The Clematis
$73
$57
$52
$83
Santana Beach Resort(Candolim)(Great Value!)
$51
$222
$213
All reviewsplunge poolcandolim beachhookahgoaspread
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I visted to the place with my husband for first time in Goa as well. We were scared just because of some negative reviews we found at trip advisor. Although the good comments were also there but still there was something in mind. Anyhow we found the place full of warm hospitality and just like our own place. We stayed at Room No.101 with plunge pool which was awsome and very big. The decoration at night for indoor pool and the bed decoration made it superb. the food quality was excellent yet need to change the Menu as some spelling mistakes were there but their Manager told that its under process. you can find the very co-operative manager round the clock at the Hotel to make your comfortable. Thanks Clematis to make my honeymoon a perfect gift. Thanks to my tour operator as well to suggest us the best place.

Room Tip: Aqua rooms with indoor pool are the best one for couples
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deppmala
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We arrived early hours in the morning, greeted by the staff, who were very friendly, the manager very personable and polite, put our cases in the room, of which was a lovely size ,comfy bed, great shower, slippers, bath robe, and complimentary bathroom goodies, great room, felt at home right away, of which you need after a stupidly long flight from the uk. Then we head opposite the clematis for a drink at the storehouse, which is also a great bar and restaurant, good music and ambience. On waking up the next day, we headed down to breakfast, past the beautiful pool and surrounding garden, with hammocks dotted around the garden, beautiful, breakfast was good , again staff were extremely friendly, and very helpful, the beach is about 2 minutes from the back of the hotel. Would definitely come back to this hotel, even though the drinks at the bar are a bit pricey, but the management did say they are looking to revise them, overall , sometimes we really felt like it was our own villa, great memorable holiday, incidentally we have been to goa many times, and normally stay in the marinha dourada in arpora, which is also a nice hotel, just fancied a change, very romantic for couples. Just want to say thankyou to all the staff , who made our stay at the clematis just perfect.

Room Tip: We saw both rooms, we didn't have the plunge pool, we would of been happy with either.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joroden
Reviewed January 28, 2013

nice,property,good food,recently opened so they r adding more facilities.met the owners,they informed us about new indoor &outdoor activities coming up.as so now small boutique type hotel,
with big rooms,also the aqua suites r nice,with indoor plunge pools.very conveniently situated.
breakfast is very good only one restaurant but nicely situated.good pool,in house spa cuming soon.overall a very good experience.will recommend all.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mpp61
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here Dec 27th-Jan 1st - traveled with a group of 4. I was very surprised at the huge size of the rooms. It was quite unfortunate that our plunge room at the rear of the room could not be used because it wasn't cleaned sufficiently. The bed and general cleanliness of the room was good.
The property had a huge pool that we used once which was almost near the entrance of the beach front. Service was slow but the staff were very helpful. I remember specifically we returned from our 31st night party and ordered room service. We had little hope that it would arrive -but 45 mins later we heard a knock on our door at 4am!

DO NOT use the hotel towels!!! They were nasty. Had to ask room service to send us another set. It was quite funny had to do a few times a day. Even the new towels sent by the staff had red stains and yellow stains.

This place can easily earn 5 stars, only if the staff paid attention to general hygiene and lowered their room rates.. paying close to 300 USD a night (after discount from owner) is almost a rip off even in peak season. The location is great, close to nearby nightspots and the beach.

Wifi signal in our room was spotty. We had the room closest to the main road. I recommend requesting a room closer to the pool where wifi signal was best.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel just one night since i had to cancel my trip and stay back in goa.

The man at check-in (once he finally came to the front desk where I could see him sitting on the computer, not hearing me trying to get his attention) was un-welcoming. I finally found my way to the room after waiting for the housekeeping boy to pick up my luggage from the gate, because there's not really good communication between the staff that help you to sort anything. None of the employees I encountered were friendly, besides one lady at the reception.

The room itself was awkwardly large. I know that sounds like a weird problem to have, but I just felt like there was all of this unfilled space that I didn't know what to do with, it didn't help to make the space cozy at all. Also, the walls were fungus.
The AC that was in the room was running constantly, but could not get the room cooled off to even a comfortable level.
the carpet was dirty and had a nail poked out(carefull people u need to wear a sandel in the room)
The best was the hot water, even u do not get hot water the reception guarantee that hot water will be on in 15 mints which will be an hour and half and still u get a luke warm water.
The staff itself complained that there is very less staff because of the management company left with there whole staff.
I don't know what has happened to the place, as the comments are very highly recommended. I will not return and I suggest you look elsewhere for a room,and this place is now truly TERRIBLE!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo