“Not bad but not that memorable either”

Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed for two weeks in february. This hotel was sort of a last minute choice for us but we weren´t disappointed, it´s just that we weren´t overly impressed either. The area looked a little worn everywhere, the noise from other rooms can be quite bad if you are unlucky to get a noisy neighbour and the area is absolutely teeming with crows! The constant screeching by those feathered goons started to get on my nerves a bit after a few days, although not of course the hotels fault. The walk to the beach was short and convenient, and you are going to do that often since the pool area is very small and all the sunbeds are usually taken in the early hours of the morning (in our case, some english couples even confessed that they had to set alarm to wake them up at 6AM to get sunbeds at all) But then again, we might have just been unlucky to share the hotel with very hardcore sun worshippers who didnt move anywhere from the pool area during the day. There are quite many shops near the hotel so you can easliy get some refreshments etc so you dont have to use the minibar. We liked the hotel buffet, it was quite varied with different types of food for different days. There´s also some evening shows almost daily, but they were of the usual... kind of low-key run of the mill sort that most hotels have. That´s ok, didn´t expect Cirque du Soleil anyway. The room was okay, quite clean, but a little worn here and there as well... just, you know, average. The staff was helpful, although sometimes there was clearly some trainees on the desk because they didnt know any answers and had to call for colleagues help. Still, no major issues, everything got sorted our eventually. So, to summarize: average hotel, not a bad choice, but most likely will not be going there again either because there was nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aman A, Owner at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at our resort and also for taking the time out to review the hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your positive comments on our hotel, location, food and especially for our staff. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests and I am glad to hear you appreciate our staff.

Guests like you are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to Goa and it would be an honour to serve you again at The Whispering Palms Beach Resort.

Aman Agarwal,
Director

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Its really very very nice place to enjoy holidays... with such comfort & excellent staff.I belong to Rajasthan & I being pure vegetarian,was really very surprised to enjoy Veg food during my 03 day stay in the resort.. Very caring staff & beautiful atmosphere.I really thank the GM of the hotel to have such a wonderful staff .Hats off to you all. WILL REALLY RECOMMEND GUESTS TO VISIT THIS HOTEL

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort !

We thank you for your appreciative comments on our hotel, location, staff, and food. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests and I appreciate that you will recommend our hotel.

Guests like you are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Goa.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I selected this resort based on rating in trip advisor. I was quiet double minded how the comfortness would be kind a thought. Fortunately, right from airport pick up it was meeting to my expectations. People going from south should not have much expectations on WELCOME DRINK because we dint like the taste of that drink.(to be frank I dunnno what it was).
We were occupied in 363 which was balcony room. I had a thought of terrace room would be nice than the balcony one but after seeing there i felt BALCONY ROOM was nice and I chose BALCONY ROOM.
As soon as u check in, keep ur luggages and go for a walk and take a HONDA ACTIVA for rental for the number of days u stay there. You can have this guy for taking vehicle for rental. I felt it was nominal. Mr.Abhai - 09823186986. For 4 days i paid 750 as rental. And need not worry abt petrol. because all the major local shops store petrol in one litre bottles which is at Rs.80 per litre. But if u go to the bunks directly then u will get petrol for rates for Rs.58/litre.
Chk websites and choose the places in goa which u want to see before you start your travel to goa. So that it will be very easy to plan your travel accordingly. Baga, Anjuna & Sinquerim Beaches were really too gud to enjoy. And coming to shopping nothing much special that attracted to me. whereeva you go do not forget to bargain. If a shop guy tells 350 for one item then the real buying price will be just 175 or 160. Overall i liked the stay in GOA at this resort.

Disadvantages:
You will not get newspapers to ur room
and when i went it was rainy season so my room was have some bad odour when it is closed for long time. I had to call for room spray every time when i returned from outside.

Nothing else everything was comfortable and it was good to enjoy.

Room Tip: I stayed in 363 which is Balcony room. I felt Balcony rooms are better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jprathee09
JacobJohnGoa, General Manager at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort!

Thank you for reviewing the hotel on TripAdvisor.

We thank you for your positive comments on our hotel. We take great pleasure and pride in serving our guests. We are sorry that you experienced bad odour and did not get newspapers in your room. Thank you for the feedback. I have looked into the Housekeeping system and made sure that this will not happen again.

Guests like you are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Goa.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I loved this hotel there was 2 staff to every guest so you felt very pampered I only went bed and breakfast but it did give us the opportunity to eat out and this was good to experience the local food we went trips every day we didn't use the tour operator we hired a local taxi every day we asked for the same bloke to come back for us every day he would take us to beaches out of the way take us to the local attractions and stay around all day waiting on us for £20 per day well worth doing your touring this way as he was local he could negotiate entry on a deal for us to the attractions he even took us to a local market and explained how best to negotiate when buying things. I left most of my holiday cloths there to bring back sari s and hand made bed spreads enjoy

Room Tip: No tip needed we were shown a couple of rooms and was asked to choose the one we liked
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

i visited Goa for the first time in my life after my marriage on June 2013 and I luckily stayed at Whispering Palm Beach Resort, which was booked by Shradhyanjali Tours, Kolkata. The resort is located in a good place near the beach and the courtesy in the resort is remarkable. I spend three nights four days there and experienced an absolutely calm and peace lodging free from all outside disturbances and fine fooding with varieties of delicious recipes in breakfast, lunch and dinner. The most appreciating thing is the sense of responsibility of all the staffs of the resort. There arrangements for sight seeing is superb, pick-up and drop facilities are really very cozy and familiar. I'll love to visit Whispering Palm Beach Resort again whenever I'll visit Goa again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are really quiet and private.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ad_imukherjee
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this resort for a week... its very near to the beach... just 5 min walk... the food here is awesome.... very delicious n with varieties..... rooms are very clean... service is very good.. just outside the resort you can have 2 wheeler on rent... good facilities.... overall it is excellent... must stay...

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Shikha2012
JacobJohnGoa, Vice President of Operations at Whispering Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Ms. Shikha,,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort Goa!!

Thank you for the positive comments on our staff, the food , the service and on the cleanliness of the resort.

Guests like you are a huge motivation and inspiration for my team. I am glad to read such wonderful comments about various aspects of our resort and I am sure that other travelers will find your review helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to Goa and to The Whispering Palms Beach Resort, on your next visit to Goa.

Warm Regards

Vice President of Operations

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights 4 days in the resort in April 2013. The hotel is no on the beach... but very close to it. You can easily walk down to the beach even in your swimming costumes.. The locations is very good.. it in candolim and you can just walk down to main road for shops and restaurants..

The rooms and the cleanliness in the hotel is good. Morning breakfast is a treat to have..

There is a 2 wheeler rental shop just across the hotel... The staff is helpful.. Although wifi is complimentory, it was not working when we went there..

Overall it was a very good experience..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from Whispering Palms Beach Resort Goa!!

Thank you for the positive comments on our staff, the breakfast , the beach and on the cleanliness of the hotel. This being close to the beach is an ideal location for guests who manage to take a break with all facilities just around the corner.

Warm Regards