“Trip at its Best.”
Review of Valentines Retreat

Valentines Retreat
Ranked #51 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am extremely happy with your service and I will be referring you to my colleagues, associates and my friends. response time and availability has been very good... helped me have a peaceful vacation without strangling at the last minute for accommodation.

Thank you so much, We really enjoyed our trip. Thanks for making our trip a memorable one.

The arrangements were very good. The airport pick-up, drop, hotel transfers and city tour were excellently planned and managed very professionally. The total tour was within the budget and at phenomenally low prices.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amitb2021
There are newer reviews for Valentines Retreat

Reviewed March 20, 2013

hey guys i am here to share my wonderfull experience in this resort it was very nice trip to goa with my friends i have stayed in valetines retreat i can say that this is a very gud resort with an exellent service the service of this resort is well maintained nd even the guys for the service are very gud they are very helping nd also there is a very gud restaurant they have indian as well as the continental food which is very delicious nd higene the management also helps their guest to make their holiday very memorable nd i have found this place very excellent for the holidays love goa i will surely love to come to goa again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank vinay893
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was very happy to stay with my family in this hotel. I had booked this hotel as it was near the beach and in my cost.We were warmly welcomed and got the room in time. The room was neatly prepared.first day after check inn i wanted one vehicle on hire for all 6 days which i had to ask on the reception. Here i was guided very well with the safety points by the staff name Mr. Pundalik and he suggested me one person car. After talking to him i felt that i must open my laptop and search near by places to make my family enjoy. I was surprised to see the preview of the same hotel where i was staying. i was surprised to read all the bad previews of the same hotel. After reading all the previews i was very much aware of it. On my safer side i used to care more about my family as my young daughter of age 21 and my son age 19 was also with us.
I read one of the preview that the hotel people have kept cameras in the rooms and in bathroom to take all dirty movies, so i checked each & every thing in the bathroom and bed room but there were no such cameras. yes in the lobby area were there but i think its safety for the clients..
i did stayed there for 6 nights with my family but i saw nothing like its written in the preview about this hotel. Yes i do agree that the hotel staff is less but we got what we wanted. the pool was also clean as we observed all this days.
There was a problem of lights cut off many times in a day but they have the battery back up invetor which made our stay comfortable.
I had been with my friend in this same hotel 2 years ago and this time with my family, i found lots of good changes in this hotel. I think one must not expect more from such hotels which are in very good cost.
i dont know why people have written so bad about this hotel but i did not find any wrong thing taking place nor i found any cheaters. At the time of check out i asked the manager why people write so bad about your hotel and he said that sir client needs 5 star hotel facility in our budget hotel so how can we manage. THATS THE POINT I GOT THAT PEOPLE MUST NEVER EXPECT MORE THEN THEY PAY FOR.
I am sorry if some one feels bad after reading my preview about this hotel but i have written the truth what i felt about my stay.
I really enjoyed with my family. We felt safe very safe. We never found any cameras in the room and in bathroom.
my vote goes to the staff of this hotel to atleast try to give more good service then what they are paid for.
WE WERE HAPPY WITH THIS HOTEL STAY.
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE STAFF FROM MY SIDE.
REGARDS
MAHERNOSH.N.DEVGADHWALA
CELL NO- +919824134200 / +919099926201
SURAT- GUJARAT

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mahernosh8672
Reviewed March 14, 2013

They have Two buildings one for Indian and other for Europeans. They have installed cameras in and they keep on watching these Europeans ( Changing or in thier rooms )it is really disgusting what they do. No Goan is there but this hotel is taken over by Bihari's. Secondly nothing is close by not even a Grocery shop to buy anything the closest is approx 3 km, For Breakfast they give three slices of bread and one Omelette. The Bar is closed and even the restaurant is closed, we had to starve for food. we were going to stay there for three days but stayed there for only two days.
Over all bad where the food and security is cecern it is not at all SAFE.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was average service provided by hotel
rooms are clean but very short
only one item selection in breakfast
location are very good and hotel staff are very helpful
only walking distance to go candolim beach

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Ajay K
Reviewed February 22, 2013

charged us more than what was on hostelworld.com coz of busy season saying the site bungled up. luckily they told us before we reached but it messed our budget nevertheless & we had already paid advance on the site. had no time tp book another so stayed here. but won't again as i got severe dust allergy. also, we had intimated well in advance that we would reach at 9pm, yet the room was not ready when we reached 2 hrs later at 11pm due to delay in flight. On top of it they couldn't find our booking inspite of giving them hotel voucher, they had to check with someone on phone and then sent housekeeping to get a room ready.
they were also confused about the total final amount to be paid, and again delayed us checking and cross checking on phone. stay only if you have absolutely no choice.

Room Tip: just don't go there or check out the bigger apts
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went to Goa for the first time in 2012 in mid may. I had to actually organize the trip for my whole my batch of 32 in college and had no real link to any body in Goa! By doing a lot of research on various travelling site i found this Resort on trip adviser .. i went through the reviews and then checked out their website!...
I called up and made reservations with Mr. Paundalik.. the manager! He was really helping and guiding all through payments and made sure our stay was the best!!!
The staff at the hotel was really courteous and we had no problems of any sort!!! It was our last class trip and the first one for many in the group to Goa including myself.. now we all wish to go again .. the pool was fun and we enjoyed a lot .. with just barely 10 minutes from the beach we were ever excited... also it has many eating options around the corner!!!
For a family outing or just friends or solo or couple !!! i would suggest it to all !!!!
The rooms and facilities are very well maintained and the stay was awwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeesssssoooooooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeee!!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are nice.. u can ask to see the room before booking.. not an issue... they help!! :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends