you proceed towards your room. The rooms - the first impression was WOW!!!!! .spacious, well ventilated and well furnished, couldn't have asked for more. Then another Sunken Bar in the swimming pool, come on man that's what you always wanted, right?. The guys at this bar are really well mannered and greet you with a charming smile. We stayed here for four days and the complimentary breakfast - Wouldn't want to exaggerate but yes it met our expectations well,each day had a different item, i mean that's what you want as breakfast. Santana's proximity from the beach was absolutely mind blowing.. a calm serene beach...we just loved it and fulfilled our dream of walking hand in hand on a clean beach with pristine waters.

A special mention for a few staffers who really made it worth each moment.

Manesh - At the reception ( Cool,decent, well mannered and always helpful guy- I mean that's all you want in the name of customer service. He left no stone unturned to ensure that we are comfortable, really cool job buddy.)

Alyster - At the reception ( Though our interaction was less with him, he ensured that we go back with a friendly impression of the resort and do come back again n again)

Nethra - At the Bar - ( Funny lil guy made us feel at home while serving drinks, kept us company with things we should know about Goa and ensured that we don't miss on special things.

Catherine - Housekeeping Head ( I believe) Sorry Catherine, my wife didn't mean to be rude to you, we were actually in a hurry. You guys are doing a great job ;)

All in all it was great taking this decision and m happy I made the right choice with Santana Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are really worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Debanjali S
Reviewed August 25, 2011

All said and done, I personally believe that service can change things totally. An average place can feel like heaven if the service is good.

I dont want to waste much time for this property. The service is lame. The guy who comes to serve food in the room did not have a smile on his face, was rude infact. I still said "thank you so much", and he did not care. Pissing off.

water went off in the morning, they kept saying 5 mins only for 2 hours, I had to borrow the hose pipe from the gardener. This happened in reality.

Breakfast is super sad and low quality, they better not provide free breakfast.

So if you dont care about the service and dont get affected, the place is great for its prices, location and rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Bluekumar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Seashell Beach Suites
Fortune Acron Regina
Fortune Acron Regina
#4 of 66 in Candolim
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Been to Santana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!