“Well Done Sam”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Liverpool England
“Well Done Sam”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Well what a fabulous restaurant. Sam and a few of his staff including Shankar and Surendar opened this haven only this season and it is an amazing place to eat and socialise.Therestaurant were full every night and had to be booked at least 2 days in advance.The fish was fresh all the time and the steaks were the best ever. Nice move Sam and boys Well Done
Jen and Norm

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Always Best To Book!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We ate at Sam's Grills and Curries on three occasions during our holiday. We would have been happy to eat there more often if there were not other places we enjoy eating at so much.

The food is most excellent The service is very friendly and attentive. There is a specials board to choose from as well as the standard menu. When you choose something on the specials board it comes with a glass of wine. We do not usually like wine in Goa but this was very drinkable!

I cannot fault the place on service, food or value. They win right across the board. My own personal feeling is that they cater mostly to a British clientelle. Of course there is nothing wrong with that at all but when I am in Goa I want the experience of being on Goa, I want people from other countries and cultures to be sitting on tables in the same restaurant as me. I want to experience real Goan cuisine. The food and menu at Sam's is tailored to the British palate and he does it well. For that reason when I went there I found myself being tempted by wonderful dishes like surf and turf rather than something more local like Tandoori Pomfert. That is just my personal take on it and I know there are plenty of people who do not like Goan food or spend many months in Goa and so like something a little plainer but while I will certainly go back I would refrain from eating there too often as I feel I would miss out on the local culture.
We also found that the place gets very busy and unless you book (sometimes a couple of days in advance) you are unlikely to get a table

• Visited February 2014
london
“Great food”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Went twice and the food was fantastic both times. We both had the king prawns to start with and Steak the second time and it was lovely and I am not a great meat eater. However one issue - we booked on oth occassions and first time we arrived our table was readdy and waiting, the second time arrived and no table available. We then sat having a drink from 8.45 to 9.15 waiting for a table and nearly left to go elsewhere. Further, our neighbours at the SilverSands had a table for 4 booked for 9.00 and they were seated before us. We actually did not get our main courses until 10.30 which when you have booked for 8.45 is not good and we could not eat all the lovely food - my favourite doggie on the beach - Ginge - obliged - especially when he realised it was prime steakie wakie!

So this is one area they need to sort out.

• Visited January 2014
Skegness
“Excellent Meal x 2”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is the new restaurant for Samir who used to run Rising Waves. Menu is the same as Rising Waves and the meals have all been very good. You need to book in advance to get a table. Free glass of wine with a meal of specials board. Tried the red and Rose both acceptable. Will be returning.

Visited February 2014
Durham Bird
“Quieter than most and my favourite”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Although this restaurant overlooks a car park it still manages to be one of the best in Candolim. There is no traffic roaring past and no tooting of horns. The food is absolutely superb, good quality and well presented. Run by the lovely Sam (formerly of Rising Waves).Good choice of menu including a "specials" board. Try the fillet steak - delicious! Also special are the various fish dishes . Everything is well presented by very efficient staff. Try to book as most tables are reserved earlier especially in February (yes it's that good!). The house wine is not too expensive and very palatable.

Visited February 2014