Summerville Beach Resort
Country Inn
$85
$75
$68
Santana Beach Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
$53
$94
$113
$109
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 25, 2010

Just home from a 2 week stay with my mate big Steve. Great time was had by the two of us and although it would be easy to knock the place its not for the want of trying by the staff. Alan and his smiling posse do all that they can to be cheery, attentive ( not tentative as someone else has reported), helpful, trustworthy, dedicated and all this topped off with a daily artistic surprise on the bed. I'm not going to give the surprises away. No chance. Just go with it and enjoy the imaginative creativity. Also if you want to discuss all things cricket then Alan is the man. I'm sure he's seen day one of the Ashes at the Gabba.
For those with a slight hint of negativity about this place what do you expect for the money. For me a bed, a fan, a clean toilet, a shower, a reasonable pool for a swim, tea and toast in the morning can't be knocked. All this for about £6 a night for a twin sounds like a bargain. When you then throw in the convenience of Alma's restaurant right over the road which is basically a fantastic open air curry house, come boozer, come football theatre what more could you ask for. Even the fantastic beach can be reached in 3 or 4 minutes.
Cheap and cheerful it is. I would return without hesitation. A hotel for honeymooners or those looking for boutique / spa hotel luxury it is not. Bear this in mind folks.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank gripper1110
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Summerville Beach Resort is the most welcoming and friendly hotel abroad I have ever stayed in. Yes, it is basic, and yes, the toast in the mornings is very hard and very cold, but the staff of the hotel more than make up for any quirky negatives (i grew to love the toast over my 3 stays here!). I visited this hotelthree times, with friends, my fiance (we got engaged out there) and my family. My little brother absolutely loved the pool, though he did need lots of inflatables as it is ridiculously deep! The rooms were always cleaned to a high standard and the staff were more than happy to help with anything. All in all, a great hotel if you are on a budget for family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CambodianMic
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Due to the Volcanic Ash - we were stuck here for 26 days. As mentioned I have been here a nimber of times previously and it is great value for money. I'm not sure what some of the reviewers are expecting for the money it costs, but they provide good clean rooms with appropriate ammenities and very friendly staff. We left after the end of our initial holiday and then on getting stuck due to the volcano, we returned and the friendliness shown to us was very settling ata difficult time. They even gave us a discount on ouor extra night as they knew we were struggling as we were stuck. Alan and the room boys provide a marvellous service and deserve their tip at the end of the holiday, and the bar man Bappi is a great guy too, as is his brother Tapas. This is India, and this is budget accomodation, but it is clean, well located and service with a smile. I would reccommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mahindra_Nick
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This hotel was absolutely awesome ! We all had such a great holiday here. The staff were very kind and couldn't do enough for us (especially Alan, Franky and Bappy), the location was ideal (close to restaurants, taxis and beach) and it was not too noisy (ideal for families), furthermore the value for money was exceptional - I'm not sure what some of your reviewers of this hotel really expected for 13 GBP per night but I found the rooms to be clean, well air-conditioned, complimentary tea and toast in the mornings, cheap restaurant on site, no glitches with the TV or shower - okay its not the Ritz but please remember this is India ! I would go back to this hotel tomorrow if I could.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ken_Charlery
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We travelled and stayed at the summerville in feb 2010. we booked direct with the hotel and had previously read all the other reports, we were therfor sort of prepaired for the worst and had already requested a suite room in the new block ( I use the word new Block very loosly) friends of ours who were staying at the hotel with us had booked a package and were put in the main block( NOT VERY NICE) cheap but not cheerfull.The hotel is situated off the main candolim rd, up a dirt rd which is a little dark in the evening.
The rooms boys, lead by Alan were tentative and helpfull ( and on the last day they turn up at your room asking for money, Not only for the room boys but also for Alan the supervisor). We have travelled to Goa for the last 10 years and have to say that in all that time this has to be one of the most tired looking hotel we have stayed in. I have to say though that having read all the reports on the hotel, we would always judge them ourseves and would only ever use other peoples views as a guide. therfor please feel free to judge for yourself. But I would suggest that if you do stay, them at least pay the difference and book into the suite rooms which are larger than the main block rooms and are equipt with TV, Fride and aircon. Not withstanding our gripes a holiday is what you make it, and we all had a brill time and will be back in Goa next year. Though I have to say not at the Summerville.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends