2,131 results
All reviewsjacob johnevening entertainmentbalcony roomall inclusive packageswimming poolcurrygreat holidaytaxi standthomas cooknon vegindian foodvisit goahotel staffnorth goapleasant stayhouse keepingspecial thanks
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I travelled to this hotel in February and I was greeted by extremely pleasant staff. All the staff were incredably helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food here was great with plenty of variety. Evening entertainment was brilliant. I would recommend this hotel to any one it is an excellent holiday choice.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I loved the hotel when it came to food, location, service, housekeeping, cleanliness....although the pillows were a little hard..but that wasn't a put off..

The F&B manager was good.. interacted with us everyday at the the Breakfast table.. we went on Bed and breakfast cause Goa has a lot of restaurants/shacks on the platter..

Their spa is not that great... I went for an ayurvedic massage but it wasn't worth it!

Me and my husband aren't very fussy travelers.. so didn't need/interact much at the reception! Taxi stand, scooter rental shop is just opposite the hotel...

Overall a good place to be!!

Would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room...
1  Thank akt
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is my 2nd visit to Whispering Palms and yet again a fabulous holiday. My partner and I use the Palms as a base even though it is all inclusive, most people take full advantage of the all inclusive and were very pleased with it.
Our room was cleaned every day to a very high standard, this year we had one of the new revamped rooms, overloking the garden it was beautiful, a pleasure to come back to at the end of the day,it had a spacious balcony with a 2 str sofa and a chair, last year we had one of the old style rooms very large, with colonial furniture, but yet again an exceptionally clean beautiful room.
The Whispering Palms although a little tired around the pool area (in need of a bit of an overhaul) is a lovely hotel, the pool although a little tatty, is a pleasure to use at the end of a hot day.
We tended to go to the beach every day, and buy drinks/food from the Goan Shack who provided us with free sunbeds, the bill at he end of the day was never more than 450 Rupee's, some days we'd bought over 16 drinks coke/sprite etc for the beach girls and food.
Returning to the Palms was always a pleasure. If you decide to spend the days by the pool, you need to be up pretty sharpish 7ish to get your sunbeds ( Thankgod I'm not a pool person) always plenty at the end of the day.
The food is mainly Indian buffet which is great but can get a little tiresome over 2 weeks, there is a garden restaurant "Aharta" which you get vouchers for the Indian food here is exceptional, the best I've ever had. Breakfast,is a choice fresh fruit, pastries,cereal,toast,eggs (egg chef),and indian buffet, but something for everyone.
There is a spa, I never used it but it seemed popular, and a small outdoor Jacuzzi, there is a room with a pool table/games and tv. All the rooms have tv and tea/coffee making and a/c and fan, and bodywash/cream and soap provided in your bathroom each day.
The staff all go that extra mile to make your stay as comfortable as possible from the gardeners,porters,waiters,chefs,maids,security,and reception, they make sure that you are looked after to the highest standard.
There was no problem with mosquito's, that I could noticed but my partner and I purchased the wristbands on the plane which worked for us.
The location of the Palms is 20 meter walk to the beach, with sellers down the road who are all friendly and not pushy, directly out of the front of the hotel is a selection of restaurants (try the Mermaid and the Bistro, food like youve never tasted, shops/chemist/supermarkets/all within walking distance, and a taxi rank outside hotel if you want to travel further.
My partner and I booked a trip to the Taj ourselves, using the internet room at the hotel, we spent 2 nights a way in Delhi/Agra at a fraction of the cost.
I've visited several hotels in the past few years in different countries, (4/5 star), dont expect Indian hotels to be a on a par with those in more affluent countries, but I cannot fault India, it has an attraction of its own, so much so I will be returning again this year

Room Tip: Garden rooms on the lft side are much nicer, rooms over looking the pool could suffer from some slight noise problems
4  Thank carolyn_higgins
Reviewed March 27, 2012

we just returned from goa ,we stayed for 3 days in this whispering palm each resort.Our stay was lifetime memorable we would like to visit again to i this resort.Rooms were clean (balcony) &size is also good enough,services were also very good & about breakfast & dinner --delicious,mouth watering food.
We also enjoyed evening entertainment activities very much.As a whole our trip was excellent & life time memorable due to stay in this resort.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2012

WE just returned from a wonderful trip to India. Our last 6 days were spent in Goa for some much needed relaxations. We really enjoyed our stay at the Whispering Palms. The staff was friendly and attentive. We had a renovated double terrace room which was perfect. I used their gym each day and it was far superior to what I had expected. My only complaint was the pool area. It is in bad need of rennovations. However, that didn't bother us as we came to Goa to spend time at the beach. While there we really enjoyed VJ's Beach Shack. If you like jewelery, we liked dealing with the store on site as the manager was helpful, friendly and not overly pushy.