Just back from a 4 day stay at the hotel and I have to say I am overall happy with this hotel....having said that please understand that this is not a 5 star. It is a typical 4 star hotel. Second, it is a at least 15 min walk to the beach (approx 1+ Km). Point wise specifics:
1) Room are of decent size with contemporary styling. The balcony looks over to the pool..which is a nice sight. Many TV channels to offer. Amenities are really nice of 'fiama di wills'. The bed is really comfortable (for me at least) Not too soft and not too hard.....just right for the back. Also there is a tub in the bathroom which is of good size with nice hot water. Rooms have a central consol (by the bed side) for all the electrical controls even the fan & AC....which was a very nice & easy.
2) Pool Area - It is decent size pool with around 25 beach beds. The beach beds could get full easily if the hotel is more than 40% sold out (they have 96 rooms). There is a sunken bar..which is nice. Also they have a small kid pool (2 feet deep) for the little ones. The hotel also has a small play room for kids.
3) Breakfast - One of the best I have had in a 4 star hotel. Good taste and lots of choice. Live cooking includes Eggs, parathas, South Indian (dosa/uttapam) & some fried stuff like smileys, pooris etc. The service is nice and with a smile. Overall very very good.
4) Overall Service - Service is nice.....nothing extraordinary....but as you would expect from a good hotel...humble service with a smile. Drinks are very cheap at the hotel but the food is on the expensive side. Room service is good.
5) Location - it is about 400 mtrs away from the main road in a small lane. Good part is you can hire a scooter right outside the hotel at Rs 250 a day.
It was our anniversary and they gave us a cake and a small bottle of wine which was a nice gesture.
My main reason for booking this hotel was the price....but if you want to stay near Candolim Beach (walking distance) then you should also surely check Whispering palms and Lemon tree amarante.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a quiet, peaceful location in this colorful and vibrant city is Fortune Select Regina, a contemporary upscale full service luxury Goan Portuguese resort with 102 rooms and suites, located off the main road to Fort Aguada in Candolim, the leisure Riviera of Goa. The hotel is just a short walk from the inviting beaches of North Goa and 45 minute drive from the international airport at Dabolim. Overlooking the verdant rice fields and hills with wide, panoramic views to its east including the main Candolim Church, it is a place where vibrant energy blends with comfortable architecture, offering an ideal destination for a memorable holiday or a perfect business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Fortune Acron Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Select Regina Hotel Candolim
- Fortune Acron Regina Goa/Candolim