Stay at HB for the 4th time from 18 Dec to 2 Jan. This hotel complex is huge and a little impersonal as a result but fine if you just want a base and lots of room if you are a couple lucky enough to get one of the double rooms. Before coming out I had bombarded them with emails asking to stay in the new block (behind Newtons) and much to our delight that is where we stayed. All good I thought. The apartment was the same layout as the ones we have been
lucky enough to have stayed in before, 2 x ensuite double bedrooms, kitchenette and living room with 3, yes 3 balconies. Brilliant. The location is excellent. The new block now has its own reception and safety deposit box room. Its behind Newtons so you can use the other entrance to avoid the sellers at the main entrance of the hotel. Its quiet at night so no probs sleeping despite being fairly near to the main road. Breakfast is served at this Block now so not the hassle of queuing along with the other guests. Breakfast is fine usual toast and jam and eggs however you want them. Tea/Coffee etc. Totally adequate. Cant comment on the restaurants as we never ate in them.
It turns out this was a private apartment - fair enough but the management at HB are being paid to maintain the rooms for rent I guess. The cleanliness of the apartment left a lot to be desired. The bathrooms were particularly clean and the large sofa was disgusting with stains of goodness knows what. We'd arrived at around 2am in the morning so just went to bed. Hubby wasn't as bothered as I was so we decided to leave things and see whether they improved. They didn't and when we didn't get clean towels on the 3rd day I went to complain at the main reception. Having experience of complaining at this hotel before for the same reasons I was a little more assertive and told them if we did have clean towels in our room that evening and if it wasn't clean, I would go to the main breakfast area when it was packed and make a massive scene about the state of the room. Must have worked cos within 30 minutes we had a guy at the room want to inspect it. When we came back from the beach the room was spotless, the sofa had been changed and the towels were even displayed in lovely shapes on the bed (never had this before in all 4 years of going there). From that point on everything was fabulous.
The staff at this block who look after the reception, particularly Jodie were very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast staff were great.
Although this hotel is huge and doesn't have the charm of the guest houses the rooms are huge and lots of space to put your clothes and the location is brilliant. Will definitely use again and recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highland Beach Resort is an all suite property situated at Candolim, Goa. A 3 star property, it is spread over a vast 8 acres and offers multiple swimming pools and all other modern amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Highland Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highland Beach Hotel Candolim
- Highland Beach Candolim
- Highland Beach Resort Goa/Candolim