“excellent service”
Review of Alex Beach Shack

Alex Beach Shack
Ranked #6 of 369 Restaurants in Candolim
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed for monsoon from June 1, 2018 to october 1, 2018... open during tourist season when the monsoon has stopped
Reviewed May 11, 2019

They brought you the drinks to the sunbeds and were very accommodating. They also provided towels and the ladies provided leg massages.

1  Thank 422Billie

Reviewed April 23, 2019

We came here just once during our two week stay. We had visited the shack before when we were on holiday in Candolim two years aga and enjoyed out time at the shack. Unfortunately this time it wasn't quite a good. The beds were fine and so was the food, as good as the other shacks. The service just wasn't as good. We were looked after initially and then the staff just seemed to be lounging around on their phones. That's fine but there are plenty of other shacks which we went to where we were looked after better.

I have to say as well that the toilets also let the shack down. They were not cleaned and had paper all over the floor all day from an overflowing waste bin, not nice at all.

We didn't complain at the time, as I thought what's the point, we just didn't go there again, which is a shame as we really enjoyed the shack the last time we were there. Hopefully it will be better next year.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Great shack good food and Santos is a legend looks after you all day just like you have a personal Butler. He’s a credit to your shack, look after him.

1  Thank arl1970
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Decided to visit the shack due to good reviews. The shack is similar to any other. Food just ok. My husband had the chicken Hakka noodles which was really nice. I had the chicken tikka wrap in nan but was a bit dry.
We’ve been to many other shacks where the staff have been attentive asking if we want drinks throughout the day that was not the case at this shack even though they weren’t many tourists there. The staff seemed more interested to lay on the beds asleep & playing on their phones.
Also the toilet area was full off rubbish & not very nice.
I can’t understand how this shack is high rated as many other shacks that give a better service.

Date of visit: April 2019
aferns, Owner at Alex Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Oh my goodness.... why are you so negative in your reviews. Have you actually come on a holiday or are you on some reviewing job. You have written in your review that you have been to better shacks but haven't even put up a good review of even one place. Also my boys dont laze around.. they know better than to do that. Also you should inform the staff if you found the toilets dirty. Its basic courtesy. And as to why my shack is highly rated... well... it's because they come to enjoy their holidays instead of even cribbing about crumbs on tables... lol. But I sincerely do hope that you have at least one good experience when in Goa so that you can write atleast one good review. Cheers!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

I am unable to express enough how much i love this shack. From the first day we were made to feel welcome, the lads were amazing, couldn't do enough for you and Alex was a true gent. The little touches made you feel so welcome and remembering our names from the offset was a massive hit with us.
The team are so hard-working but one thing is for sure they never show it, they all have a constant smile on their faces and made you laugh at every opportunity.
Alex's is the perfect place to watch the sunset and I will certainly by back next year to sit in my little sun trap on the edge of the patio to watch it. (With my chicken Hakka Noodles).
The people who go their daily make you feel so welcome and we made friends for life, we were one big family.
Thank you for making our Honeymoon so amazing. See you next year! ❤