“Good location + tasty food”

Calamari Bathe & Binge
Ranked #26 of 333 Restaurants in Candolim
Cuisines: Barbecue, Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Large, outdoor shack-style restaurant overlooking the beach. Has a great open kitchen on arrival so you can see the food being cooked. We pre-ordered x8 "lobsters" for a group party that actually turned out to be claw-less Crayfish (although priced like lobsters). The waiters informed us that locally Lobster = Crayfish - so be careful! Still delicious though!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

on the beach in candolim, good view and deck chairs to recline, the food is below average, the service horrible, you need desperately to attract their attention to be serviced, usually you will not get what you ordered, they pay no attention to your specific order. By goan standards the food is too expensive almost 3 times the cost and the portions small. To top it all they gave me a bill which charged me for an item I never had, a cake for INR 400, when pointed out he just said minus and pay !
this restaurant is for the big city types who have not experienced goa the way they should.

1  Thank JOEGUNN
Reviewed November 16, 2013

With outdoor seating (only the top is covered) you can't g wrong at the Calamari. We went for dinner, so I couldn't see the scenery very well. But, the atmosphere was good. Cosy seating, lamps and swinging fans cooled the evening down. We ordered calamari as a starter and it was the best I have tasted!

We had prawns as the main dish and some fish which were equally tasty. With the drinks and sea breeze it was a great evening. Barring the fairly loud and no so great music, all was good. Parking is well organised as the owner also has a hotel in the same area.

I highly recommend the place.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

It is one of the best beach shack restaurants in Goa I have been to. I went there twice during my 3 day visit to Goa. Food is deliciously finger licking and hygienic. They also have live music playing. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Seafood is super and very decently priced. Would recommend to go there atleast once during your stay in Goa! Its on the beachfront so makes it even more attractive!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited in Nov 13. It was a Horrible Experience. What started out as a nice evening turned out to be a disaster. We ordered a Pizza and when my borther-in-law took a bite, he got an eaten chewing (mint) in it. I did not believe it myself so did a disgusting thing of trying it myself. The waiter did not care. He did not even apologise, he just said - you want another one. We called for the manager and his response was - none of my staff eat chewing gum!! He was also least apologetic.

2  Thank AndyDias