“A well spent Easter weekend!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marbella Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Candolim
Marbella Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 82 Candolim B&B and Inns
Banga
“A well spent Easter weekend!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked the Rajasthani room for two night's (rest of the rooms were already booked). Unsure of what to expect on our stay we were surprised by the sheer rustic beauty of the place esp the room. Old furniture, decorative flooring, private garden, huge bath tub ... were just some of the highlight's of the place. Step in and the staff is right there to cater to any requests...polite and friendly they lend light to the place. Must try the veg spring rolls and 3egg omelet with spinach ,feta and mushroom. And for all the pet lovers 2 dogs rupert and ruby will be just around the hallway waiting to play with. 2 cats both seems too busy being pampered will be found lazily sitting around too... It's a place to get away from the commercial Goan experience , the beach nearby has everything one would need minus the crowd and the hustling... If you want to get out and around just ask Julius (our host GM) for their bike and in 5 mins u will reach the shops and different restaurants... A special mention for their service - when we reached the GM Julius was not in but he made sure every thing was in place and ready, even the bike keys were left so that we could go around. Ask sanjay (our driver)for any suggestions for thing to do and visit... Definitely look forward to visit Marbella soon...

Room Tip: Try the Rajasthani suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travellerscouple
susansinghrarewala, Owner at Marbella Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 10, 2016
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear everything was to your satisfaction.
julius Almeida is not with us anymore but we have a new guy now called Sajjan and he is also very competent. Look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a very mixed review.... I arrived on a Wednesday and checked out on Friday morning -- I had booked for 8 nights.

When I arrived on Wednesday I walked to the beach and realized how isolated the guesthouse was from restaurants, ATM, etc. It is a beautiful and special place, very clean, but I found the food, while good, was overpriced. That being said, Goa, to me, is expensive compared to Kerala and Tamil Nadu (this is my 7th trip to India, first to Goa.)

I did not like the fact that it was an isolated place and I mentioned that to Raymond, the manager, after my walk. I asked him where do people go, what do they do here....one has to take a car to most places which is expensive here, 1000 rs to Anjuna for example. I'm a walker and DON"T want to spend 1000 rs everyday for travel! There are no restaurants within walking distance. Raymond had no answer for me and in fact, became cold and standoffish after I voiced my concerns.

I went out the next day and found a new place, telling Raymond I am checking out which he very obviously did not like. in fact, I heard from the driver who took me to my new place that Raymond told him a lie about not calling him when I wanted a driver to take me to Anjuna to look at hotels. the driver -- who had picked me up at the airport -- told me that Raymond told him I called another driver to drive me to Anjuna which is not true, Raymond called another driver himself. this leaves a VERY bad taste in my mouth about Marbella AND the manager.

Marbella is a nice place for couples and/or older people who don't want to do a lot. However, if you are a solo traveller like I am, I would avoid it. I also see they advertise here a 20% discount for March which I DID NOT get! Also, for their price, breakfast is NOT included!

Room Tip: ask for a discount! overpriced for what they offer! BREAKFAST IS NOT INCLUDED!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank KaliGrrl108
Thank you for your review. i am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with our guest house. i apologise for any distress you experienced, and if you come to goa again i would very much like to meet you and give you a complimentary stay to make up for any misunderstandings or problems that may have incurred.
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had tha most amazing stay at Marbella guest house. We had penthouse suit which is a beautiful suite with huge living room, small dining space and huge bedrooms. We had balcony with great view...

Very efficient maangement adn great service. Staff is very fiendly. My son had blast palying with two dogs Rubu and Rubert.

We had one of the finest punjabi food for lunch here. Pancakes served were also very delicious..

Siquerium beach is walkable and its a beautiful beach. The fort is also half a km and gives great view...

Room Tip: Do have your meals here as food is great....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Purvi2612
susansinghrarewala, Owner at Marbella Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thanking you for your review.
Your kids are so well behaved, and its good when they bond with the dogs! Rupert and Ruby love children. The dogs are also very protective and many times, they have escorted single ladies up to the fort taking care of them and leading them safely back. We try to be more of a home not a guest house and we like it when the guests go into the kitchen and watch their food cooked. We love punjabi food. My husband Dian is half punjabi, so he insists on those dishes made well. we are always looking at ways to make marbella more comfortable, and accomadating so your comments are always valid. we look forward to you and your family returning. see you next time x
Northern Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at the Adleia Santa Rita for 3 nights and it was wonderful (see other review) But when we came here it was paradise. We had the Penthouse Suite. The cost in March was about $75.00 USD including all taxes but no meals. The room was quiet and with the AC and fan very comfortable. The front desk was excellent in helping us with anything we needed. WE ate breakfast here every day and they had omelets and french toast among other things and coffee was made in a coffee press so that was very good compared to a lot of places in India where you get Nescafe.

We had dinner twice one night we had Vegatable Curry and prawn cocoanut curry and it was excellent and the prices were extremely reasonable. The last night we had beef curry and again it was excellent.
I had a facial in the beauty room by a sweet girl named Shradha and she even did threading on my facial hair and it was much better than waxing and even 10 days later my upper lip is smooth.
I can't say enough nice things about this place.
You are not right in town but we took the bus (20 rupees) a 5 minute ride or a taxi for 150 .ruppees.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
susansinghrarewala, Owner at Marbella Guesthouse, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Madam
Thank you for your kind remarks.
We had recently changed the menus at the guest house as a few guests suggested, i am glad to hear that it is making a difference.
I passed on your comments to shraddha who also appreciated your review.
We work hard at trying to maintain a peaceful and homely atmosphere for guests.
I look forward to meeting you next time. susan
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in the Rastanjani suite for 3 weeks in February on our firsrt trip to Goa. The marbella is a very welcoming, quiet, restful and charming place to stay. Efficient management with excellent service and friendly staff. The food is very good and not expensive given it's quality. In fact it was some of the best we had.The dining area is in a lovely garden, peacful and with only 4 tables was never noisy or busy. The location is good situated at the end of a quiet lane with easy access to the beach and good restaurants. My wife particularly liked the Indian Head Massage she had at the Marbella. It is very clean and nothing is too much trouble. We were both treated more like friends than paying guests.

Room Tip: For us the Rastanjani suite or the garden room are best offering peace and privacy. We didn't se...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pthornton11
Thank you for your review. We look forward to you staying with us again to sample our menu and the beauty treatments. you are always most welcome sir.
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I seldom write reviews (I regret for this habit) but writing for Marbella is pleasure and pride in true sense. Our experience with Marbella was wonderful right from enquiry till we said good bye. Sitting under a mango tree and having breakfast is quite an experience. Unfamiliar colorful birds with their melodious chirping will make you relax and insinuate relinquishment of yourself to the mother nature .We stayed for 7 nights in the first week of Feb and I must confess that the hospitality was quite good. We stayed in Bougeanvilla 1 overlooking the dining area. The room was decently furnished with all basic amenities. Cleanliness and serenity is what we experienced during our stay. Staff is very cordial and helpful. I want to thank Chef Ashok and Pascaul for dishing out yummy breakfast including refreshing masala tea and Nandu, the gardener always smiling and helpful. Two maids (can’t remember their names ) who cleaned our room also deserve word of appreciation for their impeccable job. I specially thank Mr. Julius Almeida, General Manager for making our stay very comfortable and memorable. Julius is very helpful and will certainly attend your concerns, if any. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to soak up serenity and comfort at reasonable price.

The only thing I didn’t like is that the room does not have adequate lighting. Room becomes very dark and gloomy with only few bulbs.Decent size LCD TV is definitely required.

Room Tip: Try for Rajasthan or Moghul suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We have taken your good advise, and have now equipped the rooms with adequate lighting. Plus a new LCD Television on request.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Marbella is situated down a quiet lane just off the main road, near one of Goa's good beaches. This setting allowed us to enjoy serene mornings and restful afternoons while never being too far from one of the vibey, main strips of restaurants and clubs in Candolim.

The staff were extremely attentive and the food was outstanding. Each meal is hand prepared and made exactly to order. So allergies and food preferences were catered for superbly.

The accommodation is very comfortable, with good water pressure in the showers, air conditioning and fans, and free wifi. the decor and architecture is intriguing and is modeled after a 16th century Portuguese Villa.

The highlight of Marbella is definitely the food and the value of the experience, and I would come back in a flash. Highly recommended.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. We look forward to meeting you again Sir.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa
Santana Beach Resort
Santana Beach Resort
#4 of 64 in Candolim
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,620 reviews

Been to Marbella Guesthouse? Share your experiences!