“Amazing Stay will be back for sure.....”

Fortune Acron Regina
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Candolim
Delhi
“Amazing Stay will be back for sure.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had gone Fortune select regina in August 2012 for a small 4 days 3 nights trip with my family. Amazing Hotel, Courteous staff,Great Ambiance,Amazing Food over all great holiday experience. It was my first visit to Goa and will be memorable for long. Will definitely recommend all for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Please use the rooms facing the Entrance, Although it is in a residential area but almost all the pr...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank taruntanz
Matthew-Uthup, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Fortune Select Regina, Goa.

we are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Fortune Select Regina, Goa.

Sincerely
Fortune Select Regina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in early Dec 2010. It was our Honeymoon trip and was the peak time in Goa as well. We took a deluxe room and stayed there for 6 days. It was a truely amazing and most comfortable experience I have had till now. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels... and Believe me, none of them could match up with FSR (except for Leela).
The room was pretty clean and bed was quite cozy and comfortable. The room service was prompt and hotel staff was helpful, knowledgeable.

Although, its not there right on the beach, but just 70-80m walk... and you can reach the Candolim beach (the best beach for us in North Goa). Since we went for relaxation, we loved Candolim beach. It was quiet and free from sellers... basically.. no body to disturb.
On way to beach, we found a shop from where we hired a bike for whole of our stay.

That time, they had dinner by pool with live band performance on Thursday. I had a nice and fresh Bhetki fish made in Goan style. Loved it..!!!

Overall. we had a truely memorable experience in FSR and I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to have a relaxing and comfortable time in Goa... and Candolim beach as well.. :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Salil_Ricky
Matthew_Uthup-GM, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

At the outset, we thank you for choosing The Fortune Select Regina, Goa as a holiday venue. I am delighted to know that you had a enjoyable stay at the resort.

We have set very high standards for ourselves and are continuously striving to improve our guests’ overall experience. Your generous compliments have been passed on to the staff for making your stay a comfortable one. Comments from our esteemed guests like you propel us in our quest of raising the bar.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to our resort.

I look forward to your continued patronage and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

The Fortune Select Regina
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This property is actually owned by Acron and managed by Fortune. Based on my interaction with the staff, half of them are Acron staff and the other half, ITC staff. Acron has their office inside the hotel near the pool where they market their properties. So you will see lot of guest not staying at the hotel sitting by the pool side every day.

First, the hotel is in the middle of a residential area. I upgraded by paying extra to get a better view and my room number was 2401. The bathroom was stinking, corridors leaking, outlets also watering, tiles below the wash basin moving a lot and worst of all, the hotel was very untidy. I have uploaded, believe it or not, where i found cigaratte buds near lifts!

The staff at the front desk, while checking in, did not have a clue how to operate a chip-based credit card and it took another experienced guy to get that sorted out. My colleague's check out took actually 30 minutes because the system was showing some discounts whereas the front desk was not able to process it.

The saving grace is food. We had amazing breakfast and the room service was brilliant to say the lease. Houskeeping had to be reminded at 3 pm on our second day to clean our room. Their excuse was I put a DND light on, which i was sure I did not.

I was thoroughly disappointed with my room, though we did not complain during our stay to the staff at all. I wish we had stayed somewhere else. Guys, if you are staying in this place, please keep your expectations low. Food will be brilliant but the staff experience was very poor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Natraj S
Dear guest,

We regret that we have fallen short of your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we will follow up on all the points.Since this is by no means the standard that we aim for, and I do hope that you return to Fortune Select Regina, Goa and give us a chance to provide you our actual and recognized class service.

I would like to thank you once again for your constructive feedback.

I do look forward to your continued patronage and hope to meet you on your next visit.

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Took a trip with family with two deluxe rooms. The location - which is way too inside with a small board on the main Candolim - Aguada road that can be missed, I wasn't too happy with the distance from Calangute. Although I knew I was away, I'd say the distance was a bit from happening places - restaurants, pubs etc.

The room was great, comfortable with all amenities one requires. TV channels were limited but that wasn't the purpose of my holiday. Staff and Service was awesome - taken good care of us. The breakfast was wide spread, lot of choices - like a usual 4 star! The gym was sufficient for holiday time, I didn't really wanted to do weights. Swimming pool was for leisure so I'd say it was fine.

The disappointment was the dinner. We went to the Orchid - the same as breakfast cafe - ordered starters - fish and prawns - both average, followed by Goan chicken xacuti - below average and fish curry - again goan - which was very bland and lacked flavors. The dessert was a cheesecake which was pathetic as well. The dinner should be avoided at all cost. Point to note : we didn't opt for the buffet that other families opted for - since my family didn't like the concept and food didn't look appetizing too well. Lack of restaurants in this time was a tad disappointing.

Also, avoid taking car/taxi/bike from the hotel's outsourced vendors - he is expensive and gives a higher quote just cause of no1 being around. Walk down to the main road, turn left and there's a taxi guy there who gives bike/car on hire.

Take this hotel if you'd like to stay in most of the times and explore areas other than Calangute/Baga. The property is nice, decent value for money otherwise.

Room Tip: Deluxe room faces the backside, so the view ain't too good. The other room (slightly more expens...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Fortune Select Regina, Goa.

Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us.

We have shared your feedback with our team members and assure you of a superior experience on your next visit. .

I do look forward to your continued patronage.

Gorakhpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

very poor location. on beach along the hotel. water dripping along the a/c vents in the coridoor . they were suppose to give fruit platter in room on demand but first denied giving the same . But after that they provided without apology.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank GauravBanka
Aseem V, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Select Regina, Goa.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Fortune Select Regina, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Aseem Varma

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Fortune Regina, Goa Hotel
Our stay was for very few days, but since we were attending a Goan wedding we just wanted to have the best place to relax after such hectic schedules of attending wedding functions and Fortune Regina appeared to be the place which we could have selected. So I am listing down all the good points which impressed me and my husband the most
1. Big hotel with around 100 rooms so the services and hospitality was as per the standards.
2. The warmth of Goan resident is well known, so the hotel staff also didn’t leave any opportunity to give us the best of the service.
3. The hotel restaurant had lot of food options for breakfast and for any other meals of the day.
4. Swimming pool was very inviting.
5. We used their spa service and were absolutely delighted since it relaxed us to the core before we took part in the wedding function.
6. The staff extended their limits of hospitality to an extent where I was searching for a Bindi (typical Hindu Spot sticker used on forehead of a women) and just with a phone call at the reception and room service solved my issue. Very delighted and happy with their service.
7. Finally by god’s grace the location of the hotel was close to the church where the wedding happened and also to the spot for reception. So the whole trip was much more relaxing and enjoyable since the hotel comfort and proximity to the beach and the church was just apt.

Surely its going to be one of the most favored locations for my stay in future.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms looking to the swimming pool side and not the main road side, since its not that g...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rinkasamir
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time and a positive review of our resort. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay.

We thank you once again for your great comments and look forward to your future visit! and would await your next visit so that you can avail more of our services and have another such holiday to cherish!

Raju Louzado,
General Manager,
Fortune Select Regina, Goa
hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel was good overall but the add-ons were dissappointing. I took the carnival package for 1400 rupees per person but the atmosphere was hardly rocking. Apart from us, there were nobody on the dance floor. I liked the proximity to the beaches from the hotel, they also have a complimentary shuttle service to condolim beach.

Room Tip: dont take pool rooms by paying any extra amount.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank omer1825
, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Sir,

at the onset, i am glad you liked the hotel overall and had a comfortable stay with us.

in regards to your disappointment with the Carnival, primarily as you did not find the atmosphere rocking and the fact that there was no one other than you on the floor is truly regrettable. it shall be our endeavor to ensure that you have a great time, the next time you are here with us.

looking forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Aseem Varma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
Hyatt Place Goa Candolim
#13 of 64 in Candolim
Acron Waterfront Resort

Been to Fortune Acron Regina? Share your experiences!