We stayed at Whispering Palms Beach Resort for 1 week at the end of November 2011, as a couple and with my Parents (they had been before to this hotel & recommended it). Upon arrival (early hours), we were quickly checked in by the friendly staff and we were very surprised at how modern and spacious our room was (after reading other reviews for Goa - we were very pleasantly surprised). Very clean, maid service was great and spacious (and modern) bathroom.
We were on an all-inclusive basis and we were very impressed with the food - lots of different foods to try and all very seasonal and local produce. Granted there wasnt an excessive amount of choice but that is what you would expect. Many other Brits in the hotel were complaining about the amount of spicy food and lack of English food...they should have stuck to Benidorm! We thought it was great and everything was very clean, well cooked and well presented - and very clearly labelled.
The Gala dinner was amazing and the evening was well worth it and the staff clearly hold a great deal of pride in their hotel and their service. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The al-a carte restaurant was also very good indeed - and the pool side snack bar provided many foods and they were always keen to adapt the menu to suit food choices. Also free pool towels available daily.
The pool side bar was also a great spot for many Kingfishers in an evening. The pool itself needs a bit of attention but from what I understand, it is due to be refurbished next year.
Other guests were also very friendly and the atmosphere was very laid back.
Outside of the hotel - Candolim is a very nice resort with many shops, restaurants, beach shacks and still has a local feel to it - without being too touristy. The cows are everywhere and Ganesh's Beach shack was an awesome place to watch the sunset over the shipwreck.
The cost of transport (local buses, taxi's and Rickshaws) was very cheap as was eating out - £12.00 in Baga for 4 x large Kingfishers, naan breads, 4 x main courses with sides in a very lovely restaurant.
I would definitely recommend the Whispering Palms to anyone - especially those first time visitors as most of the other hotels and B&B's we saw - looked quite disappointing from the outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whispering Palms’ unique feature is its location. It is just a minute’s walk or 175 meters from the well-known Sinquerim Beach situated in a very peaceful and serene surrounding. This often-described “Island onto itself” all-inclusive resort comprises of 106 well-appointed, air-conditioned accommodation units with en suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Whispering Palms Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Palms Beach Hotel Candolim
- Whispering Palms Beach Candolim
- Whispering Palms Goa
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort Candolim
- Whispering Palms Beach Resort Goa/Candolim