“Very good”

Sheek Emporium
Ranked #2 of 23 Shopping in Candolim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Established 1950 Warm Welcome To Sheek Emporium/Armani De Goa Jewellery,Handicrafts Bespoke Tailors Handicrafts Bespoke Tailors Discover Our Craftsmanship A unique Tailored Garments Engineered To Suit Your Requirements Crafted TO The Highest specification Like in True Savile Row Tradition. All Types Of Fabrics Like Pure Wool,CashmereWool,Linens,Cottons, Silks,Etc Available In Our Store, We Do Make To Measure Clothes Like Suits,Shirts,Dresses,Weddings Dresses, Bride's Maid Dresses,ties,Leather Clothes,Bags,Belts etc. 0We also do make Jewellery on order in Gold,White Gold,Platinum and Titanium. With Warm Regards Shafi & Sartaj
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My Partner took a favoite pair of trousers and shirt to Santaj at the Sheek Emporium!He had 5 pairs of trousers and about 10 shirts.They fit perfect and quality is fantastic,finished to a high standard!So far everything has washed up very well.
Vert impressed and pleased with clothes.
If you have a favourite piece of clothing take it to Santaj to copy,you can even take your own fabric to make sure you get exactly what you want!

11  Thank MalcHazel
"many years"
in 14 reviews
"piece suit"
in 6 reviews
"you will not be disappointed"
in 10 reviews
"fair price"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was in India back in november 2012 and had made a suit and 3 shirts. I was very pleased with the result and Sartaj (the tailor) told me, that he would keep my measurements if I wanted some clothes posted to my home country (Denmark). This summer I was in need of a jacket, and I found one on the internet that I really liked. I emailed a picture of the jacket to Sartaj and he tailed it for me! 2 weeks later I received it by post, and it fit perfectly.
Again I must say that I'm impressed by his work.
Because of the perfect result, my brother chose to have a jacket made as well!

7  Thank Nicolai A
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been visiting Sartaj in this shop for many years and during that time have had several things tailored for myself. On this visit I had some shirts tailored for my son as a birthday / late Christmas present. Taking with me an old shirt of his and details of how his shape had changed ( slimmer waist due to Paleo living style) I then went in to discuss fabrics and colours.
There was a vast range of colours and mixes so, with Sartaj's help, I picked out a few and, via smartphone, sent photos to my son for his choice.
The choices being made the finished articles arrived promptly and I was able to send photos of them to my son as well.
Obviously long distance tailoring can be fraught with difficulties but suffice it to say that my son (and his girlfriend) are delighted with the end results. They are exactly the style and fit he wanted and apparently wash and iron well. Earlier this month I visited him and he was modelling the shirts - and keeps saying that he's so delighted with them.

As usual any visit to Sartaj's shop is also accompanied by a friendly chat, often some refreshment (tea and biscuits are my favourite) and a browse amongst the shelves.
Not only did I bring back shirts but also the finest and warmest real pashmina. It is light as a feather, as warm as toast and packs up into a tiny tiny bundle - ideal for all the travelling I do.

6  Thank tigprincess
Reviewed June 21, 2013

If you have a favourite piece of clothing that you would like to have made up in the very best silks, go to the Sheek Emporium. He is the best tailor in Goa, as others have said. This was my first time in Goa and I did not know what to expect from Sartaj,my friend Anne insisted I go to him, but his work spoke volumes. I WISH I had taken more money to have more clothes made. He made me some excellent shirts and beautiful skirts and tops and a lined silk jacket to die for. All tailor made, and finished to the very highest standard. Thank you Sartaj. Kathy

4  Thank Bundilla
See more reviews
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have been regularly using Armani de Goa now Sheek Emporium for the last 10 years. Sartaj is the best tailor we have ever used in Goa, and they have made many suits, jackets, trousers and excellent shirts over the years and still do for us.
The cut and finish of all the clothes is impeccable, and far better than the quality we can buy in London. All our friends use him - his ladies' clothes are wonderful, he can copy any style you want, or will create a new style with you.
Sartaj listens to you, understands your needs and doesn't give you mediocrity, even if you are there for only 2 weeks, and may never meet again.
He is not the cheapest tailor in Goa, but then to have the best it is worth paying the extra.
We live in Goa seven months of the year and sartaj makes all my clothes for Goa and London. We save a lot of money and always look and feel great in his clothes.
Thank you, Sartaj.