2,132 results
All reviewsjacob johnevening entertainmentbalcony roomall inclusive packageswimming poolcurrygreat holidaytaxi standthomas cooknon vegindian foodvisit goahotel staffnorth goapleasant stayhouse keepingspecial thanks
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in this resort on my first trip to Goa. The resort is well located and not far from popular beaches. The rooms are beautiful and clean. We took an all inclusive meals package and the food was very good. Additionally there are nice restaurants near the hotel at walking distance. The pool was really nice and large. The resort has a gym and recreation center, the gym is not good and needs renovation. Apart from that there were no negatives about this resort and we had a memorable stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was a bit concerned about some of the reviews regarding The Whispering Palms renovation, e.g. restaurant where the pool used to be, etc. My husband and I have been to this hotel for the last 3 years and we are booked up to go again for 5 weeks in Jan/Feb. We are avid travellers and have been for years. We have never been back to the same hotel ever, but this hotel "grabs" you. It is warm and friendly and the staff can't do enough for you. We sat down on the terrace the first lunchtime we were there last year and the waiter brought our drinks without us ordering. He had remembered from the year before! I have contacted the general manager, Mr Jacob John, and he has reassured me that there will be no loss of facilities whatsoever, only an increase. The renovations are due to be finished towards the end of this month. We saw the the plans when we were there last and we were very impressed with them. We have seen plenty of other hotels in the area and we will only ever go back to this one.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank VerdiP
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at this place on a work trip for 4 days and this was my first ever trip to Goa. The first thing I noticed about it was that the entire staff was really helpful and polite. Especially front office staff Mr Gaavas and Neetali. Very, very courteous and really eager to assist in any way while not being subservient about it. I was really impressed by everything about Whispering Palms. Great place to stay in at North Goa. Candolim, Sinqerim, Calangute and Baga beaches are very close. In fact Candolim beach is barely a 2 min walk. I would definitely like to visit once more on a vacation trip rather than on business.

Room Tip: When the renovation is complete, the poolside balcony rooms would be great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank scorflame
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went in August Mid
- No swimming pool, they have built restaurent in the swimming pool area
- Not a 5 star property (they claim to be 5 star in some sites)
- The nearby beach has no activity whatsoever
- All bathroom amenities not replaced daily
- Room service slow

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank VinayBanglore
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Our stay at Whispering Palms was memorable... its definitely good value for money.. the rooms are spacious airy..with fresh feel with ample natural light and fresh air...we relished the buffets ,,the service was good .cordial and inspiring. Only point of dissatisfaction is that the dinner closing time of 10.30 pm is far too early for tourists ,vacationers and revellers.. On vacation. no one wants to dine and sleep that early .... extending it by an hour would be wonderful...

Room Tip: look for a room on First floor with balcony.. the freesh air, sunlight and coool breeze lifts the spirits and you would end up rejunevated and refreshed in the crisp goan air!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends