Marbella Guesthouse
$67
$42
$29
  • Pool
De Alturas Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
$54
$42
Agoda.com
All reviewsrajasthani suitethe penthousegarden roomguest housesinquerim beachportuguese villafort aguadashared balconybeauty treatmentsquiet lanenorth goalush greeneryten minute walkshort staysitting areathe ground floorthe main road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The red walls surrounded by the lush green, the sound of peacocks and the aroma from the kitchen, the beautiful tiles on the floor, I enjoyed the house with all my senses.

The worst part, my holiday in Goa was way too short.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rena D
susansinghrarewala, Owner at Marbella Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Madam,
Thankyou for your review. And its.. oh so lovely! to have guests such as you.. that appreciate the true goan hospitality. We are happy to cater to any dishes or diets that the guests request and are glad that you love the peace and quiet in our courtyard. we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Beautiful guesthouse just outside the town centre. It is tanquil and very relaxing. The rooms are immaculate and the beds extremely comfortable.
The food is cooked fresh to order, and it excellent.
I can also recommend the beauty treatments - the facials are great and very relaxing. All staff are very helpful and happy to attend to your needs,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
susansinghrarewala, Owner at Marbella Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Thank you for your review. We hope you visit us again soon. You are always most welcome!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked the Rajasthani room for two night's (rest of the rooms were already booked). Unsure of what to expect on our stay we were surprised by the sheer rustic beauty of the place esp the room. Old furniture, decorative flooring, private garden, huge bath tub ... were just some of the highlight's of the place. Step in and the staff is right there to cater to any requests...polite and friendly they lend light to the place. Must try the veg spring rolls and 3egg omelet with spinach ,feta and mushroom. And for all the pet lovers 2 dogs rupert and ruby will be just around the hallway waiting to play with. 2 cats both seems too busy being pampered will be found lazily sitting around too... It's a place to get away from the commercial Goan experience , the beach nearby has everything one would need minus the crowd and the hustling... If you want to get out and around just ask Julius (our host GM) for their bike and in 5 mins u will reach the shops and different restaurants... A special mention for their service - when we reached the GM Julius was not in but he made sure every thing was in place and ready, even the bike keys were left so that we could go around. Ask sanjay (our driver)for any suggestions for thing to do and visit... Definitely look forward to visit Marbella soon...

Room Tip: Try the Rajasthani suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travellerscouple

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear everything was to your satisfaction.
julius Almeida is not with us anymore but we have a new guy now called Sajjan and he is also very competent. Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very mixed review.... I arrived on a Wednesday and checked out on Friday morning -- I had booked for 8 nights.

When I arrived on Wednesday I walked to the beach and realized how isolated the guesthouse was from restaurants, ATM, etc. It is a beautiful and special place, very clean, but I found the food, while good, was overpriced. That being said, Goa, to me, is expensive compared to Kerala and Tamil Nadu (this is my 7th trip to India, first to Goa.)

I did not like the fact that it was an isolated place and I mentioned that to Raymond, the manager, after my walk. I asked him where do people go, what do they do here....one has to take a car to most places which is expensive here, 1000 rs to Anjuna for example. I'm a walker and DON"T want to spend 1000 rs everyday for travel! There are no restaurants within walking distance. Raymond had no answer for me and in fact, became cold and standoffish after I voiced my concerns.

I went out the next day and found a new place, telling Raymond I am checking out which he very obviously did not like. in fact, I heard from the driver who took me to my new place that Raymond told him a lie about not calling him when I wanted a driver to take me to Anjuna to look at hotels. the driver -- who had picked me up at the airport -- told me that Raymond told him I called another driver to drive me to Anjuna which is not true, Raymond called another driver himself. this leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth about Marbella AND the manager.

Marbella is a nice place for couples and/or older people who don't want to do a lot. However, if you are a solo traveller like I am, I would avoid it. I also see they advertise here a 20% discount for March which I DID NOT get! Also, for their price, breakfast is NOT included!

Room Tip: ask for a discount! overpriced for what they offer! BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank KaliGrrl108

Thank you for your review. i am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with our guest house. i apologise for any distress you experienced, and if you come to goa again i would very much like to meet you and give you a complimentary stay to make up for any misunderstandings or problems that may have incurred.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had tha most amazing stay at Marbella guest house. We had penthouse suit which is a beautiful suite with huge living room, small dining space and huge bedrooms. We had balcony with great view...

Very efficient maangement adn great service. Staff is very fiendly. My son had blast palying with two dogs Rubu and Rubert.

We had one of the finest punjabi food for lunch here. Pancakes served were also very delicious..

Siquerium beach is walkable and its a beautiful beach. The fort is also half a km and gives great view...

Room Tip: Do have your meals here as food is great....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Purvi2612

Dear Sir,
Thanking you for your review.
Your kids are so well behaved, and its good when they bond with the dogs! Rupert and Ruby love children. The dogs are also very protective and many times, they have escorted single ladies up to the fort taking care of them and leading them safely back. We try to be more of a home not a guest house and we like it when the guests go into the kitchen and watch their food cooked. We love punjabi food. My husband Dian is half punjabi, so he insists on those dishes made well. we are always looking at ways to make marbella more comfortable, and accomadating so your comments are always valid. we look forward to you and your family returning. see you next time x