“veggie and non veggie”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Walsall, United Kingdom
“veggie and non veggie”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

came across this place after a long evening stroll from hotel. staff were great and very helpful in explaining unfamiliar disher. food was excellent

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank grumpyoldmanWalsall

Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,087 helpful votes
“GREAT PLACE !”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We went to this restaurant twice during our stay in Goa . The first time is when we arrived very late ; the restaurant had just closed and the owner accepted to make us a quick snack ; it turned out to be a delightful full meal !
The second time , we went at normal eating hours . the place was half filled with locals , half with tourists . Meanwhile the restaurants around were nearly empty ! That tells a lot !
The menu is elaborate ; half of us tried the Italian specialties , the other half ordered Goan specialties . Both were extremely pleased with the plates !!! In fact it was one of the best meals we had in 5 weeks in India
The prices are good and the drinks from the bar are inexpensive compared to previous locations we have been !
The service is very friendly and the atmosphere is very pleasant ! The owner and his wife go from one table to the other , inquiring about the service and about our stay in Goa ! it is very friendly !
We spent a wonderful evening there !

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank belleretraite
London
“Some of the best food I've had in India”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We ate here a few times during our stay in Candolim. As mentioned by others, the restaurant owner's brother also runs a very good hotel in the area (Bougainvillea) and between them they can arrange lifts there and back (thank you!).

Having travelled in India quite a bit one gets sceptical of such recommendations. But in this case it's clear that the two siblings share a passion for quality.

The food tastes brilliant. We mainly stuck to the Goan specialities such as kingfish peri-peri, fish curry and an unusual okra dish I can't remember the name of. With curries there can be a tendency for everything to end up tasting roughly the same. Well, not here! Each dish we ordered tasted and looked quite different from the others. Some had a vinegar-based masala whereas others were dry. The nan breads were light and crisp, not in the least bit stodgy.

The food and drink was reasonably priced - I don't think there's much variation along the road. (Almost all of Candolim's restaurants stretch along one road). But the quality of food is so high that I think this place is a must.

Like other recent reviews, I found the staff helpful and friendly, and the restaurant was bright and clean.

The menu contains European cuisine too but I didn't taste or see any of these dishes. But for Goan food it gets top marks, and the food ranks among the best I've ever had in India.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jeremy57
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Really great food & service.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Candolim and were initially recommended this place by the owner of our hotel who is the brother of the restaurant owner at Santa Lucia.

Our first meal was so lovely we made sure we returned again before the end of our holiday.
The menu is similar to a lot of other places we went to but the food was nicer than most. The service was excellent, and on both occasions we ate here we were offered a lift back to our hotel which was unexpected and greatly appreciated.
The place is spotlessly clean which a lot of other places aren't, the prices are comparable, the portions are generous and although its at the quieter end of the road, away from the hustle and bustle, I'd say its definitely worth a visit; and make sure to leave room for the mud pie, it's delicious!

Portland, Oregon
“Place to be for Goan Food”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The first time I visited this place was in October 2011, when me and my friends made a random stop while coming back from Fort Aguada. I loved the prawn curry and rice so much that this year in Aug 2012, I made sure that I visit this place again.
So people out there, if you want to try the authentic Goan Fish Curry Rice and Prawn Curry Rice, this is THE PLACE.
It is surely on my MUST GO places whenever I visit Goa. It's clean, very reasonably priced, nice music in background and had got the warmth of being welcomed in their hospitality.

• Visited August 2012