“Very nice, well located, well priced hotel”
Review of Casablanca

Casablanca
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Beautifully laid out spacious with all modern facilities - 24 hrs hot water, flat screen TV, Tata Sky mini-fridge etc etc. Medium sized pool with an accompanying restaurant is also a nice feature. The price was surprisingly affordable, although it was off-season.
It is situated in the middle of Candolim, with good connectivity from other parts of Goa. It is also a 5-10 minute walk from a nice, deserted part of Candolim beach.
The only drawback is the food is not authentic Goan cuisine, for those looking for true Goan food.

Room Tip: Look for a room with a large screen TV, as some rooms still have old TVs
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Xenome85
There are newer reviews for Casablanca

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during the month of May 2012 for 12 nights. It was my first visit to this hotel. I was very happy with the behavior of all the staffs (Top to Bottom level) of the hotel. It was really great and I got my home comfort during my stay on that hotel. Especially I could feel the sound of the sea at night, it was so calm and quite. Also the food was delicious and service was excellent. It would not be a wise if I do not quote the service of Tapan, Anand & Simon. They were really so polite and prompt. Overall I must say that it was my pleasant stay at Casablanca.
One more favor that they have done ONLY for me and that is they have introduced first time WIFI on the room from the day I checked in. I will never forget those memorable days.
If I ever visit Goa in future I wish to stay at the same place and that is for sure.
They have a nice swimming pool which I have used only once. But I think the resort management should take more care on that to keep it more clean.
Rather then the restaurant menu Kitchen staff made the food as per my own choice and it was delicious and perfect.
I wish all the best on their business.

Room Tip: I have chosen a "suite room". So, I do prefer it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank MeghlaShrabon
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Location is great, walking distance to candolim beach, this was our 2nd stay at Casablanca and rooms were not upto the mark this time(our first stay was 2 years ago and we enjoyed that time in Casablanca). Seepage spots at several places, smelly blankets, dirty shower curtain with black fungus spots. Ours was a terrace room with a personal verandah outside the room with a view of beach. Breakfast spread was OK, front office was helpful.

Room Tip: Don't take terrace rooms. Other rooms are large spacious with a separate living area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HighwayTraveller01
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We booked through makemytrip.
Staff was in good state of preparation, & we checked in fast enough. Room was spacious, clean, well arranged.
It's on the Candolim Beach, on the way to the "River Princess". On, means, on! It's really near the beach, & there were 2 very nice eateries just next to it. & Candolim was a perfect beach to stay on. It was secluded enough for romance or even philosophizing, yet inhabited enough not to be creepy or risky - if you start drowning, someone will notice.
Privacy was good, room service was okay.
Food was not really so good. Room service for food was delayed, & the (included) breakfast was not very appetizing.
One disappointment was the "swimming pool" that they mentioned.
(Not that I was going to swim in it instead of the sea) It was a ... mini ... ?pool? maybe more like large decorative basins.

Room Tip: It's not exactly a cottage resort. Try to get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dedestined
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed in this hotel by default and overall it was good. We did not have any hot water. The room was spacious and clean and we had a lovely balcony. The swimming pool and bar area were kept very tidy. It is very close to the beach and the town. The breakfasts were poor. The staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Susan M
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The best part about Casablanca is that it is really close to the candolim, by far that is the best beach in North Goa.
The Hotel is nice and clean, but nothig fancy. The room size is quite big.
The room service though was slow, but when in GOA you really don't care about the time. The hotel staff was quite helpful and arranged all our transportation, within Goa quite nicely.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank The_L0st_Wanderer
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I loved the location of the hotel. The beach is just walking distance. I recommend this hotel to all who want to stay in a home away from home. I find the staff very friendly and the prices very low for the kind of service provided by the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012