Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa
$172
$100
$85
  • Breakfast included
Santana Beach Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
$44
$108
$112
$109
Orbitz.com
De Alturas Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
$294
$281
2,133 results
All reviewsrepublic of noodlescitrus cafeheritage roomchef vinayaktill noonpan asian restaurantheritage blockbeach resortswimming poolswim up barnice poolhousekeeping staffmin walkdosaspecial mentionin room diningbuffet breakfast
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed in this resort as part of get together with friends. The hotel is located on the main road in condolim area which is very happening area of Goa but not very crowded. The service meets the standard of Lemon tree. check in was very smooth. The rooms are very neat and clean, but not huge.the hotel has traditional feel inside. The best part is service of the resort, awesome staff. The beach is nice and is 5 minutes walking from the resort. Taxi is just a call away. Breakfast spread is ok, but the place where they serve breakfast is really cramped, and was full during the peak hours. Hotel need to look into it. Overall a good stay and will recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for swimming pool facing room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Goa happens to be my fav holiday destination so I wanted to go to goa on my honeymoon.
Lemon tree was a little expensive (I know Christmas is peak season, but still prices were a little over the top) but I took it since I was on honeymoon and user reviews suggested its good.. and I was not disappointed. Here is my point wise feedback for this place:

• Balcony is a joke.... but first floor rooms do provide you with good privacy
• Pool is only 4 feet... may be good for kids.. Not very good for people who want to take a good swim.
• Taxi gang outside the hotel want to rip you every time you step out.... they pounce on you as soon as you are out of the gate. They don't understand avoidance.
• Beach is not 100 Meters as the hotel claims.. it’s about 250-400 Meters.. And the approach road is not pleasant or clean.
• I went in the peak season time, but still the prices were a little over the top.
• One of the finest hotel staff i have ever seen... always smiling, they even suggest you do's and don’ts, clubs to visit, casinos to go. and that too when they were packed to capacity during Christmas holidays.
• i messed up room everyday (sometimes even twice) but it was smack clean whenever i returned.
• The Portuguese decor is eye catching, but gives a hotel feeling rather than a resort.. But no complaints.
• The omelette chef deserves a mention, so does the chief chef.
• Airport transfers are overpriced @ 2000. i got a cab (not from the thugs outside the hotel) @ 900. Less than half of what hotel charges for my return drop to airport.
• My wife liked the villa bali spa the hotel offered.
• Breakfast menu should be broader, however we were given the choice of what we wanted- that too with a smile. Very good F&B staff.
• Housekeeping was lighting quick.
• A few good stores (Newtons and Delfinos) just 50 steps away from the hotel.
• Worth mentioning would be a flower buoquet and cake as a welcome gift - since we were on honeymoon !!!

Overall it was an important trip for me and the hotel staff made sure I had no problems at all…
I will be returning to them again for my next goa vacation.

Room Tip: if you want peace, look for rooms on the first floor (mine was 204.. ideal for honeymoon !!) if you are travelling with family, ground floor near the pool is nice..
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SourabhSharma
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. We are happy to know you cherish your special moments spent with us and found our hotel fresh and clean.

We also appreciate your noticing our hotel décor, spa services, friendly staff and food.We continuously upgrade and refresh our menus and buffet offerings at our restaurants and your observations regarding buffet variety will only help us improve.

Re cab hire charges, we have set our car hire prices after doing a benchmarking exercise with similar hotels and have ensured we keep the prices competitive, in line with our business philosophy of offering unbeatable value-for-money. As an industry norm, the cost of a hired car is more than that of a radio cab or a local taxi. This is on account of the quality of the cars, training of drivers and a nominal administrative cost.

We look forward to your future visits. Please email your travel plans to me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Andersen Noronha
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We visited Goa over the New Year period, which can be extremely expensive. However, the Lemon Tree is fantastic value for money considering the service and the cleanliness of the hotel.

The staff will do anything to please and breakfast is fabulous, with a good range of continental, Indian and American. The Republic of Noodles restaurant is also outstanding with a good range of Asian food.

The swimming pool was my favourite part as it is a great size (maybe 25m), sparkling clean and chlorine free. The hotel is not far from the beach which isn't the best part of the coastline, however you can walk and easily find quieter parts of the beach if required.

If you are looking for a good value, central hotel, then I would definitely recommend this place. Ignore the online photos as they do not do the place justice!

Room Tip: Try staying in the original heritage building which looked stunning.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eskimo81
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went to the Hotel to surprise a family member for her birthday. The staff very willingly acquiesced in the whole scheme and the surprise was complete. On request they arranged a lovely private meal for the birthday person with hand crafted menus and great cuisine. The rooms were excellent, service fast and courteous. The swimming and beach was also very nice. Memorable experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank greatmatt

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We are a family of four (two adults and two kids) visited Goa during the year end (22nd to 27th Dec) stayed at this hotel. The best part is that this hotel is bang on the main road, though it takes an effort to really locate the entrance as you tend to miss out. The beach is just five minutes walk from the rear side of the hotel. It feels that you are in a secluded area once you enter the hotel, good restaurant, great pool with shades where required. Great front office staff, stewards & house keeping staff. Rooms could be a bit more spacious at that price we paid but cannot complain due to the season. over all a relaxing five night stay. Only grouse was the check in time which is at a ridiculous 3:00 pm. Go for heritage rooms if you have money to spend, otherwise the superior rooms are good.

Room Tip: Choose heritage rooms if you have money to spend, otherwise the deluxe rooms with the sit out, do not go for room number 225 which has a pillar right in the middle of room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family