“Loved the Indian food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was close to our stay but worth the visit. I loved the Biryani & chicken butter there. Nice place on quite street. sitting was comfortable.

1  Thank tamimalmeaan

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Dominic has done a wonderful job refurbishing the restaurant since he took it over from his Mother. the meals and service were excellent. take a look at his fab aquarium

3  Thank carole g
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Don't know why this place is stuck with the wrong name on here- it has been Alexandra's for years. Anyway, we used to use this restaurant when Mrs Alexanda ran it, a formidable old lady, but now I understand her son and daughter have taken over, and given it a major makeover. It really is much improved now, with lots of nice little touches, especially if you are a bike fan, and the best toilets in Candolim. So good I had to take a photo of them!
The food has always been good, and that hasn't changed. We visited twice, and both times had lovely meals. I had Chicken Makanwalla, which was spot on, and the OH tried the Chicken Jaipuri, which was a bit different, with pieces of popadom in the sauce. The OH had been off rice recently, but the Egg Fried rice here converted her. On the second visit the OH had a very good Chicken Dupiaza, and I had the hottest Chicken Vindaloo I have ever had in Goa. Great flavour, and I finished it, but I probably wouldn't have it there again, unless they could calm it down a bit!
We also just sat outside on Beach Road just for a drink one night, and it's a good spot to watch the world go by whether you are eating or drinking.
So yes, we have been using this restaurant for years, and will keep on using it. Highly recommended.

1  Thank TriuumphNed
Reviewed March 7, 2013

There are lots of good restaurants in Candolim but this one is setting the standards for others to keep up with.
Excellent food at everday prices, served by happy attentive staff in lovely, clean, modern surroundings.
The toilets are as good as we should expect but rarely get in India and other restaurants would do well to emulate the owners of the Alexander.
The menu is fairly extensive, offering dishes as varied as liver bacon and onions to exotic Indian/Goan meals with all tastes in between catered for.
The steaks are really good and terrific value.
The surroundings are clean and comfortable with lots of unusual decorations etc to keep your eyes interested whilst awaiting your meal.
There are TV's for the sports fans , with the sound muted for those who do not follow football etc.
At the rear of the restaurant is a new bar/waiting area, complete with a massive aquarium housing some lovely fish (not on the menu !).
There are many ceiling fans to keep you cool and I understand that the owner has plans for a new ventilation system for next season to further improve an already excellent restaurant.
After eating there lots of times during our last holiday I can honestly recommend Alexanders without any reservation.

1  Thank del949
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The service here is great and the food is gorgeous. W hen in Goa I always eat here at least once a day as the food is brill, and the staff are so welcoming! Very clean and tidy and not at all over priced! If you get chance to eat here then do it.

2  Thank carla m