“Great shack”
Review of Alex Beach Shack

Alex Beach Shack
Ranked #5 of 369 Restaurants in Candolim
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Closed for monsoon from June 1, 2018 to october 1, 2018... open during tourist season when the monsoon has stopped
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Great shack good food and Santos is a legend looks after you all day just like you have a personal Butler. He’s a credit to your shack, look after him.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank arl1970

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Decided to visit the shack due to good reviews. The shack is similar to any other. Food just ok. My husband had the chicken Hakka noodles which was really nice. I had the chicken tikka wrap in nan but was a bit dry.
We’ve been to many other shacks where the staff have been attentive asking if we want drinks throughout the day that was not the case at this shack even though they weren’t many tourists there. The staff seemed more interested to lay on the beds asleep & playing on their phones.
Also the toilet area was full off rubbish & not very nice.
I can’t understand how this shack is high rated as many other shacks that give a better service.

Date of visit: April 2019
aferns, Owner at Alex Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Oh my goodness.... why are you so negative in your reviews. Have you actually come on a holiday or are you on some reviewing job. You have written in your review that you have been to better shacks but haven't even put up a good review of even one place. Also my boys dont laze around.. they know better than to do that. Also you should inform the staff if you found the toilets dirty. Its basic courtesy. And as to why my shack is highly rated... well... it's because they come to enjoy their holidays instead of even cribbing about crumbs on tables... lol. But I sincerely do hope that you have at least one good experience when in Goa so that you can write atleast one good review. Cheers!

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

I am unable to express enough how much i love this shack. From the first day we were made to feel welcome, the lads were amazing, couldn't do enough for you and Alex was a true gent. The little touches made you feel so welcome and remembering our names from the offset was a massive hit with us.
The team are so hard-working but one thing is for sure they never show it, they all have a constant smile on their faces and made you laugh at every opportunity.
Alex's is the perfect place to watch the sunset and I will certainly by back next year to sit in my little sun trap on the edge of the patio to watch it. (With my chicken Hakka Noodles).
The people who go their daily make you feel so welcome and we made friends for life, we were one big family.
Thank you for making our Honeymoon so amazing. See you next year! ❤

2  Thank leanneg1610
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

It just keeps getting better and better every time we go to the alex.s shack the lads are fantastic and do everything you ask them to do food and drinks are fantastic to

Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

We went to this shack after reading reviews on trip advisor. I read bad reviews too but thought we will give it a go. As soon as we went there the guys were not interested in us as we were Indian couple from london but of course they didn't know that. So we ask for beds and guy said right at the back one's are free we didn't mind as we wanted to spend whole eve there. We have to call a guy about three times for a menu then we were waiting waiting waiting to place an order for drinks. We even shout guys couple of times that we are ready for order. No one turned up. So we just got up and went to different shack. Spent 4000 rupees on our dinner but got the good service at least. My post is for the owner if you are reading this then please don't take it offensively but you have to work hard on your boys or you are only interested in certain type of customers. Sorry but you guys give us very sour experience of india that us Indians are not welcome in your shack wether we were British in Indian skin. Lol Good luck anyways.

5  Thank harshdeepm2016
aferns, Owner at Alex Beach Shack, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Harshdeepm2016
Firstly I would like to ask you if you are sure that you visited my shack or not.... I find it hard to believe that you weren't looked after. However I take every complaint seriously and will immediately look into the matter. You see... every rupee counts for me irrespective of the skin it comes from. It is rather unfortunate that you felt unwelcome at my shack. Thank you for your review as I'm sure no one would like to be treated in the manner you have been. I hope that you will visit my shack to change your opinion.Cheers!