We booked last minute and were lucky enough to get a Suite that had just seen a cancellation, for a reasonable price.
- the booking process was great - the person doing our booking online was very responsive. Huge props to Daniel Pereira who was the exec that helped us with our booking.
- The Suite was massive and very nice. The decor was great too
- Housekeeping was very responsive
- the property was a small but nice one - quite a relaxing ambience
- the shuttle service to the beach is good and quick
- Quality of food on the menu was good
- All the staff including the front desk was great
- pool was decent
Cons (in descending order of irritation):
- We were charged different prices for the room service food. Eg on the first day, Garlic Naan was Rs40 (or Rs30 - I dont remember exactly). 2nd day it suddenly went up to Rs80. We asked and they said we were undercharged the first day, so we were like 'ok, 80 is fine'. Then we were charged Rs40 again on the 3rd day. On calling, they (a difft person this time) told us that Rs40 is the standard price. SO I am still not sure of what the price is - it was irritating that the hotel did not have a standard price. Based on the fact that for 4 meals we were charged a lower amount and a higher amount for 1 meal, I am convinced that I was overcharged for the 1 meal. Not a big deal at the end of the day, but not something you'd expect from a branded hotel
- Internet is only restricted to 1 device at a time - which is quite ridiculous!! Pricing is at par with 5 star hotels in Mumbai/Delhi and all these hotels allow 2-3 devices to use the same connection so am not sure why the restriction to 1 device. Also even though I bought a 24 hour service, it promptly shut down at midnight - so there is some deviousness there.
- The breakfast menu was uninspiring. What was unacceptable however was the fact that some items on the menu were undercooked/stale. We pointed this out to the wait staff but there was no follow up
- The bathroom was v leaky - the bidet first leaked. Then the bathtub leaked resulting in water all over the floor. To their credit, the hotel got it sorted out very quickly
- The multigym at the gym was part broken (the pec-dec cables were messed up and the lat pulldown cable was unusable).
- it is in the middle of a residential neighborhood with really narrow roads so traffic gets a little messy. I'd have really preferred a hotel right on the beach - but thats not something that the hotel can fix/not their fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a quiet, peaceful location in this colorful and vibrant city is Fortune Select Regina, a contemporary upscale full service luxury Goan Portuguese resort with 102 rooms and suites, located off the main road to Fort Aguada in Candolim, the leisure Riviera of Goa. The hotel is just a short walk from the inviting beaches of North Goa and 45 minute drive from the international airport at Dabolim. Overlooking the verdant rice fields and hills with wide, panoramic views to its east including the main Candolim Church, it is a place where vibrant energy blends with comfortable architecture, offering an ideal destination for a memorable holiday or a perfect business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fortune Acron Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Select Regina Hotel Candolim
- Fortune Acron Regina Goa/Candolim