Stayed towards the end of the season 4th – 18th April 2009. Overall a great holiday. Staff could not have been more helpful. They would try to accommodate most requests. Food was excellent, both in choice and quality. If our son (age 12) wanted Korma curry and chips (his favourite), no problem. We all had fantastic steaks on the last night at no extra charge. Hotel is fairly central to shops, restaurants and beach. You have to run the gauntlet of sellers to get to the beach, but they are pleasantly persuasive. Once at the beach, we frequented Ganesh’s shack mainly. He couldn’t do enough for us.
Hotel was clean and we got a room we had specified (overlooking pool). It was one in the older block, but was more than adequate. We did look at the upgraded rooms, but they were smaller than ours and had exactly the same amenities, albeit a bit newer.
Found the safety deposit box system where all the boxes are in a locked room by reception a pain. Much better if they were in own room. Because of this, we had a wedding ring stolen which we had inadvertently left out – the one bad experience of the holiday. Possibly stolen by the relief room boy, but no proof.
Weren’t as many children in the resort as we expected for the UK Easter holidays, but may be different at other times of the year. Children’s entertainment could have been better and the hotel was missing its table tennis table. Evening entertainment was OK, but if I saw another fire eater, I was tempted to extinguish the flame somewhere where the sun didn’t shine! Absolutely no problem with mosquitoes whilst we were there, possibly something to do with the meths fumes from the fire eaters!!
Pool was OK. It was “hoovered” daily and rechlorined every night but did wonder if the water was the cause of repeated tummy upsets.
Bar service was very good but diet soft drinks not included in the all inclusive package. Tip: Hollow ice cubes soon melts in your drinks, so always order a glass of ice to keep it topped up. Or drink quicker!!
Sorry if some of this report actually sounds quite negative for the high grade we’ve given it; it’s not meant to be. It was a really nice place and a great holiday overall – we would recommend it to anyone asking.
Would we return? – yes, but probably when son has flown the nest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whispering Palms’ unique feature is its location. It is just a minute’s walk or 175 meters from the well-known Sinquerim Beach situated in a very peaceful and serene surrounding. This often-described “Island onto itself” all-inclusive resort comprises of 106 well-appointed, air-conditioned accommodation units with en suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Whispering Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Palms Beach Hotel Candolim
- Whispering Palms Beach Candolim
- Whispering Palms Goa
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort Candolim
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort Goa/Candolim