“excellent location, good service”

Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Candolim
Chennai, India
“excellent location, good service”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed in this resort as part of get together with friends. The hotel is located on the main road in condolim area which is very happening area of Goa but not very crowded. The service meets the standard of Lemon tree. check in was very smooth. The rooms are very neat and clean, but not huge.the hotel has traditional feel inside. The best part is service of the resort, awesome staff. The beach is nice and is 5 minutes walking from the resort. Taxi is just a call away. Breakfast spread is ok, but the place where they serve breakfast is really cramped, and was full during the peak hours. Hotel need to look into it. Overall a good stay and will recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for swimming pool facing room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Goa happens to be my fav holiday destination so I wanted to go to goa on my honeymoon.
Lemon tree was a little expensive (I know Christmas is peak season, but still prices were a little over the top) but I took it since I was on honeymoon and user reviews suggested its good.. and I was not disappointed. Here is my point wise feedback for this place:

• Balcony is a joke.... but first floor rooms do provide you with good privacy
• Pool is only 4 feet... may be good for kids.. Not very good for people who want to take a good swim.
• Taxi gang outside the hotel want to rip you every time you step out.... they pounce on you as soon as you are out of the gate. They don't understand avoidance.
• Beach is not 100 Meters as the hotel claims.. it’s about 250-400 Meters.. And the approach road is not pleasant or clean.
• I went in the peak season time, but still the prices were a little over the top.
• One of the finest hotel staff i have ever seen... always smiling, they even suggest you do's and don’ts, clubs to visit, casinos to go. and that too when they were packed to capacity during Christmas holidays.
• i messed up room everyday (sometimes even twice) but it was smack clean whenever i returned.
• The Portuguese decor is eye catching, but gives a hotel feeling rather than a resort.. But no complaints.
• The omelette chef deserves a mention, so does the chief chef.
• Airport transfers are overpriced @ 2000. i got a cab (not from the thugs outside the hotel) @ 900. Less than half of what hotel charges for my return drop to airport.
• My wife liked the villa bali spa the hotel offered.
• Breakfast menu should be broader, however we were given the choice of what we wanted- that too with a smile. Very good F&B staff.
• Housekeeping was lighting quick.
• A few good stores (Newtons and Delfinos) just 50 steps away from the hotel.
• Worth mentioning would be a flower buoquet and cake as a welcome gift - since we were on honeymoon !!!

Overall it was an important trip for me and the hotel staff made sure I had no problems at all…
I will be returning to them again for my next goa vacation.

Room Tip: if you want peace, look for rooms on the first floor (mine was 204.. ideal for honeymoon !!) if you...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SourabhSharma
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa. We are happy to know you cherish your special moments spent with us and found our hotel fresh and clean.

We also appreciate your noticing our hotel décor, spa services, friendly staff and food.We continuously upgrade and refresh our menus and buffet offerings at our restaurants and your observations regarding buffet variety will only help us improve.

Re cab hire charges, we have set our car hire prices after doing a benchmarking exercise with similar hotels and have ensured we keep the prices competitive, in line with our business philosophy of offering unbeatable value-for-money. As an industry norm, the cost of a hired car is more than that of a radio cab or a local taxi. This is on account of the quality of the cars, training of drivers and a nominal administrative cost.

We look forward to your future visits. Please email your travel plans to me at gm.abr@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Andersen Noronha
Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa
London
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We visited Goa over the New Year period, which can be extremely expensive. However, the Lemon Tree is fantastic value for money considering the service and the cleanliness of the hotel.

The staff will do anything to please and breakfast is fabulous, with a good range of continental, Indian and American. The Republic of Noodles restaurant is also outstanding with a good range of Asian food.

The swimming pool was my favourite part as it is a great size (maybe 25m), sparkling clean and chlorine free. The hotel is not far from the beach which isn't the best part of the coastline, however you can walk and easily find quieter parts of the beach if required.

If you are looking for a good value, central hotel, then I would definitely recommend this place. Ignore the online photos as they do not do the place justice!

Room Tip: Try staying in the original heritage building which looked stunning.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eskimo81
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa, responded to this review, July 24, 2014

Missouri City, Missouri
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went to the Hotel to surprise a family member for her birthday. The staff very willingly acquiesced in the whole scheme and the surprise was complete. On request they arranged a lovely private meal for the birthday person with hand crafted menus and great cuisine. The rooms were excellent, service fast and courteous. The swimming and beach was also very nice. Memorable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank greatmatt

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We are a family of four (two adults and two kids) visited Goa during the year end (22nd to 27th Dec) stayed at this hotel. The best part is that this hotel is bang on the main road, though it takes an effort to really locate the entrance as you tend to miss out. The beach is just five minutes walk from the rear side of the hotel. It feels that you are in a secluded area once you enter the hotel, good restaurant, great pool with shades where required. Great front office staff, stewards & house keeping staff. Rooms could be a bit more spacious at that price we paid but cannot complain due to the season. over all a relaxing five night stay. Only grouse was the check in time which is at a ridiculous 3:00 pm. Go for heritage rooms if you have money to spend, otherwise the superior rooms are good.

Room Tip: Choose heritage rooms if you have money to spend, otherwise the deluxe rooms with the sit out, do no...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ramachandra1970

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the two weeks over the New Year. The hotel is on the main strip through Candolim. The way the hotel is designed, once you walk in it is a very secluded hotel. You are on the beach side of the main road, and you have access to the beach from the rear of the hotel.
The staff are very friendly, from the cleaners to the security guards.
We didn't eat in the hotel at night, but there are many many restuarants to choose from in Candolim. We did take a few drinks in the bar, beware that they add tax to the drink price, which they don't in the restuarants and bars.
The breakfast is very varied, and good quality.
The pool area is very relaxing, comfortable beds, and shaded areas where required.
Wi-Fi is free for an hour a day, 80 rupee for every 1/2hr after that.
The rooms were very nice, clean, and the bed was amazingly comfortable, queen size!
One thing that we did notice, we were in room 215 and at times the cooking from the kitchens wafted up, and did come through the bathroom extractor, but that was the only negative.
Definitely one of the best hotels in the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mattzzzz76

Pune, India
Reviewed January 13, 2014

i was hear for 2nights really enjoyed my stay hear. The Standard rooms r a bit on smaller side but the hotel staff & hospitality is excellent. we where 4couples and we all really had a very good time here. the pool is excellent with clean water . The hotel is very centrally located with all options of food(veg) , shopping and most important beach R within walk-able distance .Surely one of the best of Goa as im a frequent visitor here. highly recommended & if ur budget allows pls go for suites or the villas. Keep it up Lemon Tree Goa :)

Room Tip: go for villas or suites, 223,224 also recommended
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
#14 of 64 in Candolim
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa

Been to Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa? Share your experiences!