we feel we research well when travelling and this choice did not disappoint ( good old TA )
we spent a week here, we were picked up by the hotels driver at the airport, he was very friendly polite and full of great information which was very helpful. so much easier to have the hotels driver not expensive,the journey is about 50 minutes on very busy roads.
check in was efficient but not friendly, we were shown to the room and the luggage followed.
the rooms were very spacious and had everything you would need but did lack any draws, very nice bathroom.
the hotel layout is great as all the rooms are away from the road and we slept very well here, lovely thick blackout curtains too.
the staff in both restaurants were really lovely and nothing to much trouble but we did talk to them and say thank you and they did enjoy looking after you ( felt some guest were very rude to the staff which was so unkind)
the room attendants were also very good and went out of there way to make sure you had everything you needed.
the pool area is nice but 90% of the sun beds were in the shade so we never stayed by the pool as the ones in sun were always taken. it does get hot so this is why,but i like it very hot.
the hotel has a gate at the back where you can take a short walk to the lovely huge sandy beach, i would like to add there is nothing wrong with this access, its a dusty track past a few market stalls.
the hotel is very well located for the shops, restaurants, money exchange, beach and much more but away from all the noise ( well the street side is noisy ) if you not been to india before its hard to describe just how noisy it is,but trust me this hotel is set in a little haven of tranquility.
we both used the gym, one of us uses the jogging machine and the other the free weights, but these items are in two different rooms, shame but not then end of the world.
one thing i would recommend to take is a small torch as the pavements around the area are awful,even if you are young !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort offers 65 beautiful rooms and suites. All ground floor rooms provide access to a compact private garden. The six heritage rooms and suite, housed in a century old Portuguese mansion, have been restored to their original glory and appointed with all modern amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa Hotel Candolim
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Hotel
- Lemon Tree Goa
- Hotel Lemon Tree Amarante Beach
- Lemon Tree Hotel Goa
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa Candolim