“A Perfect Place to Enjoy your Holidays!!”
Review of Victoria Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Candolim
Victoria Villa
Ranked #5 of 85 Candolim B&B and Inns
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“A Perfect Place to Enjoy your Holidays!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to Goa in mid of Feb'13. Sorry for coming this late from me as I was travelling a lot during last couple of days.
WOW!! This Guest House was beyond my expectation. I've got the details from the internet and was very specific about the reviews.
It was a wonderful from start to finish we were made to feel at home. we were warmly welcomed by Selvador on our arrival at our room which was an spacious room at the back side of the house, separated from other floors. At least the one we got was a Suite :)
It was well equipped with comfortable bed with separate sitting area, air-conditioner, Satellite LCD, Fridge, Chairs, Dressing table and Kitchen. Bathroom was spotlessly clean, piping hot water 24/7. There was a small garden in front of the room quiet enough where you can put chairs to relax in.
The location is brilliant too, close to the sea i.e. Siquerim beach was about 5 minutes walk from our guest house. We are truly hoping to go back to same place whenever we would plan for Goa. An absolute must stay place.

Room Tip: Room Downstairs would be perfect for couples.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks and were really impressed with Victoria Villa. The location is just right, on a quiet road in Sinquerim (close to lots of the nicer restaurants in Candolim and 5 minutes to the beach). Salvador, his lovely wife and 2 gorgeous girls were so friendly and helpful and were just the right amount of attentive - sticking their head out the door to check we were OK as we walked past. They kindly let us use a kettle and some cups/bowls so we could make our own breakfast and let us use the washing line to dry our clothes. They kindly even posted something on which I had accidently left behind. We didn't have a choice of rooms as they were fully booked so we didn't get a balcony room (which I think would have been nice) but we did have an extra room which had a cupboard, chairs, table, fridge and huge windows and it was all spotless. They cleaned the room and gave us fresh towels every other day though I think this would have been daily had we wanted it. Overall is was a very good stay and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Victoria Villa, Candolim for 3 days and we loved it. Right from the time, I called Salvador to enquire about the place till the time we left the place, he was really helpful. I had zeroed in on Bougainvillea first but that place was full and the owner referred me to Victorial Villa and was I glad he did. The place is about 5 mins walk from the Sinquerim beach and about 10 mins ride from Fort Aguada.

We stayed on the ground floor overlooking a private garden. The first thing that struck us was the good amount of light coming through three large french windows. Brilliant. The room was pretty spacious with a kitchen attached and a fridge too. There was no gas though to cook but you can buy stuff and put it in the fridge. The toilet is clean and they clean the room everyday. There is an AC which you can use.

Salvador helped us get an activa for a very affordable price. Best part was that we stayed half a day extra and he graciously refused to charge us.

There is no Breakfast option though but you can drop in to Bougainvillea for breakfast.

I will go to Victoria Villa again when I visit Goa next time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Well, all rooms are very spacious. Just leave it to Salvador
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed with family 3 rooms in Dec 2012 for new year. Value for . Excellent location just a 3 minute walk away from the beach and restaurents, also very quiet as its tucked away into a cosy road.
The hosts also arrange transport car or bike for your use during your stray INR 500 to 2000 per day reasonable.

Room Tip: the 1st floor rooms with the one facing the road have great balconies
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at Victoria Villa guest house. Not having many reviews I was a little nervous, however the pictures were lovely and the value for Candolim was fantastic. When we arrived we were greeted by Salvador and his family, whom were all so kind and welcoming.

The location itself is one of the best bits about it. It is walking distance to Candolim town in such a pleasant area surrounded by traditional Goan houses lots of green with beautiful flowers. It is 5 mins walk to fort Aguada and the beach. It is in a quiter part of town which was perfect for us.

Our room was simple very big, air conditioned, beautiful large balcony, a fridge and a sitting area. Salvador was always available if we had any questions or needed anything. It does not serve breakfast which was no bother at all as there was another guest house 2 mins up the road which served a beautiful breakfast Bougainvillea. There were also lots of restaurants nearby that served breakfast.

I would definitely recommend seeing a lot when your in Goa, you can go from North Goa to South Goa in just over 2 hours and there are so many beautiful beaches and places to see. I would recommend seeing old Goa and visiting the nearby spice plantation, you can ride/wash elephants there too!

If I were to visit Goa again I would defiantly stay at Victoria villa guest house.

• Stayed November 2012
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I finalized on this after lot of review reading, checking with friends for over 2-3 weeks, as this was my first trip to Goa with wife. Travelling with better half is always critical, in terms of staying in right place. I was checking with Bougainvillea (5 buildings after this one), as recommended by a friend of mine & it wasn't available for my travel dates. So, the owner of Bougainvillea gave me this option when I asked him to recommend a good place. Well, I am thankful to him as well. This turned out to be a great place to stay, with no frills attached & no conditions& no problem whatsoever!.
Great rooms, spacious & clean bathrooms, balcony.. as good as a nice hotel room, but spacious!. Owner, Salvador is very friendly as is his family. We stayed there for 4 nights (Thu-Sun), no issue at all. He arranged for a bike for us to roam around, which always is mandatory for anyone in Goa. Dont use cabs, they will rip you apart.. Hire a bike, activa or some gear-less scooter..easy, quick to move around.
For food, I had to try different options/places & will be writing separate reviews of those this week. Some of them deserve a really long one!!!.
So, overall a great, economical, friendly, clean, no frills, no-nonsense, private place to stay while in Goa. Its located in Candolim, 5 mins walk to the beach as well (close to Fort Aguada).
This is by far the most under rated guesthouse/resort I have ever been to, need more reviews & feedbacks from guests who have gone there before.. I will surely be staying here anytime I visit Goa again...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank shree81
Hartford, CT
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Victoria Villa is a very impressive guesthouse not far from Marbella (just off the main strip of Candolim, near the Taj). The rooms are very clean, colorful, comfortable, with A/C, and have balconies. We had a slightly extended stay in Goa and had to move from a higher rated guesthouse to Victoria and were expecting a significant downgrade, especially since a room here was about half of the price of the other place, but the downgrade never came. Victoria is lovely, functional, and spotless.

This is a very well-maintained property with a very professional staff who knows what they're doing. It's an outstanding value for money choice in North Goa without a single fault I can think of.

Room Tip: Ask if a balcony room is available
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GunnersMcG
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village, Goa
Whispering Palms Beach Resort
Marquis Beach Resort
Marquis Beach Resort
#14 of 65 in Candolim

Been to Victoria Villa? Share your experiences!