“Beautiful Holiday”

Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Candolim
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Holiday”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

On the arrival we was offered the first room it was too high for us so we was given another room very very lovely room. When they moved me i lost my insulin travel pouch. The Guest Relation Manager (Poonam) went out of there way to try and replace it. Our stay at the Phoneix has been a good choice the breakfast is lovely and so is the staff. The room is kept clean and the linen changed all the time can not thought it. We are differntley coming back to this hotel again. The premire rooms are a must. Only one sad thing happened to our friends when they stayed out late one night they got mugged. Don't go down the unlit side streets

Room Tip: choose premium rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank genni190795
ppir, General Manager at Phoenix Park Inn Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

gmppi@sarovarhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

On arrival we were given a room in block 6 4th floor on first impressions room was lovely however we didnt sleep all night due to noise from the generator on complaining they give us a choice of two room and we took one on the 2nd floor which was noise free clean and big. Room was cleaned daily. Breakfast was good alot of choice. Staff really friendly and they always go the extra mile. Drinks are expensive in the hotel compared with drinks in town. Didnt stay around the pool area as it was lacking in sunbeds due to people saving them from 8am but beach is only 10 mins walk away which is lovely go to the Oasis Beach hut very friendly clean good food.
Great holiday can't wait to go again

• Stayed November 2012
gosport
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Check in procedure haphazard, could take 2 hours!This is a hotel within a hotel ie standard room and superior room.Standard rooms are red stone floor, bare walls, no chairs, with or without balcony and lots of stairs to climb to get to your room.. superior rooms have marble floors bigger beds,bigger tv,balcony and close to pool.recommend superior /premium room to avoid disappointing your lady and make a dent in your budget to upgrade at £25/day!(if you booked thru monarch,thomas cook etc it will be basic room and you will upgrade. so allow extra £170/week to your hols) .pool side bar pleasant but expensive compared to bars just 100yds down the road.
location is very good, roughly one hour from airport, easy access to beach and panjim.quieter part of north goa, great choice of bars and restaurants.
for money change try alburquerque, elephant shop and thomas cook before choosing, as can be upto 5rupee difference.they are all witihn 500 yds of hotel.take cash, its easiest to exchange.

Room Tip: superior or premium room block 1-4 are all around pool.rooms facing pool will have poolside music al...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank snowleopard_gosport
Durham England
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just returned with two 18 plus sons and my hubby on 8th Jan 2013 from the Pheonix Park Inn. This being our second visit to Candloim I wish we had booked back at the Santana beach resort. On arrival we had to wait 5 hours to get into the room which was madness when clearly the Saturday flight departures left at 5.25 am. When we arrived at 11 am the rooms were not ready. Tired and miserable we waited by the pool and got the first glimpse of the lovely surroundings but lack of sunbeds. When our rooms were finally ready my husband joked we were going second class as we were led from the lush pool surroundings down a path to the rear of the property to block 5. How right he was !

My disappointment and shock at the dark, basic and rather unclean rooms is an understatement. Dirty hallway and stairs, patio facing a brick wall with no chairs on it which to be honest would have been futile as it never saw the sun from our room. A TV that did not work properly and noisy Air Con was just the start. Towels were not replaced and I had to keep asking. I had to ask for the floor to be washed several times as they never did it. The roads are so dirty that the floor gets very dirty too and we had to resort to putting a beach towel on the floor from the bathroom to the bed to make sure we could get into bed with clean feet.

Trips to reception to complain fell on deaf ears and no other rooms were available due to it being new year. A conveniently placed notice saying you can upgrade for 2000 rupees a night on the notice board was clearly evidence that when you arrive you get the basic room shock treatment and immediately want to upgrade so the holiday costs more the minute you arrive. Quite frankly with the cost as it is, I think it’s rather a scam to have to have to pay extra for the original comfort and nice surroundings which drew me to the hotel.

I chose this hotel because of the reviews, the ambiance and the gym as my son is a fitness fanatic. The gym it transpired was a small box room with no air con or window and consisted of a few dumbbells on the floor and little else which was a huge let down for him. Our room and ours sons room had no ambiance. The couples arriving after us complained one by one to the rep and the hotel staff and it became a regular occurrence at reception and we could hear the complaints outside our room as new people arrived. Our room was so dark when the nightly power cuts occurred (at least 4 a night) and was getting ready, the room was pitch black and I was quite scared and had to sit still in the dark silence waiting for my husband to come back from his pre dinner drink or my sons to come down stairs to my room knowing I would be a scardey cat !. We had to buy a torch.

The toilet in my sons room leaked all over the floor and after two hours of reception telling me the engineer was coming and my stomping to reception to get someone in person resulted in my son fixing the loo himself after having to move suitcases from the floor etc etc as no one came.

My laid back husband who hates complaining finally snapped when first the free new years eve gala dinner required you to pre order wine at 2000 rupees a bottle when it was 800 rupees elsewhere and when he tried to get a drink at the happy hour at the hotel bar between 5pm and 7pm which offers buy one get one free, to our horror and embarrassment he was refused this offer as it does not apply to guests staying in BLOCK 5 , superior and half board customers only !!!!

I will NEVER go back to the Pheonix Park Inn. I only enjoyed my holiday when I left the hotel to go to the beautiful Mojem beach and to partake of the fabulous hospitality and food we experienced everywhere else but this hotel.

Room Tip: Whatever you do, do not go in Block 5 and stick to your guns as once you go in to your room it is no...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank TracieM
ppir, General Manager at Phoenix Park Inn Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Phoenix Park Inn resort.
I am disheartened to note your unsatisfactory room experience . As you might have noticed that we have upgraded lot of facilities in the resort and we are also in the process of renovating the rooms.
I once again apologizefor the inconvenience caused to you.
We look forward to your continued support and patronage to Phoenix Park Inn Resort.

Leeds
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Spent 2 weeks here in November 2012 and would definitely return! The hotel was amazing, our room in particular was fantastic although we did upgrade to a Premier. I would agree with other holidaymakers though in that the only downside was the price of drinks - we only drank there one night and were taxed on everything which was disappointing since the drinks everywhere else were dirt cheap! The room was clean and tidy, the staff were amazing, very friendly and polite - couldn't do enough for you. Linda 120359 did have a point however, there weren't enough sun beds and the beds that were there were taken all the time so we went to the beach on a daily basis. The hotel was ideally situated, only 5-10 mins walk from the beach but the walk meant that you could take in the 'ambiance' and 'atmosphere' of the place. We were definitely impressed and would return, the goans are so friendly and welcoming and to eat and drink is so cheap, loved it!!!!

Room Tip: I would advise upgrading to a Premier room as these were like suites!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Carol R
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Phoenix Park Inn Resort. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Have just come back from 2 weeks holiday over christmas. The pool was very clean just one bad thing not enough beds for every one. but i was so fed up with people putting towls on the beds then takin off for 2-3 hours back to a bed while we was wating around well after a day got fed up with that I just took them off talk about the germans doing it well no germans there nearly all english should be a shamed of your selves, pissed me write off dident do it any more. the room was basic but clean. the staff was amazing. i agree the prices in the hotel was expensive. so no one stoped there at night . position was great overhall will be booking again for this christmas

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank linda120359
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my friends who had come from Dubai. Phoenix park inn is a lovely clean hotel, polite & friendly staff willing to do anything and not expecting to be tipped at every instance which is so common in every part of the world .The breakfast was fantastic. The hotel was well kept and the rooms were clean, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.There is absolutely nothing that could make you feel disappointed . We loved our stay and strongly suggest this hotel.Staff were amazing. So helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble and always had a smile! Great location, close to local restaurants and bars and easy access to beaches. Not quite 5 star but beautifully presented with everything you need at hand. Hotel was spotless, decor beautiful and lovley pool .we ate out locally every evening with the exception of Christmas evening, when we attended the Christmas Gala Dinner that was compulsory, Would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing holiday, close (but to too close) to all the action!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends