“A Gem of a restaurant”

Horizon Grill
Ranked #9 of 313 Restaurants in Candolim
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since opening in 2007, Karlton's Horizon Grill has steadily gained popularity among tourists and locals alike. We cook and serve food that is rustic, fresh and honest; a trait that we have built our reputation on. You can also indulge in some wonderfully crafted cocktails, wines or other drinks from our extensive bar menu. Our comfortable ambiance and fantastic service team will only complete your unforgettable dining experience. So go on, book a table today and give us a chance to pamper you and your taste buds!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Visited this place after reading Tripadvisor reviews. I had my apprehensions but I was bowled over. One the first night I walked by this place and it was empty so I went to some other place. But then I had to try it. So I walked in on a saturday night with my family. The place was empty. The waiters were very friendly. They had my taste in music. They were playin Sinatra....We order a Grilled chicken cooked in mushroom sauce stuffed with cheese and onion. Also a half baked chicken. A fresh lime for my son and a chicken fried rice. It took about 15 minutes to get the food , the waiters were talking to us most of the time.When the food arrived it looked and smelled great. The portions were huge. The Grilled chicken was to die for . The salad it came with was so well seasoned. The mushroom sauce was perfect. The half baked chicken was huge..the fries that came with it absolutely amazing. The fried rice was good too. We had to pack stuff up as we couldn't finish it. They don't serve normal water which is ok.Carry cash..they don't honour plastic. The ambience is good too..its bang on the road so during peak season mght be a bit noisy. But go there for the food.

There are newer reviews for Horizon Grill

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I read the reviews of this place on tripadvisor and landed up there with my family to celebrate a birthday. Albeit its the off season in Goa but no other place is generally so totally empty. Yet we decided to stay on and try the food. The starters were alright, a grilled chicken and a deep-fried mushroom stuffed with cheese. We had read so much about the barbecued food here, hence we ordered the Beef Steak, the Pork Ribs & the Pork Chops. The Ribs were nice and tender but barely any meat. It was more like eating barbecued burnt lard. The ribs were chewy and not as soft as some of the better places that serve them in Goa. The steak was alright. My mom-in-law ordered a portion of jacket potatoes and all that came were potatoes...no sour cream, no cheese, nothing! We ate half heartedly and packed a lot of leftovers by the end of the meal. I wouldn't go back here for the food that is spoken about so highly.

1  Thank Croostix
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited Horizon grill three times when in candolim and we were never disappointed.I had a brilliant fillet steak with pepper sauce on our last visit and my wife had a portugese dish with fish, prawns and mash potatoes(cant remember what it is called) and she cleared her plate -she isnt a big eater and she will normally leave something so this tells you it must be good.Only thing that let Horizon down was i had french fries with my steak and they were frozen not "real chips".Friends across the road serve "real chips".

1  Thank smudger1955
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were staying very close to the Horizon Grill so decided to try it out.

1st meal: chicken breast stuffed with cheese & onion, with mushroom sauce & mashed potatoes and Fish Portugese with mash. Both dishes were excellent and pretty substantial portions.

2nd meal: chicken shashlik, served with a green salad and potato salad. The chicken was very good, the green salad very fresh and with a nice dressing on, the potato salad had (strangely - at least to me) pineapple in. All-in-all, a pretty tasty meal.

3rd meal: chicken breast stuffed with cheese & onion, with mushroom sauce & mashed potatoes an Fish Portugese with mash. Same as first visit (as it was so good), chicken was very good again, OH found the prawns in the Fish Portugese had a strange taste and that put him off eating much of his meal.

4th meal: Steak with veg, mashed potatoes and mushroom sauce. I asked for the steak to be cooked rare and it was cooked perfectly, the vegetable were crunchy (lovely). OH had Aloo Mutter and naan and that was good too.

We found the service on our last visit left something to be desired towards the end of our meal. There was several parties of girls in and the waiters seemed more interested in chatting them up than collecting our plates and getting our bill. After waiting for quite a while and trying without success to catch the eye of a waiter, OH had to go up to the counter to pay and wait for his change.
It was quite late in the evening so maybe it was just a one-off.

1  Thank Prettypollycat
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Very good value for money it was a amazing meal u sit by the road eating tea and watching the world go by. Everyone is so freindly and it was really good

1  Thank Theaakid